|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,694,955 members, 6,351,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 June 2021 at 03:44 AM
|The Beauty Of Tigernut by precisionindepth: 4:48pm On May 04, 2016|
Many people consume Tiger nut without knowing anything about the health benefits they derive from it. Some will say 'why do I need to know?' You do need to know because it gives you the opportunity to critically analyse what you feed your body with and check if the benefits are what your body really needs.
Tiger nut often called 'Aya' by the Hausas, 'imumu' by the yoruba, 'Aki awusa' by the Igbos, 'Chufa' in ghana, botanically 'Cyperus esculentus var. sativa' is a small tuber about a pea-size and in addition to its look, its hard texture and a taste like coconut, it is often referred to as nuts.
Tiger nuts contains a lot of amazing antioxidants from minerals such as phosphorous and potassium to vitamins E and C, in addition to the very high fibre content in it thus making it quite beneficial to diabetics and serving as a good protection from colon cancer. It also contains a very high content of oleic acid making it very heart-friendly thus preventing heart attacks and thrombosis (blood clots).
The very high fibre content in addition to it delicious sweet taste and colour makes tiger nuts ideal for healthy eating and a perfect replacement for confectionaries. This nutty low-calorie snack is ideal for people on a weight loss diet.
Therefore consider adding tiger nuts to your list of snacks, look at tiger nuts in a new light when next you pass by a street tiger nut vendor and remember all these unique characteristics it possesses
1. The fiber content of tiger nut is higher than other often-suggested sources of fiber, such as oat bran, rice bran, peaches, cabbage, pears, apple, carrots, jack beans and chia seeds. This quality makes it great for weight loss.
2. Tiger nut is highly nutritious. If you have one time eaten tiger nuts, you can surely attest to this.
3. Tiger nuts aids digestion
4. Tiger nut milk also called (Horchata de Chufas) is particularly good for people suffering from lactose intolerance.Tiger nuts do not contain lactose meaning people with lactose intolerance can also eat or drink the milk from this nut. It is also high in calcium, which the Office of Dietary Supplements of the National Institute of Health defines as a bone building and growth supporting mineral.Drinking the juice without sugar is a particular value in constipation.
Let's prepare some Tiger-Nut milk in 5 minutes after 1 day soaking in water
Buy a desired amount of dried or fresh tiger nut, 1 liter of water and any citrus fruit; properly clean the nuts, remove the spoilt nuts and dirty objects.
Wash tiger nuts and soak for 24 hours just like the way sorghum is soaked for preparing Kunu, change the water 2-3 times to avoid smelling, drain well and blend in your blender.
Blend it with any citrus fruit of your choice preferably lemon, add half of the water and allow to stand for 20 minutes - sieve twice, bottle and serve cold. you can add blackstrap molasses
5. Tiger nuts can help control your blood pressure. Tiger nuts are high in amino acids most especially arginine. like Viagra,for both men and women, it increases blood flow to all areas of the body.
6. Tiger nuts are also useful for breast-feeding mothers. For enough breast milk production, nursing mothers should eat enough tiger nuts. It helps produce more breast milk, and delivers all the nutritional benefits to help baby grow strong and healthy and in one step, reducing the scorge of malnutrition.
Do you need more energy, want to keep the tummy down, need a great colon cleanser, needs a system detoxifier, reduce your chances of getting prostate cancer for men? why not try Tiger nuts!
#always #GoPreventive #Dontwaitforcurative #StayHealthy #StayAlive
|Re: The Beauty Of Tigernut by Sponsored: 11:28am On Mar 04, 2019|
We are suppliers of Tigernut and Dabino (Dates). Our prices are affordable and attractive, for export, local market or personal use.
We do nationwide delivery
Location: Lagos State
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44