Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,389 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July (2802 Views)

Airtel Launches 4G LTE In Abuja – Get 4GB Data For Free / GLO 4G LTE In Benin City / Interc- Newest 4G LTE In Nigeria, List Of Data Plans And Affordable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Omolayo27(m): 6:46pm On May 03, 2016
I have been thinking since last weekend the way MTN NG is going, they’ll do something Amazing and of a truth, they have something bigger in mind. Sometimes last year, MTN launched 4G LTE in Cameron and now is the shocker; MTN will be launching 4G LTE in Nigeria.

It sounds like a shocker but I can tell you that Ntel might be in trouble with this shocker news.
MTN Nigeria is set to roll out its Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution (4G LTE) broadband services latest by July 2016 in selected cities, using the 800MHz frequency acquired from Visafone Ltd earlier this year. MTN plans to have about 1,500 LTE collocated sites back-hauled with fibre optics this year.
According to MTN executive office, Mr Fedinand Moolman “that the main reason MTN acquired Visafone was to get access to the frequency which would allow it roll out LTE. He said that MTN has started the process to migrate all the Visafone subscribers onto its network so that they can clean up the frequency and start rolling out LTE.”

I’m pretty sure you know the first 3 cities to test MTN 4G LTE network when the roll out begins… So Visafone acquisition was not a waste. I’m loving this game because competition will now be higher than before.

You don’t know the value of SPEED until you’ve watched “The Flash”, where Barry Allen practically shows you the meaning of 4G LTE speed. Those of you still using infected, defected and relegated 3G Mobile enabled smartphone should just take a minute to mourn your device because you may not taste 4G LTE until you have a 4G LTE enabled device.

What do you think about this gorgeous step by MTN Nigeria?

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Clarinett(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2016
Let me call Mr Bharti, he needs to see this and sit up immediately.

No time.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by NCP: 6:53pm On May 03, 2016
we don't need mtn 4g it's going to be an era of paying through one:s nose for an enhanced 3.75g service.

So, keep your horseshit nonsense 3.75G to yaself.

What we need our own 4g lte via Ntel.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by udemzyudex(m): 7:21pm On May 03, 2016
NCP:
we don't need mtn 4g it's going to be an era of paying through one:s nose for an enhanced 3.75g service.

So, keep your horseshit nonsense 3.75G to yaself.

What we need our own 4g lte via Ntel.

Chill Bro, I'll advice you wait till mtn start rolling out their offers to see which one is better, the fact that ntel it's our own doesn't mean one should go for it if mtn offers better service

1 Like

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by erekking(m): 7:41pm On May 03, 2016
Would they support only one lte band. Since mtn sim works on my phone already up to 3g service would thier 4g service work on my device even if it doesnt support the lte 800mhz band supposing ur device comes with other lte bands its not all about rollin out cool offers
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by joey150(m): 7:48pm On May 03, 2016
Good one.

Ntel has been a let down.. You release 4g service and dictate the devices we can use the 4g on.. That's crap.

Mtn will surely role out the service on a wider frequency range that would be compatible with all 4g phones

1 Like

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by ugotuf(m): 8:35pm On May 03, 2016
Hahahahahaaaa, I am loving this already, they are going to give ntel a run for their money I just pray they don't close shop even before the real competition starts. MTN can bully small players silly. Their subscriber base is really massive and intimidating.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Chuksteric(m): 11:20pm On May 03, 2016
Chai.. .. If only bblited was still working.. Anyways we'll always figure out what next to do cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Phantom2(m): 11:55pm On May 03, 2016
Clarinett:
Let me call Mr Bharti, he needs to see this and sit up immediately.

No time.
if that Indian man doesn't sell to someone that'll change the name again though grin
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Youngpo413: 2:31am On May 04, 2016
I need more data even on 2G, to hell with their 4G.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Nobody: 7:35am On May 04, 2016
Their plans are already expensive.. I wonder how their 4G LTE plans will look like...
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by augster(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2016
4G that'll be slower than snail

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by dustmalik: 2:13pm On May 04, 2016
erekking:
Would they support only one lte band. Since mtn sim works on my phone already up to 3g service would thier 4g service work on my device even if it doesnt support the lte 800mhz band supposing ur device comes with other lte bands its not all about rollin out cool offers
99.9 percent of phones in the world supports 2100mhz frequency of 3G, which is the frequency telecoms in Nigeria use.

4G frequencies, on the other hand, are scattered across devices and networks.

But to answer your question. Your device must support band 20(800mhz) in order to work on MTN network. That is the same band Smile uses.

Ntel, on the other hand, has an upper hand as it concerns spectrum, since they have 2, band 3 (1800) and band 8(900).
What this means is that, MTN doesn't plan to roll out LTE-A at launch. LTE-A requires two spectrum.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by dustmalik: 2:45pm On May 04, 2016
joey150:
Good one.

Ntel has been a let down.. You release 4g service and dictate the devices we can use the 4g on.. That's crap.

Mtn will surely role out the service on a wider frequency range that would be compatible with all 4g phones
Do you even read before commenting? ntel currently has two LTE spectrums, while MTN plans to roll out its LTE with one. By the way, band 3(1800), which ntel uses, is more popular among devices OEMs shipped to EMEA countries.

Clearly, you don't know anything about LTE. There is no network in the world that supports all LTE bands.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by joey150(m): 3:27pm On May 04, 2016
dustmalik:

Do you even read before commenting? ntel currently has two LTE spectrums, while MTN plans to roll out its LTE with one. By the way, band 3(1800), which ntel uses, is more popular among devices OEMs shipped to EMEA countries.

Clearly, you don't know anything about LTE. There is no network in the world that supports all LTE bands.
oh yeah am sure I mentioned "wider" not all.

Besides I guess you don't know you can alter the bands your phone receive or pick up with regards to LTE.
At least with regards to some androids.
Its about picking a band with a wider frequency range that most phones will work with. Not tecno and the likes. Sounds to me its some shady partnership they both are into.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by ShiroSan: 4:28pm On May 04, 2016
joey150:

Besides I guess you don't know you can alter the bands your phone receive or pick up with regards to LTE.
Its about picking a band with a wider frequency range that most phones will work with. Not tecno and the likes. Sounds to me its some shady partnership they both are into.

Interesting.
Please shed more light though...

What and what do you know about the partnership.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by joey150(m): 4:42pm On May 04, 2016
ShiroSan:

Interesting.
Please shed more light though...

What and what do you know about the partnership.
well its perfect timing, tecno and the likes are introducing 4g phones, and it now seems like ntel is compatible with most of their new releases. Meanwhile, lg,Sony,apple,Samsung all are not at the same time. What a coincidence. Except a special modified galaxy s6 which ntel provides can work.

Well it's a long guess.. But it does makes a bit of sense to me. All the hype have surely reduced. Wasn't worth the hassle. I'll never switch to tecno or lenovo or infinix when I already have a 4g smartphone just to please ntel.
But there is a fix around it anyway.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by 2kurupt(m): 8:44pm On May 04, 2016
The same MTN that H+ signal will be browsing like Edge? I doubt if their LTE will be of much difference
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by dustmalik: 11:06pm On May 04, 2016
joey150:

Stop spreading falsehood. You can't alter a device to support a band the OEM never intended it to.

Secondly, there are more devices that support band 3 than band 20, so go do your research.

Thirdly, Tecno isn't the only OEM that ntel has partnered with. ntel has also partnered with Samsung. There is a variant of Samsung S6 edge specifically built for the ntel network.

Like i said, stop spreading falsehood when you know little to nothing about these things.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by joey150(m): 12:07am On May 05, 2016
dustmalik:

Stop spreading falsehood. You can't alter a device to support a band the OEM never intended it to.

Secondly, there are more devices that support band 3 than band 20, so go do your research.

Thirdly, Tecno isn't the only OEM that ntel has partnered with. ntel has also partnered with Samsung. There is a variant of Samsung S6 edge specifically built for the ntel network.

Like i said, stop spreading falsehood when you know little to nothing about these things.
look at how quick you are to pounce. So we should all buy samsung s6 ntel variant because we want 4g.
And lets not get into changing frequencies/band settings.. I believe there is google i no get time for baseless arguements.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by AwesomeRomeo: 12:27am On May 05, 2016
Rubbish!!! They will launch 4g lte by July when some areas are still battling with poor and very slow network. In my area, we have been using 2g for the past 10yrs now undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by dustmalik: 1:05am On May 05, 2016
joey150:
look at how quick you are to pounce. So we should all buy samsung s6 ntel variant because we want 4g.
And lets not get into changing frequencies/band settings.. I believe there is google i no get time for baseless arguements.
I have tried to educate you on this matter, but you have simply refused to learn. Today, FDD band 3(1800) is the most popular spectrum the world over. There are more devices that use band 3 than any other band. All the 4GLTE devices in my family, all supports it, like the BB Z30, Q10, Classic, LUMIA 1320, HTC ONE M8 and M9, Xperia Z3 dual, this clearly shows how popular the band is. Band 8(900) is fairly popular itself. In fact, according to ITU, Band 3 and 8 may be suitable for global roaming in the future in ITU regions 1,2 and 3. While band 20(800) is only suitable for roaming in ITU region 1 alone.

I"ll give you a challenge. name one phone that doesn't support band 3(1800).
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by ShiroSan: 11:58am On May 05, 2016
joey150:
well its perfect timing, tecno and the likes are introducing 4g phones, and it now seems like ntel is compatible with most of their new releases. Meanwhile, lg,Sony,apple,Samsung all are not at the same time. What a coincidence. Except a special modified galaxy s6 which ntel provides can work.

Well it's a long guess.. But it does makes a bit of sense to me. All the hype have surely reduced. Wasn't worth the hassle. I'll never switch to tecno or lenovo or infinix when I already have a 4g smartphone just to please ntel.

Well, ntel must have gone into the partnership with Tecno, knowing full well that they produce high range and mid range smartphones that are LTE capable.

Inasmuch as Ntel are targetting the higher class mainly, they also need their products to sell well among the middle class.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Omolayo27(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2016
the bigger the competition, the better the service they provide
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Rexyl(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2016
Omolayo27:
I have been thinking since last weekend the way MTN NG is going, they’ll do something Amazing and of a truth, they have something bigger in mind. Sometimes last year, MTN launched 4G LTE in Cameron and now is the shocker; MTN will be launching 4G LTE in Nigeria.

It sounds like a shocker but I can tell you that Ntel might be in trouble with this shocker news.
MTN Nigeria is set to roll out its Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution (4G LTE) broadband services latest by July 2016 in selected cities, using the 800MHz frequency acquired from Visafone Ltd earlier this year. MTN plans to have about 1,500 LTE collocated sites back-hauled with fibre optics this year.
According to MTN executive office, Mr Fedinand Moolman “that the main reason MTN acquired Visafone was to get access to the frequency which would allow it roll out LTE. He said that MTN has started the process to migrate all the Visafone subscribers onto its network so that they can clean up the frequency and start rolling out LTE.”

I’m pretty sure you know the first 3 cities to test MTN 4G LTE network when the roll out begins… So Visafone acquisition was not a waste. I’m loving this game because competition will now be higher than before.

You don’t know the value of SPEED until you’ve watched “The Flash”, where Barry Allen practically shows you the meaning of 4G LTE speed. Those of you still using infected, defected and relegated 3G Mobile enabled smartphone should just take a minute to mourn your device because you may not taste 4G LTE until you have a 4G LTE enabled device.

same way people praised 3G and rated it much higher that what it delivers. Now we have 3g and the speed is not encouraging at all in some networks. I have enjoyed Glo edge with higher speed than 3g in places where only edge is available. This highly rated 4GLTE may end up slower than 3g some networks will offer.
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by Skykid1208(m): 10:01pm On May 05, 2016

Property of "Nairaland" (Space Bookers Association of Nairaland)

[size=38]
#Don't Tress pass#
[/size]

...........................................................................................................................................

Property of "Nairaland" (Space Bookers Association of Nairaland)

[size=38]
#Don't Tress pass#
[/size]

...........................................................................................................................................
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by seunlayi(m): 5:25am On May 06, 2016
I got this on my gionee m3min. It's that not etisalat 4g? And which band is that

1 Like

Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by ShiroSan: 8:06pm On May 30, 2016
joey150:

I heard that Mtn will soon release 4G
Re: Mtn Ng To Launch 4g Lte In July by mtndata(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
See Secret behind this MTN 4G of a thing.>> http://www.mtndata.com.ng/2016/09/mtn-4g-lte-data-bundle-plan-prices.html

Omolayo27:

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Amazing Logos I Created. / Check Out This Phone, Cheap With The Best Of Qualities / Infinix Note 4 Vs Tecno L9 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.