Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. (2521 Views)

Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) / The Dangers In Making & Answering Calls While "Charging" / Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by lifezone247(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2016
This is the reason.

Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2016
This is a popular hoax on internet. Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876. Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Comes here. I want to see you."The word "Hello" actually came from holla which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use "Ahoy" as in the ships those days which coincidentally was misheard by Edison .In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh:

Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call
bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away.
What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender
& receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by MrFairplay4ume(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2016
I smell lies!!!!
The guy above, your Moniker 'sodiq' means 'the truthful' you are on ponit grin

1 Like

Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Brymo: 7:17pm On May 03, 2016
grin
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Kagarko(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2016
I smell lies too.

But it was creatively put. But I must confess that lie is legendary.
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 03, 2016
Which GF?? Lemme not catch the OP telling us tales by moonlight...
Alexander G Bell actually used ''Ahoy'' inplace of hello...
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Nobody: 2:02am On May 04, 2016
[size=20pt]Welcome to History class Abeg who ello don elp? waste of space![/size]
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by MrFlavvor(m): 4:30am On May 04, 2016
Kagarko:
I smell lies too.

But it was creatively put. But I must confess that lie is legendary.
no shit. been hearing it since like forever
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Lexusgs430: 4:39am On May 04, 2016
I don't say hello, I answer to yaya de
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Gbade60: 6:43am On May 04, 2016
Was "Hello" the name of Alexander Graham Bell's wife? Alexander Graham Bell (inventor) Curious Minds 3 ANSWERS No. This is a popular hoax on internet. Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876. Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come-here. I want to see you." The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison. In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh : Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away. What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.
Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by akoladejesu(m): 6:44am On May 04, 2016
DBos:
[size=20pt]Welcome to History class Abeg who ello don elp? waste of space![/size]
Hello don help Adele now.

2 Likes

Re: We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. by Nobody: 6:51am On May 04, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Camon CX For Sale / Tecno Pouvoir 3 For Sell / Fake 4g LTE Internet Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.