Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos (33721 Views)

Odunlade Adekola Looking At Biodun Okeowo's Cleavage (Photos) / Wizkid’s 8-month Old Second Son, King Ayo Balogun Looks Sharp In New Photos / Wizkid’s Handsome First Son Boluwatife Looks Sharp In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by tbliss22(m): 10:04pm On May 04, 2016
Yorubanews:

He's good where he's at. Other Nigerians should make an attempt to learn Yoruba. English Nollywood is crap, we don't want them influencing our Oga at the top.

Yoruba producers need to get better technical writers for their subtitles sha.

Hmmm what a twist!! U said that because u are a yoruba person. How many of other Nigerian languages do u understand and speak very well??

If you do, good for you but if not don't you think you are being biased?? Because the hausa and igbo brothers acts too and couple of them are good as well.

But how will you discover this?? Only when you try watch and have very good understanding with their language and so on.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by Yorubanews: 10:13pm On May 04, 2016
tbliss22:

Hmmm what a twist!! U said that because u are a yoruba person. How many of other Nigerian languages do u understand and speak very well??

If you do, good for you but if not don't you think you are being biased?? Because the hausa and igbo brothers acts too and couple of them are good as well.

But how will you discover this?? Only when you try watch and have very good understanding with their language and so on.

Yes, I said it because I'm Yoruba. Yorubas want to ensure that their language don't die, that's why we created a Yoruba language-specific movie industry.
If other Nigerian tribes want others to learn their language, then they should create an industry that makes movies in their respective language.

English Nollywood was created for all Nigerians, by all Nigerians, for all Nigerians. We even have lots of non-Yorubas making waves in Yoruba movie industry. They made an attempt to learn the lanugae so they can act in it. Therefore, those interested in Yorubas movies can either read the English subtitles (though they need work) or make an attempt to learn Yoruba. Period.

Please stop mentioning Hausa, Fulani Igbos etc. They're not my problem.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by winniz: 10:32pm On May 04, 2016
Yorubanews:

He's good where he's at. Other Nigerians should make an attempt to learn Yoruba. English Nollywood is crap, we don't want them influencing our Oga at the top.

Envy and jealousy is your problem. Even you hateful lots don't even watch those Crappy voodoo movies of una filled with illiterates and bleachers. Your Artiste don't wanna be called Yorubawood actors but Nollywood actors.
This article was written by one of your brothers

Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba Youth. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTV to the Yoruba movie of the satellite television. Rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.
https://www.nairaland.com/2668808/opinion-todays-yoruba-youths-100

How then can others watch when you lots don't even watch those craps.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by Yorubanews: 10:38pm On May 04, 2016
winniz:

Envy and jealousy is your problem. Even you hateful lots don't even watch those Crappy voodoo movies of una filled with illiterates and bleachers. Your Artiste don't wanna be called Yorubawood actors but Nollywood actors.
This article was written by one of your brothers

How then can others watch when you lots don't even watch those craps.

Envy and jealous is my problem yet you're the one getting pissed off because I called a Yoruba actor the best in NIgeria, which he is by the way. Go and kwensh.
Anybody can write an article, his words aren't verification, but Yoruba movies still make more sense than their English counterpart. You can continue to wail if you like.

1 Like

Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by ivyT(f): 10:49pm On May 04, 2016
Pray:
Oyenusi
Sunday dagboru de
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by ivyT(f): 10:50pm On May 04, 2016
winniz:

You actually meant best Yoruba actor cos I don't even know him.
eh ya
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 04, 2016
demolinka:
Best Nigerian actor presently

I. Don't understand yoruba o! But when I see this guy, I go watch am! Whether e get subtitle or not. embarassed
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by winniz: 11:54pm On May 04, 2016
[s]sugarboi52:

Stop ranting, Africa magic has series, it's you people that want to hijack Nollywood, Yoruba films had been existing long before you people came to infuse your juju and blood money films to make it appealing in your way which has made the industry so proliferated.

Read this to learn, an Igbo author wrote this;

The appearance of video films in Nigeria, plus its popularity, point to its importance as a new medium for the production, dissemination and consumption of film as a form of popular culture, with its ideology and aesthetics [Ekwueme,2002]

The idea of video films was inspired by Yoruba Travelling Theatre. The idea was later introduced by Babatunde Adelusi (Adamson) publisher of a now rested photo-play Magazine who said that the production of video films will not only save cost of production but will be a good alternative to Indian and Chinese films. This idea was later actualised by Ade Ajiboye (Big Abass) who produced SOSO MEJI, the first Nigerian Video film in 1988. It was shown publicly at Tinuade Cinema in Oworonshoki, Lagos for a token fee and it was successful. Subsequently, Alade Aromire produced EKUN in 1989 which he screened at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos. The success of the movies was an eye opener for other producers. Hence many Yoruba movie actors and enthusiasts mostly based in Meiran, a Lagos suburb sought assistance from film promoters like Kenneth Nnebue of Nek Video Link, Lagos and Sulaimon Aweda who were both important film distributors and exhibitors. Kenneth Nnebue, capitalising on the gains of the industry, decided to invest in a lot of low budget video films. Such video films include AJE NI IYA MI, IJA ELEYE, OSA ELEYE etc.

The development did not go down well with the new school of “video filmmakers” who termed his investments as peanuts. They left and organise themselves. Jide Kosoko, Adebayo Salami, Gbenga Adewusi and Alade Aromire led them, [Ekwueme, 2002:34] this regrouping resulted in the appearance of different production companies including Bayowa Films International, Aromire Films, Jide Kosoko Production and many others. Films began to be produced in large volumes and with film marketers and distributors setting up offices and distribution outlets in Idumota, Lagos, the industry took off.

Video film in Igbo language was silent until the latter part of 1992, when Kenneth Nnebue produced the first Igbo Video film in the country, LIVING IN BONDAGE which became a major hit among the Igbo audience and was also well accepted by non-Igbo speaking audience. Other Igbo video films followed, Igbo films were produced in either Igbo or English languages. Video films like TABOO I and II by Dan Oluigbo of Sage Production. JEZEBEL by Francis Agu, Amaka Igwe-Isaac’s RATTLESNAKE I and II, VIOLATED I and II and many others were produced. By the 1992, a new crop of professional filmmakers have emerged from the Eastern and other parts of the country. Virtually unknown on stage before their début into the Nigerian film industry most of them have produced or acted in serials for television notably Zeb Ejiro, Kenneth Okonkwo and Amaka Igwe-Isaac. With the massive entry of Igbo and English video films, the producers of Yoruba video films who had hitherto monopolised the business faced a though competition and as a result a vibrant industry was created. [/s]

Quit posting trash with your imaginary Igbo Author. it's no one's fault you lots couldn't grow una Yorubawood industry after so many decades hence the need to attach to Nollywood. How can we even Hijack our own Industry undecided same Nollywood industry we pioneered.

This is also from Ramsey Nouah

It's been 23 years since living in Bondage kick started Nollywood, and the 1992 game changer is set for a massive reboot.

Entertainment/business mogul Charles Okpaleke of play Entertainment Network and award-winning Nollywood star, Ramsey Nouah, are collaborating to remake Kenneth Nnebue's 1992 classic.

Speaking on the Project, Ramsey says, there is no way you will mention Nollywood without talking about living in Bondage. It was the kick-starter for the Industry I work in today.
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/10/ramsey-nouah-and-charles-okpaleke-join.html?m=1

So WTF are you saying undecided
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by mapet: 12:08am On May 05, 2016
Yorubanews:

That part is even more comical than the film itself
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by Saheed88(m): 12:15am On May 05, 2016
Cause trouble fo anybody loju toba gbemu sunday dagboru. Yeba Mr show logo.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by demolinka(m): 1:10am On May 05, 2016
tchidi:

I. Don't understand yoruba o! But when I see this guy, I go watch am! Whether e get subtitle or not. embarassed
Correct! Your head dey dia!!
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by tunbebes(f): 5:30am On May 05, 2016
This guy did justice to the movie DR OYENUSI, Oyenusi was a notorious and arrogant
armed robber in the 70's.

I don't know why you guys are calling yoruba actors yorubawood or yollywood, some of them are doing well in the industry and they are well known. Some of the English movies are a disgrace to nollywood sef,they make no sense.

This guy is good and he is well known.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by moonnstar(f): 5:41am On May 05, 2016
I love tall men
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by oketoyinboshola(m): 9:35am On May 05, 2016
Ve watched many home video(nollywood), both Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa..... I can say with all authority, that Odunlade Adekola is the best Nigerian actor presently..... If you agree type yeah..
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by selfdefence: 4:00pm On May 11, 2016
moonnstar:
I love tall men

I'm not short o.. I'm tall...
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by moonnstar(f): 4:24pm On May 11, 2016
selfdefence:

I'm not short o.. I'm tall...
are u sure?
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by selfdefence: 9:55pm On May 11, 2016
moonnstar:
are u sure?

Yes I'm sure.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by moonnstar(f): 6:32am On May 12, 2016
selfdefence:

Yes I'm sure.
oya now,show me ur pix
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by selfdefence: 12:56am On May 17, 2016
moonnstar:
are u sure?

yes I am very sure.
Re: Odunlade Adekola Looking All Sharp In New Photos by moonnstar(f): 4:20am On May 17, 2016
selfdefence:

yes I am very sure.
ok ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coco Ice: I Left My Ex Because He Beat Me - She Says After Mercy Aigbe Interview / Omawumi Gets A Cartier Wristwatch As 37th Birthday Gift From Husband / Peter Okoye Steps Out From His Range Rover In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.