Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

A True Confession/repentance. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A True Confession/repentance. (631 Views)

Tinubu Is Misunderstood: (true Confession) Am Beginning To Like The Man / It is well / Face To Face With Boko Haram A True Confession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A True Confession/repentance. by 1luvkipsus: 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2009
Before this day, I hated the Yorubas like Hitler hated the Jews, and I had wished that a genocide or holocaust be carried against them. I wanted them to be taken to concentration camps and destroyed; Because I hated them so much. It was a hatred that I developed from Ibadan where I did my NYSC in 2005/2006 due to percieved injustices done to me by the pople. The impression they gave me was a people who don't care about any other person; a people who take tribalism to the peak; a people who never mind their businesses but gossip at the slightest opportunity; a people ,
But today, I want to be freed from this enslavement of hatred. I want to forgive them for all the wrongs I believed they did against me. I want to start loving them like I will love myself. It was the English Philosopher that said, " I do not know the means for drawing up the indictment of an entire nation". I can not indict the Yoruba nation just because a few of them have wronged me. No! there is no collective guilt. I make this confession public because I have written and said so much against the Yorubas, and I am saying, 'I'm sorry'.
But to the few ones who are staunch tribalists, I say, change. Lets love and care for one another, afterall, no one lives forever. And to those who gossip, I say, always mind your business. Whatsoever you can not say to someone's face is not worth saying.
But then, its no longer my business!!.
I am completely free!!!! Free at last!!!!!
Cheers.
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by Gekko(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
In the words of Rodney King " Cant we all just get along" smiley
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by Yorubaman2: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
@poster

u r a big time loser
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by Beaf: 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
It was a hatred that I developed from Ibadan where I did my NYSC in 2005/2006 due to percieved injustices done to me by the pople. The impression they gave me was a people who don't care about any other person; a people who take tribalism to the peak; a people who never mind their businesses but gossip at the slightest opportunity; a people , 

You are using heavy words so cut out the sentimentalist crap. What happened to you in Ibadan and how does Ibadan represent Yorubaland.
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
hahahahahahahaha
All i can do is laff and laff the more
Cos of what some group of pple did to u, u now hate 50 Million people?
You are truly free at last, cos u needed to forgive even yourself
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by mamagee6(f): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2009
Not even possible.
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
,mama-gee:

Not even possible.

what is not possible?
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by sleekp1: 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hahahahahahahaha
All i can do is laff and laff the more
Cos of what some group of pple did to u, u now hate 50 Million people?
You are truly free at last, cos u needed to forgive even yourself

Am not surprised at the poster because most people in the south hate millions of Hausa's because of the greed of the northern oligarchy.
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by tpiah2: 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2009
poster

whatever the reason for your hatred, posting on an internet forum is of little use.

As you say you unhate today, you can still rehate tomorrow.

So forgive yourself first, instead of before forgiving others.

na today nairalanders dey type?
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by ikeyman00(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2009
^^^^^

and who is mr tpia

@@@ poster
get lost

thread closEd!
Re: A True Confession/repentance. by Kobojunkie: 3:21am On Aug 12, 2009
@poster, grow up!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Government Purported Fuel Subsidy To End Soon / Lets Privatise Nigeria And Governance / Whats D Way Forward In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.