Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (13460 Views)

PR In Religion / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:57pm On May 03, 2016
BE WARNED, THIS STORY YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ WILL SOW A MUSTARD SEED OF DOUBT ON YOUR FERTILE RELIGIOUS LIFE, PUNTURE THE TIRE OF YOUR SPIRITUALITY OR BETTER STILL MAKE YOU BITTER, ANGRY AND EVIL-MINDED TOWARDS THE AUTHOR. YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF SO MUCH TO THINK UNCONSCIOUSLY ON YOUR BED, ON THE WAY TO CHURCH, WHILE YOU OUGHT TO PRAY IF YOU HEED THIS ADVICE.
BUT ON THE CONTRARY, IF YOU DO, YOU ARE LIABLE TO FREEDOM, CURIOSITY, RESEARCH AND UNIMAGINABLE QUESTIONS THAT WILL MAKE YOU RESTLESS.
I HAVE WARNED YOU.
MIND YOU, IT IS MY STORY, SO PLEASE DO NO ACT UNCHRISTIANLY, AND FOR THEIR MUSLIM COUNTERPART, PLEASE DO ACT UNISLAMIC (It is no news that Islam is a VIOLENT Religion).
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
[color=#990000][/color]

4 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:59pm On May 03, 2016
[b]Prologue
The battle for the soul of man is not between God and the Devil. It is rather within the circle of some powerful, psychotic and hypnotical men and yearning for freedom, rationalism, realism and sheer Ignorance. I do not know all, I do not wish to know all but I strongly want to know the ‘Whys’, ‘How’ and ‘Who’ have succeeded to make man this pathetic. I may not have experience many other religions outside Christianity but it is a basic fact that they all use same modus operandi to keep their adherents. Hence, my generalization to put all kinds of religion into one basket.
To be frank, I do not see any religion get into the 23rd century because just like a mustard seed grows in a big tree, atheism and all its allies are expanding with little or less evangelism but with the aid of the Internet and available information. The Curious ones are beginning to get enlightened. Curiosity, they say, kills the cat; Sorry I beg to differ, Curiosity, I think, frees the cat.
I know, if this story gets out, and I wish it does, it will create more enemies for me than I could imagine but more importantly, I am concerned about my friends, colleagues, former spiritual protégés and many persons who look up to me. They will be so disappointed and would find it difficult to accept it. Yea, it was also difficult for me, it is the most painful decision I have made till date. I am already paying the price, some of my closest allies have distanced themselves, some don’t even want to talk to me (LOL) but then, I am a lover of freedom even though it does not exist in the real sense of the word but then, I have this motto that keeps me going: I can DISCOMFORT myself for YOU(ANYBODY); But I will NOT DISPLEASE myself because of YOU. This is where the line is being drawn, just like the Yoruba adage that says “A farm which belongs to both the father and his son cannot exist without having a demarcation between them”.
So let me apologize ahead to all who would perhaps be pissed off, disappointed and do, say all manner of negativity; I am deeply sorry I groomed, encourage, helped, taught you in FAITH I would later abandon. It was not my intention. But I want you to know, I did all I did with all sincerity of heart and purity and hope of making you a better person. Which I know many of you are, courtesy of my impartation and maybe some of you have fallen away just like me. But I assure you of one thing, my personality, character has not changed except my FAITH which transformed to FACTS. I no longer walk by FAITH; I work with FACTS.
How I wish, Christianity was real. But then, it has her good sides which is far less than its dark sides. I am not here to expose that, but to tell you my story. At least give me the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, I am not expecting much positivity from this. I just hope you will understand now or later.
[/b]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by marshalcarter: 11:02pm On May 03, 2016
Abeg...pesin wey don read...make him summarize for me
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2016
Here we go again. im sure you also are not trying to convince or convert anybody. You just want to share your story and have fellowship and sing kumbaya with the brethren.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by johnydon22(m): 12:18am On May 04, 2016
^^^ You are not being forced to comment or read, so simply let the guy be and go about your business while he goes about his story

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by AccidentalGenius: 12:24am On May 04, 2016
Image123:
Here we go again. im sure you also are not trying to convince or convert anybody. You just want to share your story and have fellowship and sing kumbaya with the brethren.
why are you so pathetic? There's a warning not to read, yet you read. He also explains what'll happen if u go further, yet you do. Now you accuse him of trying to convert people and get some sort of followership? I believe your god must have taught you common sense to read and understand and most importanly act accordingly. Now leave this thread, this is clearly not meant for people like you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by johnydon22(m): 12:47am On May 04, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
why are you so pathetic? There's a warning not to read, yet you read. He also explains what'll happen if u go further, yet you do. Now you accuse him of trying to convert people and get some sort of followership? I believe your god must have taught you common sense to read and understand and most importanly act accordingly. Now leave this thread, this is clearly not meant for people like you.

See me see wahala oooo.. someone wants to share his story and he is talking about conversion as if he is asking anybody to click the thread and read the story..

I skip 97% of the threads on the religious board once i practically don't see how i can be interested in it not click them and start complaining.

there is nothing someone won't see on Nairaland..

Anyway Cc. HardMirror, urahara, Virginboy1 frank317 menesheh and others... a new story is about to unfold
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by menesheh(m): 12:59am On May 04, 2016
Present.

Stop giving relevance to whom it is not due. Always expect negative comments from perversed folks who care less whether or not they are in the right track especially on the issue of their faith.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by urahara(m): 1:02am On May 04, 2016
Na everybody wey won become overnight celeb lyk hard mirror grin grin
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 1:04am On May 04, 2016
[b]CHAPTER ONE
IN THE BEGINNING- Dankol was brought up in fear of the Lord according to Prov 22:6
I do not really know how to start this, but I do know I was born into a good Christian home though polygamous. I never knew until my late teens anyway. My parents successfully kept it away from us (I love their understanding). Well, that’s not why, I am writing this anyway. In my early years of life, my parents were very religious, Dad was a very active Christian (though not anymore sha), I recall, he was in the choir, also in the church board of a very powerful church founded by an American lady -If you can decode that, Goodluck! to you wink. My mum was just an ordinary member but one thing she always does though it annoys me then was, she will teach me a song to go out there before the church to minister. At what age, I was just about 6, 7 or 8. No matter how I refuse, she will always have her way. But seriously, I recall, one day after I sang one song in church, one woman came to meet me while I was going home with mum. She said, she was impressed with me, that I did brilliantly and she gave me some biscuits. Oboy! That was the turning point of my music career.
Mum do not need to force me anymore; I go to her to teach me songs to go out there to minister. She was happy and was ever supportive even though sometimes, I do or say crazy things. Mind you, I was just singing for singing though I enjoyed it not because of the attention but because, it was having positive effects on people. Many at times, people come tell me in church, that they came just to hear me sing. I do feel happy but I don’t let it get into my head cos I do hate pride. Though I have the elements strong inside of me.
Let me say this, my Christian life was shaped for the better by the foundation my mum gave me. Reading Bible was a hobby for me because she made it interesting and appealing. So i developed interest in reading the Bible. There is study devotional bible i used to see her use, i took it for my self and read the whole bible. At age Eight, i can tell you any story in the bible and tell you where to find it. Cover to Cover. -That was where my appetite for reading began. the stories fascinated me. But the prophecies and non story-like books i did ignore sha. So do not think, i was studying. I was reading for pleasure. But sure, it was a postivie sign of christian growth for me, cos mum was proud of me. She taught me more importantly ‘Discovering yourself’, ‘Having self-esteem but not proud’, ‘how to deal with anger,’ ‘how to treat women', ‘Sex Education’- the way she taught me and my siblings on this one heh, no be small oooo. She was damn raw and it really was helpful and many things that made me who I am. I am so indebted to her. Wait, did I tell you she is late? (I was sobbing while typing that). She was my mentor, adviser, my best friend and most importantly, my mother. We do fight often but it never dampened her love for me. She would do anything for me, I mean anything. I do miss her; I wish she would be alive to see her son be a man she always wanted him to be (but not the irreligious sha) cos I know she would fight me on that to a standstill. But mind you, Mum is always curious like me, let me say, I got it from her, by the time I present my propositions and facts, she would have joined me. That I am pretty sure. She hates lies and hypocrisy as much as I do.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 1:07am On May 04, 2016
Mind you no matter what you haters say, I will finish this story, I guarantee you. You can make a good phone call to sky daddy Jesus to stop me. I will update as much as i can but slowly for my readers to digest. Also, i am packaging this story as a book, it will be in pdf form. So when it is ready, if anyone will be interested by then. I could give it out. but i have not decided on that yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by urahara(m): 1:07am On May 04, 2016
johnydon22:

See me see wahala oooo.. someone wants to share his story and he is talking about conversion as if he is asking anybody to click the thread and read the story..

I skip 97% of the threads on the religious board once i practically don't see how i can be interested in it not click them and start complaining.

there is nothing someone won't see on Nairaland..

Anyway Cc. HardMirror, urahara, Virginboy1 frank317 menesheh and others... a new story is about to unfold

Present.

.# the xtian zombies are coming soon

3 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:10am On May 04, 2016
dankol:
Mind you no matter what you haters say, I will finish this story, I guarantee you. You can make a good phone call to sky daddy Jesus to stop me. I will update as much as i can but slowly for my readers to digest. Also, i am packaging this story as a book, it will be in pdf form. So when it is ready, if anyone will be interested by then. I could give it out. but i have not decided on that yet.

Carry on brother.. lets see where it goes... I am sure it will be a good read
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 1:14am On May 04, 2016
urahara:

My dear, i am no fan of fame. If i wanted to be one, I should have become one in Christianity. and i would not be here writing this story. Hard Mirror's story was an encouragement, there are several others out there. Don't discourage them. This forum is the only place we can be free. most of us still go to church so we wont loose our heads one day while we are asleep by religious fanatics.

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by urahara(m): 1:20am On May 04, 2016
dankol:

My dear, i am no fan of fame. If i wanted to be one, I should have become one in Christianity. and i would not be here writing this story. Hard Mirror's story was an encouragement, there are several others out there. Don't discourage them. This forum is the only place we can be free. most of us still go to church so we wont loose our heads one day while we are asleep by religious fanatics.

My broda na yeye joke i dey joke grin grin. Ride on my bros. I wish dis could make the front page( winks at moderators. )

Pls promise to update frequently and dont put us in long suspense. Like hardmirror grin
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 3:35am On May 04, 2016
[b]CHAPTER TWO
THE CONSCIOUS BEGINNING
Yea! I have been into music at a very early age but just for the fun of it and I do enjoy the good things that followed. Though I could not join the choir then because it is not like choir of today that a new born baby will be allowed to sing sef. Na old men and women. Remember, I said, my dad who was in his mid-thirties then was in the choir. So I could not even think of it even if I have the voice of Lucifer.
Later, my parents relocated from South West to the North Central in search of greener pastures (I won’t like to give the details). But the Church was not Innocent in the matter. It was a rough time for my family, in fact the roughest, I recall one morning, we were doing our morning devotion, and mum was cabashing in the MFM style, she said one prayer that got everyone cracking “Oh Lord! every of my enemy looking shu shu shu for my success, Father! blindfold them” grin grin(- laughing my heart out as I am typing this). She was damn embarrassed and we had to pay for it in the form of late breakfast. Anyway, back to the storyline; We settled down in a suburb that was supposed to be demolished by a man I once hated (He is a governor now), joined a small church. Here was the beginning of my conscious Christian life. The smaller a group of persons, the effective their welfare. My mum took me straight to the pastor (a very discourteous woman who do not regard or respect her husband nor people who do not agree to her point of view- You are the next line of message lyrics next Sunday. I really pity men who fall in lust sorry love with Choleric ladies, My father! My Father! Where is my manliness; The men in that relationship are the women. It will only take a conscious and a well-mannered choleric lady to succumb to a man’s authority. Naturally, it can’t happen. And except the man knows it and give her space, that relationship may not last. I know several of such relation-SHIP that crashed in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle- where love turn to intense hate). Mind you, i will advice you google it if you do not have much idea about that part of the world. This could help you learn more than you intend to. I know a Choleric lady like that in a church (School base) I use to visit to clear my head when I can’t take the fowl messages coming from my local church pastor. She can argue till thy kingdom come, and has argued with everyone in that church for one reason or the other.
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by alienvirus: 3:46am On May 04, 2016
Reading...
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by HardMirror(m): 5:38am On May 04, 2016
Following
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by tpiadotcom: 5:56am On May 04, 2016
urahara:

lolz

seems they dont like posting in fiction section though, they prefer here.

This one just seems to be playing with bold font and the word Faith.

I wonder what's worrying him.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by virginboy1(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2016
urahara:

Present.

.# the xtian zombies are coming soon

Present Sir

Lolzzz, Christian zombies? grin

Like that image dude up there.

Thank GOD for science. grin
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by wirinet(m): 7:36am On May 04, 2016
Following ....
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:53am On May 04, 2016
[b]CHAPTER TWO CONTINUATION
At a point everyone avoided her like a plague even I. Her own strong pass my own ooo, my dear reader. Recently I saw her, in fact she was the one that called me. Guess where I checked first on her body, her fingers to know if she is even engaged or married. But common rubber band ring no dey the fingers ooo. Seriously, I can’t recommend her to my enemy- but I don’t even recognize any. I recall one day at the bible study, she is a champion in bible too ooo, after the service, I wanted to see the pastor, she was with the pastor, I caught her saying, “Pastor! There is this your friend on Facebook whom you introduced me to and he is trying to be my friend. Please tell him to stop disturbing me. He is not my type. He is too short for my liking.” The pastor just laughed and cautioned her. Inside of me, I was like, so this lady even get admirers, she no thank God. Please, forgive me my choleric female counterparts but the truth must be told. Those of you who still can pray, please pray your way out of stubbornness, aggression and pride. Personally, the last two are at its minimal in my life, so it is achievable. You can control it, but not remove it. Don’t be deceived by the “old things have passed away and all things are become new” propaganda. It is who you are! your make up! but you can work on it that no one will notice it.
I was encouraged to start up the choir for the church. At first, I was like, mum! How do you expect me to start a choir from the scratch with no prior experience? She told me, I was just to join them, that already there was someone in charge whom I could learn from. I agreed to join them.
Yea! I cannot forget him, He was my first Choir master, a tutor, very patient and having a great vocal. Bro Felix taught me many things, he laid the foundation of Christian music in me. Wait, did I tell you guys, we were just two in the choir –LOL. Sorry, we both started the choir of that silly church having the basic source of energy as its emblem and name.
There and then, I was indoctrinated, I took my Christian life serious and music too cos that’s what I was known for. Though later, I could virtually do anything in Christendom, Preach, evangelize, pray till thy kingdom come, fast, ushering, technical. I have done virtually everything, being in every department though in a few churches. I have only been active in four churches all my life. The first one as mentioned earlier, now the second one- there is not much here to tell because I was still young and knew nothing except to be ordered about. Maybe, I would have gotten more experience, but it was short-lived by a very serious issue my parents had with the pastor (I won’t like to go into details, though I am not surprised because it was a clash of two choleric women. My mum and the Pastor. It was a very bloody war- blood was not spilled ooo but it was like I no go gree , you no go gree. I won’t let you order my hubby about, I will order him about because I am his pastor and mama in the Lord. Both of them were just so lucky to have men who were so so understanding, the Phlegmatics- na wetin fit them be dat sha if not – na Bermuda republic straight) hahahahaha. Mum C… Na joke ooooo. But let me say this, I think I got my stubbornness, curiosity from my mum and had to learn calmness and maturity from dad. I recall how the event played out but the end result was, we left the church. Lobatan!
[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by otem4eartum: 11:07am On May 04, 2016
dankol:
[b]Prologue
The battle for the soul of man is not between God and the Devil. It is rather within the circle of some powerful, psychotic and hypnotical men and yearning for freedom, rationalism, realism and sheer Ignorance. I do not know all, I do not wish to know all but I strongly want to know the ‘Whys’, ‘How’ and ‘Who’ have succeeded to make man this pathetic. I may not have experience many other religions outside Christianity but it is a basic fact that they all use same modus operandi to keep their adherents. Hence, my generalization to put all kinds of religion into one basket.
To be frank, I do not see any religion get into the 23rd century because just like a mustard seed grows in a big tree, atheism and all its allies are expanding with little or less evangelism but with the aid of the Internet and available information. The Curious ones are beginning to get enlightened. Curiosity, they say, kills the cat; Sorry I beg to differ, Curiosity, I think, frees the cat.
I know, if this story gets out, and I wish it does, it will create more enemies for me than I could imagine but more importantly, I am concerned about my friends, colleagues, former spiritual protégés and many persons who look up to me. They will be so disappointed and would find it difficult to accept it. Yea, it was also difficult for me, it is the most painful decision I have made till date. I am already paying the price, some of my closest allies have distanced themselves, some don’t even want to talk to me (LOL) but then, I am a lover of freedom even though it does not exist in the real sense of the word but then, I have this motto that keeps me going: I can DISCOMFORT myself for YOU(ANYBODY); But I will NOT DISPLEASE myself because of YOU. This is where the line is being drawn, just like the Yoruba adage that says “A farm which belongs to both the father and his son cannot exist without having a demarcation between them”.
So let me apologize ahead to all who would perhaps be pissed off, disappointed and do, say all manner of negativity; I am deeply sorry I groomed, encourage, helped, taught you in FAITH I would later abandon. It was not my intention. But I want you to know, I did all I did with all sincerity of heart and purity and hope of making you a better person. Which I know many of you are, courtesy of my impartation and maybe some of you have fallen away just like me. But I assure you of one thing, my personality, character has not changed except my FAITH which transformed to FACTS. I no longer walk by FAITH; I work with FACTS.
How I wish, Christianity was real. But then, it has her good sides which is far less than its dark sides. I am not here to expose that, but to tell you my story. At least give me the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, I am not expecting much positivity from this. I just hope you will understand now or later.
[/b]

Surely, the spirit of Eartum, the defender of the truth is moving around. Religion can't get fat anymore because the POWER OF THE 'HOLY PEOPLE' is already going to be scattered. HOLY PEOPLE = RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. they are so unrighteous but they claim HOLINESS. they shall all submit to the true God whose everlasting Dominion is already beginning. The true God is DOMINO REVERAD.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by kevoh(m): 11:40am On May 04, 2016
Grabs a seat, orders Johnydon22 to go get more popcorn as dem don finish am for Hardmirror thread angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2016
johnydon22:
^^^ You are not being forced to comment or read, so simply let the guy be and go about your business while he goes about his story

Am i disturbing the fellowship? you people and muslims, i don't know who is more shy.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

You believe? i thought you were an unbeliever. Una own worse, yet you will accuse God of not permitting contrary views and opinions, yet you can strangle yourselves when a christian walks in with contrary views. Hypo.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 2:02pm On May 04, 2016
dankol:

You're referring to me, i do not hate you neither am i interested in you finishing your story or not. Your finishing your story adds nothing and takes nothing away from me, it is your fundamental human right. Don't feel persecuted, christians have always being more opposed, even physically, psychologically etc, don't get emotional because there is someone reading your thread who is not all excited and loving your every post. It's a public forum, remember.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by johnydon22(m): 2:23pm On May 04, 2016
^^^ Guys for the interest of keeping the thread sane and not derail, please ignore and lets move on.

Dankol continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 2:56pm On May 04, 2016
[b]CHAPTER THREE
DAD’S ADVICE
The search for a new church began for me because I want to sing but then, that experience had made my parents lose faith in the religious system and seriously I was pissed off with them especially my Dad. He would no longer go to church. I guess experience matters a lot in issues and that’s why I told myself, I would never force anything on anyone, let your experience define your decision and path. Why? Because my dad made me realize that. He has had his fair share of the hypocrisy; he was damn tired but he could not tell me the details until later when I got into his shoes. But back then, I was mad at him for abandoning God and would incur God’s wrath on us, though I could not confront him telling him that, but I diplomatically told him, am displeased with his lackadaisical attitude toward God. He made a statement that will forever be ringing in my ears, though I never understood then, but when I did, I was happy I had him as a father. Ever calm yet full of words of wisdom. He said, “Dankol, you can’t understand now, until you get to that point where you have to decide either to join them to do what they have been doing, stay where you are or you turn back to where you are coming from. But as for me, I don’t not want to turn back, where I am, I am comfortable.” Sorry, Did I inform you he became a pastor in this new church? In fact, a residential pastor, he refused to be paid because he believed he was working for God. He was not perfect but he yearned to please God and he did his best. I am proud of him. Though today, he is still a Christian but he is not far from my position, it’s a matter of time. Also, he does not know am out but he sure knows my disposition because, he stumbled on some of my posts on Facebook some time ago. He was flabbergasted, at first he tried to use some commanding tone, it did not work, he then pleaded after which I agree to shield my sword of unleash on religion for now. The posts on Facebook was because some Christian fanatic provoked me anyway.
At this point in time, mum was succumbing to her sickness/disease. She was not so strong but was strong in faith. When she is strong enough she would join us in my new church according to her, just to hear me sing.
At my new church virtually right in front of our house, that was the beginning of my churchiness or churchism. Though it conflicted with my passion to play football but my reverence for God make be overcome that of football. I was so influential in the choir, anything I say was adopted. I was creative; in fact, because of the pride of instrumentalists, I learnt how to play the Drum set all by myself. Though am not a professional drummer, but if you do too much guy, I will replace you sharp sharp. Frankly, I do hate pride. If there is anything you want and you are not getting, make your request, if it is not met, fall out. It’s not by force.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 3:07pm On May 04, 2016
^^if I may ask, you've not talked about your faith,your becoming saved or born again experience. Would be interesting to see. So far, you've painted the picture of a religious person, just saying.

2 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by calliope(f): 4:56pm On May 04, 2016
Op keep to your promise of finishing this story else, angry Following!!!!!
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by AccidentalGenius: 5:33pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

You believe? i thought you were an unbeliever. Una own worse, yet you will accuse God of not permitting contrary views and opinions, yet you can strangle yourselves when a christian walks in with contrary views. Hypo.

something is wrong with you. where did I mention im a believer of your baby fairytale stories

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi / Peace And Safety, The Rapture Is Here / The Bible Stands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.