Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,635 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing (821 Views)

100 Cows Missing In Enugu - Fulani Herdsman Says / Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger / 20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:24am On May 04, 2016

There are fears that Agatu may soon come under
serious attack from suspected Fulani herdsmen
following a recent media speculation that over 50
cows belonging to the cattle breeders were
reportedly killed by Agatu people while trying to
cross to Nasarawa State last weekend.
DAILY POST gathered that there is currently
palpable tension in the land within the past few
days when the report surfaced in the media as
the irate herdsmen have threatened to attack the
community for reportedly killing their cattle.
A resident of Ogwule in Agatu told our reporter
that many residents have deserted the
community for the fear of being attacked by the
cattle breeders-turned-gunmen.
Asked if over 50 cows were truly killed as widely
reported in the media, the resident, who gave his
name as Samson described the report as untrue
and misleading.
According to him, not even a single cow was
killed by the Agatu people, stressing that it was
an avenue they want to use in attacking the
ravaged community.
“That is a lie. A big lie, untrue and misleading.
Nobody killed any cow belonging to Fulani people.
These people are going about claiming in the
media that we killed 80 of their cattle in Agatu,
but I can tell you that it is a big lie. They have
threatened to attack our people, in fact, as we
speak, many persons have fled their homes for
the fear of being attacked by these marauders,”
Samson said.
He called on the relevant security agents to beef
up security in the volatile area.
“The police, army and other security agencies
should come to our aide before they unleash
another terror on our land,” he pleaded.
“We want the federal government to quickly draft
more security men into the area to thwart any
outbreak of violence,” Samson said.
Reacting to the development, President of One
Idoma Initiative, Barrister Paul Edeh noted that
from their findings, the Agatu people did not kill
any cow belonging to the herdsmen, warning
that any attempt to carry out another attack on
the community would not go down well with the
people of Idoma.
“From our findings, we can authoritatively tell you
that such did not happen. These people go about
lying in the media that their cattle were killed
without providing pictorial evidence.
“We are calling on leadership of of Miyetti Allah
Cattle Breeders Association to call its members to
order as further attack on Agatu or any part of
Benue would not go down well,”Edeh warned.
Efforts to Baba Othman Ngelzarma, the national
secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders
Association could not yield any result as his
phones were unreachable at the time of filing this
dailypost.ng/2016/05/04/another-attack-looms-in-benue-as-fulani-herdsmen-declare-80-cows-missing-finger-agatu-people/
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by nrexzy: 10:26am On May 04, 2016
Soon suya go scarce!
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:29am On May 04, 2016
Benue youths defend yourselves and your fatherland. The President will not help you, he's their father, the governor, won't, he is their slave, the Commissioner of police has been bought, your senator has been made weak by them- you voted away his federal might, the media will not help you, the APC won't. Noone can help you, but yourselves. Stand and defend yourselves

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by ClitRaider: 10:32am On May 04, 2016
nrexzy:
Soon suya go scarce!
After war, suya go always plenty.

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by DaBullIT(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2016
Cows don't just go missing

but since some news said Agatu people killed fulanis and their cows

I knew this will get out of hand

i said some unscrupulous elements will hijack the situation

so will fulani agree to forget their 80 cows ? that's if any cow is missing

and will the community produce those who stole the said cows ??

It's definitely going to get out of hand
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by MasterofNL: 10:32am On May 04, 2016
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by MasterofNL: 10:36am On May 04, 2016
DaBullIT:
Cows don't just go missing

but since some news said Agatu people killed fulanis and their cows

I knew this will get out of hand

i said some unscrupulous elements will hijack the situation

so will fulani agree to forget their 80 cows ? that's if any cow is missing

and will the community produce those who stole the said cows ??

It's definitely going to get out of hand

The fulani herdsmen should report to the police if their cows are missing and not attack Agatu.

1 Like

Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by wowmenow: 10:37am On May 04, 2016
They will not act on this tips
After the attack they will sack the commisiioner of police for saying they are Fulani
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by Nobody: 10:37am On May 04, 2016
MasterofNL:

The fulani herdsmen should report to the police if their cows are missing and not attack Agatu.
Simple and short.

The level of idi0cy and dull@rdism is mind-boggling
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2016
Buhari is involved grin
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by oshe11: 10:41am On May 04, 2016
ok! I will advice dose agatu pipo dat r weak to buhari(travel) from dat place n den buhari bak afta everytin

let me kall my n ask if he has buhari-ed(travelled)
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by Nobody: 10:46am On May 04, 2016
Fulani people from Nasarawa state should think twice before crossing the benue river this time.That is all I have to said now.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by SleekAboki: 10:47am On May 04, 2016
It would amount to national embarrassment if after this headstart the Fulani militias succeeds in exacting revenge on Agatu.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by DaBullIT(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2016
MasterofNL:

The way the agatu people reported to the police before killing 30 fulanis and 80 cows? the news made FP on nairaland and so many ibo and their sympathizers were hailing the agatu youths for serving justice well deserved, now someone is denying the story ? and you are talking about reporting to police ?

I do not support terrorism , but i keep following the news , same ibo youths said they don't want grazing bill, Buhari said to deploy soldiers to the ss/se/nd states , same Ibo youths cried that it's an attempt to bring military presence to their states in preparation for another massacre

now that it's on , i can only sitback and watch events as they unfold
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by XaintJoel20: 11:05am On May 04, 2016
What is Buhari doing about this?
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by iflywithbuhari(f): 11:11am On May 04, 2016
DaBullIT:

The way the agatu people reported to the police before killing 30 fulanis and 80 cows? the news made FP on nairaland and so many ibo and their sympathizers were hailing the agatu youths for serving justice well deserved, now someone is denying the story ? and you are talking about reporting to police ?

I do not support terrorism , but i keep following the news , same ibo youths said they don't want grazing bill, Buhari said to deploy soldiers to the ss/se/nd states , same Ibo youths cried that it's an attempt to bring military presence to their states in preparation for another massacre

now that it's on , i can only sitback and watch events as they unfold
What's your point
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by BlackTechnology: 11:34am On May 04, 2016
Fulani herdsmen terrorism must be stopped
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by omenka(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2016
The demonic plans of the enemies of this country will not prevail.

We have seen through their plot to instigate a full blown catastrophe just to stave off their incarceration for stealing the country blind over the last few years.

No one knows who the killers of the cattle are, it might well not be the people of Agatu, but that is the message they've fed the public and the cattle herders, so they can retaliate and we can have one reprisal after another, while they sit back in their coven to plot their next move.

In all of these, ignorant volunteer foot soldiers of the last admin who gained absolutely nothing from it have made themselves willing hands to those demons who'd stop at nothing to frustrate this government. They dispense, propagate and amplify distasteful news of this nature to stir up fear, anger, and hatred- all of which do them no fvcking good.

They hold logic and reason in contempt and criminalise truth while they extol the "virtue" of being a terrible liar! Yesterday, it was a picture of the so called killed cattle which turned out to be a picture of a ceremony taken from some distant African country. Today, it is a picture of a truckload of arms "confiscated" in Kano, destined for fulani herdsmen and it turned out to be a picture taken from California!!

Rationalising stupidity and sabotage is their stock in trade. Their excuse- "GEJ suffered the same". My prayer is that I hope all that carnage and death they wish upon innocent people of Nigeria simply because they dislike the president visits and abide with them in their respective households alone, amen.

Nigeria will live in peace now and forever.
Re: Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing by iSlayer: 12:36pm On May 04, 2016
Problem.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Was Worth N4 Billion Before Becoming Governor / Breaking News :Army Confirms Rescue Of Another Chibok Girl - Premium Times / Police Was Pre-informed About Biafran 30th May Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.