Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,251 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

"I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio (13138 Views)

Ziyaatulhaqq Usman Tahir Contesting For Bauchi South Senatorial Seat 2019 / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Kennitrust(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2016
y?
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Yksoul(m): 11:03pm On May 04, 2016
YAM EATER FOR PRESIDENT! WHERE IS OUR MONEY? GOD FORBID
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Youngpo413: 11:04pm On May 04, 2016
You will live long, that's my prayer for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by wiseone28: 11:06pm On May 04, 2016
I'm here to read comments from our oga from the north pole
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by omenka(m): 11:17pm On May 04, 2016
Yorubanews:
Abeg who ask am?
Maybe the jobless yoots that licked his balls in front of the bank did.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 04, 2016
Those familiar with history and the devilish ways of politicians can read between the lines. He's signaled his interest.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 04, 2016
bejeiodus:
Akpabio will make a good vice presidential candidate. His performance in Akwa-Ibom is nationally acknowledged. I wish he could be the running mate to either Kwankwaso or Atiku if the PDP could lure one of them back to the party. That joint ticket would retire Buhari back to Daura. But the PDP needs to be fair to the Ibos, who have been stoically loyal to the party.
The PDP also zoned their VP slot to the South-east.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by udy4real(m): 11:55pm On May 04, 2016
taiosino:
Keep dreaming! You are stuck with APC for 8 years, I'll see where your Atiku or kwankwaso will pass to win, if una no like, you can go to Biafra, or die!

Don't u see ur head,it looks like d size of d brain,sorry spaghetti inside it. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by bayinq25(m): 11:59pm On May 04, 2016
stephanie11:
Former Governor of Akwa-Ibom state and current senate minority representing Akwa Ibom North West, Godswill Akpabio has denied reports that he intends to contest for the presidency in 2019.

In a statement made available to us via his media aide, Anietie Ekong, the politician also distanced himself from a poster spreading around social media requesting that Nigerians vote for him in 2019.

The statement read;

"We wish to state categorically that Senator Akpabio has no ambition of contesting for the Presidency in 2019 and is not behind such campaigns. It is the handiwork of mischief makers,” said the statement which was released on Wednesday.

It is instructive that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which he belongs to has zoned the Presidency to the North by 2019. The South-South has had its shot at the Presidency through Dr Goodluck Jonathan who handed over to President Muhammadu Buhari barely one year ago.

It is politically impracticable in the present Nigeria to expect another South-South man to aspire to succeed President Buhari."

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/not-running-president-godswill-akpabio/

contest and let ogun punish you...APC=PDP.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by snochk: 11:59pm On May 04, 2016
Ok,we have heard. Please confirm your phone number as publish by SAHARA REPORTERS. I have some very juicy business we can do

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 12:19am On May 05, 2016
These are only propagandic vituperance from nay headed homo sapiens with very close genetic resemblance to the homo habilis
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 12:41am On May 05, 2016
CFCman:

The PDP also zoned their VP slot to the South-east.
I know they did, and that effectively rules him out. Ekweremadu, Peter Obi, and Ken Nnmani are the viable candidates from that region.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by preciousMI1(f): 1:52am On May 05, 2016
that one dey.
we've marked your name and face, if we catch ur poster we will remind u of ur statement...
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by hresso: 1:53am On May 05, 2016
Why not
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by longayink: 2:08am On May 05, 2016
Mtchewwwww. Bad news. A country where mediocrity, NEVER MERIT rules.

A country where even a roadside mechanic secondary school drop-out from the north can easily win an astute politician professor of political science from the south of Nigeria; thanks to a lopsided political structure created by military generals from northern Nigeria by wrong use of land mass as criterion.

Since 1960 till today, northern Nigeria has ruled Nigeria for 39 of the country's fifty-five years of independence.

The sufferings in one Nigeria increase; but what had a beginning must one day have an end. If they like, let them zone the presidency to the north for the next 30 years.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by askari01: 2:25am On May 05, 2016
Come and contest nah make I see
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by agarawu23(m): 2:50am On May 05, 2016
We don hear
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by texazzpete(m): 6:08am On May 05, 2016
PDP has zero hope in 2019. Zero.

I can just see their campaign slogan. "Vote us and let us attempt to do what we failed to do in 16 years"
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by longayink: 6:19am On May 05, 2016
texazzpete:

I can just see their campaign slogan. "Vote us and let us attempt to do what we failed to do in 16 years"

North is tricking these southern PDP people to start counting who has ruled Nigeria since return to democracy in 1999 - not since 1960.

Yes, with zoning the presidency to the north, PDP cannot win the presidency in 2019.

North has ruled Nigeria in 36 out of the country's 55 years of independence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by ussy09(m): 6:23am On May 05, 2016
ckmayoca:
Even if he doesn't have opponent from apc, Akpabio can never win.
lol so u mean he can't beat hop n kowa parties
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by hmuhammad(m): 6:44am On May 05, 2016
bejeiodus:
Akpabio will make a good vice presidential candidate. His performance in Akwa-Ibom is nationally acknowledged. I wish he could be the running mate to either Kwankwaso or Atiku if the PDP could lure one of them back to the party. That joint ticket would retire Buhari back to Daura. But the PDP needs to be fair to the Ibos, who have been stoically loyal to the party.
i'll continue saying this, no northern candidate can poll 2 million votes against PMB. He'll govern Nigeria till 2023
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by hmuhammad(m): 6:47am On May 05, 2016
longayink:

North is tricking these southern PDP people to start counting who has ruled Nigeria since return to democracy in 1999 - not since 1960.

Yes, with zoning the presidency to the north, PDP cannot win the presidency in 2019.

North has ruled Nigeria in 36 out of the country's 55 years of independence.

tell akpabio to contest, he won't even smell 500 thousand votes from the north. I am very sure of 15 million votes for PMB from north alone
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by hmuhammad(m): 6:48am On May 05, 2016
texazzpete:

tell them brother, Nigerians have rejected PDP
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by ckmayoca: 6:54am On May 05, 2016
ussy09:

lol so u mean he can't beat hop n kowa parties

I tell u my brother.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by bashydemy(m): 6:56am On May 05, 2016
bejeiodus:
Sorry bro you got it all wrong, No northerner can match the popularity of PMB in the North for now and South West is in the bag already.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 7:00am On May 05, 2016
hmuhammad:
i'll continue saying this, no northern candidate can poll 2 million votes against PMB. He'll govern Nigeria till 2023
Everyone knows it will be difficult to defeat Buhari in the North. He has the hearts of Northerners. But Kwankwaso and Atiku are not small fries in the north either. I find it quite laughable the way Buhari supporters venerate his invulnerability in the North. No politician has votes safely banked somewhere. They all have to go to on a campaign trail to convince the people. 2019 is still three years away, a lot is going to happen before then. But take this from me---Buhari's lacklustre performance may be his Achilles's heel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Subway1011: 7:42am On May 05, 2016
freshdude99:

Another yeruba troll spotted. Drinking Panadol for another man's headache. You people eeh tufiakwa

Your own life is messed up that you see yoruba in your dreams. Eno go better for person wey curse and ruin your life like this o. Smh
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by hmuhammad(m): 8:26am On May 05, 2016
bejeiodus:
Everyone knows it will be difficult to defeat Buhari in the North. He has the hearts of Northerners. But Kwankwaso and Atiku are not small fries in the north either. I find it quite laughable the way Buhari supporters venerate his invulnerability in the North. No politician has votes safely banked somewhere. They all have to go to on a campaign trail to convince the people. 2019 is still three years away, a lot is going to happen before then. But take this from me---Buhari's lacklustre performance may be his Achilles's heel.
PMB will defeat these two people even in their poling units, shekarau politically killed his career for contesting against buhari. Same as atiku, kwankwaso shouldn't even contest now if he doesn't want to go down like shekarau
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Pavarottii(m): 8:32am On May 05, 2016
bejeiodus:
I like ur analysis, but atiku and kwankaso are not options. Wen we av other bright northerners who are loyal, those two can never be trusted after wat they did to GEJ, they didn't stand their grounds like the dakwambos, sule lamidos, shekaraus, ribadus, gulaks etc.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 10:30am On May 05, 2016
Pavarottii:

I like ur analysis, but atiku and kwankaso are not options. Wen we av other bright northerners who are loyal, those two can never be trusted after wat they did to GEJ, they didn't stand their grounds like the dakwambos, sule lamidos, shekaraus, ribadus, gulaks etc.
Atiku and Kwankwaso left the PDP because of perceived injustice. The leadership of the PDP has admitted to failing to abide by its zoning formula. This was the chief reason why Atiku and Kwankwaso left. Now that the injustice has been redressed with the zoning of the presidential ticket to the North, propitiatory steps must be taken to bring them back to the party....The northern politicians you mentioned stands no chance against Buhari.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Udofire(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2016
Politicians with their lies. Who you dey deceive. No be today yanch just dey back and no be today we don dey see aboki carry bow and arrow, e don tey.
For 2011, Oga buhari wey we believe say na holyholy talk pas you, who come be you wey i go cum beleive.
Re: "I Am Not Contesting For Presidency In 2019" - Godswill Akpabio by Appareil(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2016
wayne4loan:
Good, cuz everybody knows u stand no chance to win the presidential election
SIMPLY READ PASTOR MATHEW ASHIMOLOW'S PROPHECY FOR 2014 AND PRAY TOWARD THAT NOT CARING WHO( SOUTH OR NORTH) BECAUSE GOD HAS ORDAINED IT.. NIGERIA BROUGHT THE GOSPEL TO OTHER AFRICAN NATIONS SERIOUSLY BUT THEY DON'T HONOUR THE WORDS OF THEIR PROPHETS . NIGERIA YOU ARE ON TRAINING GROUND - WILDERNESS RIGHT NOW BUT THE FUTURE IS VERY BRIGHT!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Araraume Drags Ihedioha, PDP To Tribunal / Mahmood Yakubu: INEC May Use Electronic Voting For Anambra Election Next Year / Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.