Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,303 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building (648 Views)

(advice): A Lady At My Lodge Threw Her Menstrual Pad On Me / (advice): A Lady At My Lodge Threw Her Menstrual Pad On Me / Anja Ringgren-Lovén Rescuing Nigerian Children From ‘witchcraft' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building by 240naija(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2016
We present to you one of the incredible escape of all time. A heart-stopping moment woman throws her three children from fourth story window of a burning South Korean building to US airmen below.
This is the incredible moment that a South Korean mother flung her children from a burning a building to US airmen waiting to catch them below (pictured left, the woman dangles her child over the edge, and right, lets him drop to the crowd below)

This is the incredible moment a terrified mother-of-three flung her children from a burning building in South Korea to a group of US airmen waiting to catch them below.

Cellphone footage shows 30-year-old Precious Enyioko, who was trapped on the 4th story with her three children, aged just 7 months, 3 and 4-years-old, as the building burned around them.

Cellphone footage captured the moment the child plummeted down four stories from the burning building

US airmen, from the nearby Osan Airbase, in Pyeongtaek county, South Korea, had spotted the commotion last Friday afternoon and quickly assembled a rescue team of locals and military on the ground below.

As thick black smoke billowed out the windows of the building, the desperate woman was finally persuaded to drop her baby. The screams of the horrified crowd were heard as the child plummeted four stories before it was safely caught in the rescue teams' blanket below.

Precious Enyioko, pictured with two of her children, said it had been incredibly hard to bring herself to drop her children

The baby was followed by Enyioko's other two children, who were thrown from the blazing building, before their mother flung herself from the window.

Thankfully, she too landed safely on the blanket being held by the US military forces and the locals. 'It was so difficult to drop my children. It was so dark in the room and the kids were coughing and crying. When I saw the people gathering with the blanket, I could see it was military members, I thanked my God,' she told DVIDS.

Her husband, Prince Enyioko, said he was overwhelmed with gratitude to the airmen for saving the lives of his wife and child. 'I really appreciate what happened that very day. I don't know how I can explain my thanks. Without them I don't know what I would do – I am so grateful for the wisdom of the military men and women.' Enyioko told DVIDS.

Enyioko from Nigeria, said he felt 'helpless' after returning home from work to find his family trapped by the blaze. 'I tried to help my family but I couldn't. I was so surprised to see people gathering here to rescue my family especially the military. I felt so helpless.'

Precious' husband Prince Enyioko, originally from Nigeria, said he felt 'helpless' after returning home from work to find his family trapped by the blaze

MSgt Daniel Raimondo told CNN that the and his fellow airmen had been passing by the area when they noticed the thick black smoke. After one of him comrades ran to get a blanket to catch the family on, he pleaded with the terrified woman to let go of her children.

'Please throw your baby, please throw your baby,' he told her. 'She did just that.'

The fire had ripped through the building, trapping the family on the fourth floor with no means of escape

Raimondo said he'd struggled to persuade her to let go of her last child. 'She just wouldn't let them go,' he told CNN. 'I remember looking at her though all the turmoil and commotion. I just begged and pleaded with her, 'Please throw the baby down.'

'And I remember her screaming at the baby 'I love you, I love you, I love you. The next thing you know, she's dropped the baby. And of course at the end, the mother had to come down.

'You could barely even see her at that point. The smoke and fire was horrendous. I was just shouting, 'You have to jump, you have to jump.'

Click for photos

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/05/incredible-escape-moment-nigerian-mom.html
Re: Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building by Nobody: 10:26am On May 04, 2016
Oh no! shocked
Re: Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building by talktonase(m): 10:27am On May 04, 2016
Mothers are heroes especially my Nigerian mothers..
Re: Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building by Beface(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2016
Re: Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building by oshe11: 10:44am On May 04, 2016
witnes it live in South Korea
Re: Moment Nigerian Mom Threw Her 3 Children From 4th Floor Of A Burning Building by wawaboy1(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2016
THIS IS WONDERFUL. I LOVE MY MUM

(1) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters And The Height Of Irresponsible Journalism In Nigeria / Hilarious Pics Of Edo Sons And Daughters Boarding A Flight To Europe. / Could This Be Proof That The Average Nigerian Is Shallow Minded?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.