Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,785 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? (1951 Views)

"You Can't Stop Nnamdi Kanu From Holding A Rally In Lagos" - FFK / Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 04, 2016
NDI-IGBO. WHAT'S HOLDING US DOWN TODAY?

By Amb. Adichie, Alfredo Izuchukwu (Alfred 5)

A lot has been said of Igbo Nation of today.

The rise of the Igbo in Nigeria affairs was due to the self-confidence engendered by their open society and their belief that one man is as good as another, that no condition is permanent.

The Igbos are known for their inter group and corporate consciousness as a people, and has been the most ardent champions of Nigeria Unity, but ironically, had to sponsor secession. The primary consequence of rebellion for Igbo's is that, with its eventual failure after a thirty-months Civil war, we have, like a conquered people which of course we are, been reduced almost to the status of second class citizen in our own country.

This is the bitter truth of our present position in Nigeria today.

HAVE WE CARED TO READ THIS?

THE MILITARY IN NIGERIA POLITICS.

'Within six years of tragic colonial manipulation Nigeria was a cesspool of corruption and misrule. Public servants helped themselves freely to the nation's wealth. Elections were blatantly rigged. The subsequent national census was outrageously stage managed, judges and magistrates were manipulated by the politicians in power. The politicians themselves were pawn of foreign business interests.'...... Chinua Achebe; PG 51, There Was A Country.

Military coups in Nigeria

A military coup is the violent or non-violent overthrow of an existing political regime. Between 1966 and 1999 the army held power almost uninterrupted, apart from a short-lived return to democracy between 1979-1983. “Military coups and military rule which began as an emergency aberration became a seemingly permanent feature of Nigerian politics.

THAT JANUARY 1966 IGBO MILITARY COUP.

The January 15, 1966 coup was carried out by mostly Igbo army officers including Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna among others. The casualties of the coup included the Prime Minister Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, the Sardauna of Sokoto SirAhmadu Bello, the Premier of the Western Region Samuel Akintola, the finance minister Festus Okotie-Eboh among others, no prominent Igbo was assassinated. Seriously?

And we think there won't be after effect?

In a country in which tribalism was endemic, as rumour of an "Igbo coup" began to find acceptance. The 1966 jubilation was a mistake.

THE REVENGE: THE KANO POGROM OF MAY - SEPTEMBER, 1966.

1966 anti-Igbo pogrom

The 1966 anti-Igbo pogrom was a series of massacres directed at Igbo and other people of southern Nigerian origin living in northern Nigeria starting in May 1966 and reaching a peak after 29 September 1966. During this period 30,000-50,000 Igbo civilians were murdered throughout northern Nigeria by Hausa-Fulani soldiers and civilians who sought revenge for the 1966 Nigerian coup d'etat, carried out by 6 Igbo Majors and 3 Igbo captains and resulted in the deaths of 11 Nigerian politicians and army officers. These events led to the secession of the eastern Nigerian region and the declaration of the Republic of Biafra, which ultimately led to the Nigeria-Biafra war. The 1966 massacres of southern Nigerians have been described as a holocaust and have variously been described as riots, pogroms genocide.

THE FATHER OF IT ALL.

The pogroms led to the mass movement of Igbo and other Eastern Nigerians back to Eastern Nigeria. It also was the precursor to Late Ojukwu's declaration of Eastern Nigeria's secession from the federation as the Republic of Biafra, and the resulting Nigerian Civil War(1967–1970).

CIVIL WAR IN SUMMARY.

In a country in which tribalism was endemic, as rumour of an "Igbo coup" began to find acceptance. The 1966 jubilation was a mistake.

Killing Sir Ahmadu Bello, and other prominent Nigerians without any Igbo prominent men involved did put Nzeogwu and co on a collision course with Ethnicity, religious and political ramifications of such an action, something they had clearly not thought through sufficiently.

The ascension and descension of Late Aguiyi Ironsi won't be a discussion.

OJUKWU VS GOWN PERSONALITY CLASH.

The personality clash between Ojukwu and Gowon was the major cause of Civil war. While Ojukwu was claiming the seniority, Gowon was chosen based on intelligent and humility. Gowon child of destiny as was described by my foreign policy lecturer Dr F.C.Okafor.

'There were total absent of any concrete plan to address the violent throughout the Federation. There were angers, there were tensions. The agitation for Independent in the Eastern part became louder and the threat from Federal government became more ominous in a vicious circle.....' China Achebe PG 85, There Was A Country.

Aburi Accord of January 5, 1967 was reached, but one thing got me mute... How could Late Ojukwu include a request for us not to recognise General Gowon as as a Supreme Commander?

I told you that those massacred during the war were the end product of IGBO MAN'S EGO AND CHEST BEATING.

Though Confederation should have been better if both parties did understood the principle of Confederation far back then , but the issue of non-recognising Gowon as a Leader remains No!! No!! No!!

All efforts and attempts to make peace were void and null due to personality class between the dou.

I learnt that when a leader of a nation wants to go to war, he should involve and consult his people.

Did Ojukwu consulted with Late Nnamdi Azikiwe and Micheal Okpara, the premier Eastern Region? No. He did not. That's how not to lead. You must invite your people and you must carry them along.

OJUKWU'S IGNORANCE LED NDI IGBO INTO TROUBLE.

The failure of Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu to consult his elders before embarking onghis war lead us into trouble. Small, but mighty as Is real, we fought a thirty-months war. Gallantly with little foreign assistance, with home made arms and ammunition. Over 5 million lives were lost. Properties were destroyed.

It was truly 1966 January Revenge!!

It was truly personality clash between Ojukwu and Gowon.

There has been debates over the decades since about why Ojukwu left his soldiers and ran away to take Asylum in Ivory Coast. Why not doe with Biafran soldiers he sent to the war front?

Ojukwu, our resistance leader was so wronged to ran away.

NDI IGBO TODAY AND WAY FORWARD.

This is a call on we Ndi Igbo's to re-examine ourselves, and try to correct some of our defects and our short comings in the character and manner of our behaviour particularly as they affect our relations with the Nigerians. The Ignos need Nigeria just as Nigeria needs us. We need Nigeria for the wide scope it afford for our boundless industry, resourcesfullness and competitive energy.

We should do away with the bitterness of this war we lost.

My Take and Advice....

If we need to break up, if we truly need Biafra, all these agitation won't be a guarantee, the only guarantee we have is to advise our Federal Representatives to help make laws that would see for reshaping of our constitution that will help provide means for National Conference.

Hope we all read a communique issued by Ijaw Elders last week?

Amb Adichie, Alfredo Izuchukwu

Writes from Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by laviecontinue: 9:56pm On May 04, 2016
This is just the truth. Though its kind of sad cry cry may God open our eyes to see the truth cry and may we all be save from bad leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 10:01pm On May 04, 2016
Biased report:
I may not know this writer but i think his write up is too biased. He clearly painted Igbos as villan here. So technically you are telling us that the the indiscrimate killing of civilians was the best response from a military?
You made a blanket comment of Ojukwu declaring Secession of Eastern region... There must be something missing which you technically ignored.

You clearly did not state how and why abori accord came to place
I guess Ojukwu ego was also involved when there was break down of law within the rank and file of the military?
Ojukwu ego also made sure there were peaceful exit of northern soldiers from the the then eastern region.
Ojukwu ego also was what made the your all diplomatic Gowon to ignore the accord or seek other diplomatic options is he feels not satisfied...
Guess Ojukwu ego was also what caused Nigeria to break the Abori accord, i made the first shoot.
I hate when people write biased document about events just because the can put up things on paper especially on a very sensitive matter like this. MR amb. Pls go take another class on your civil war history and this time don't just go there this biased.

7 Likes

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 10:10pm On May 04, 2016
Pls i call on any igbo that must comment here to shone any form of insult or name calling what so ever. Pls present your views objectively.
@alfred5 are you the author of this article? If yes, pls tell us more about this your Igbo coup.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 10:19pm On May 04, 2016
laviecontinue:
This is just the truth. Though its kind of sad cry cry may God open our eyes to see the truth cry and may we all be save from bad leaders.
really? Hmmm was what he wrote how really happened? Just ask yourself how a whole tribe/region will slide to war just because of ojukwu or any man's ego. The author is well aware that people have little or no knowledge of what happened that is why he made so much blanket statements. Ask him questions not just saying it is true.

3 Likes

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 7:05am On May 05, 2016
Igbo involvements...
*1966 coup was carried out by junior officiers, lead by mostly Igbo stock (4 igbo majors and 1 yoruba major). Nzeogwu actually led a group of mostly northern soldiers to coup. Clearly the grieviances here is that no Igbo high profile politician died in the coup.
*Major general Johnson-Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-ironsi stopped the coup in lagos and was against the coup.
*lt-colonel chukwuemeka stopped the coup in the north and was against the coup also.
* All the coup plotters were arrested except Ifeajuna.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2016
Why Ironsi seized power
*There was ensuing chaos following the january 15 1966 military coup due to the ethnic colouration.
* With President Nnamdi Azikiwe lost of intervention in turn hampering civilian rule, ironsi had little or no choice than to take over power from senate president Nwafor Orizu who was the acting president in the absence of Azikiwe who was on official
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by ceaz4r(m): 8:40am On May 05, 2016
Some people just wake up andspew trash.
Mr Amb if you're a diplomat and this is how much you know as to what led to the civil war, then it puts a question mark to your status. By your name, it suggest you're Igbo, so its even more annoying that you know little of what made you're people fight.

From what you just wrote, you mean Ojukwu unilaterally declared independence of a nation? With out discussions & consultations with high ranking military officers like himself & civilians alike?
Oga, please go back and complete your history class. Your information is maligned and biased.

If you truly want to know what happened and what led to the war, I believe there are still some people who were at the center of the happenings then privy to privileged information that are still alive. Seek them out and ask them. Ask them not their opinions 'cos our opinions differ, but ask them to state the facts as it were. The consultations and mandate that led to that Ahiara declaration.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2016
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 9:19am On May 05, 2016
alfred5 you opinion is highly needed here. We will want you to take us on a lecture on 1966 coup

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by PRXPERT: 9:25am On May 05, 2016
And this is what unshakle no brainers are parading! antagonising Mr obiano from left and right! what kind of stupid people do we have in Alaigbo? eeeh! God when will you sieve out these brainless pathetic low lives?
Alfred you and your co-travellers will meet their waterloo very soon!!
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:
Pls i call on any igbo that must comment here to shone any form of insult or name calling what so ever. Pls present your views objectively.
@alfred5 are you the author of this article? If yes, pls tell us more about this your Igbo coup.

I am the author of this article.

Check it on my Facebook.

Amb Adichie Izuchukwu.

There's nothing more to tl us here about our Igbo coup.

I studied Political Science. I was able to take a lecture on Nigeria Military and Politics in my final year. There, Military involvement was highly discussed.

Thank you!
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 05, 2016
PRXPERT:
And this is what unshakle no brainers are parading! antagonising Mr obiano from left and right! what kind of stupid people do we have in Alaigbo? eeeh! God when will you sieve out these brainless pathetic low lives?
Alfred you and your co-travellers will meet their waterloo very soon!!

Hehehe, do i look like I'm your type?

If you are ready for academic discus, then man up!

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 05, 2016
ceaz4r:
Some people just wake up andspew trash.
Mr Amb if you're a diplomat and this is how much you know as to what led to the civil war, then it puts a question mark to your status. By your name, it suggest you're Igbo, so its even more annoying that you know little of what made you're people fight.

From what you just wrote, you mean Ojukwu unilaterally declared independence of a nation? With out discussions & consultations with high ranking military officers like himself & civilians alike?
Oga, please go back and complete your history class. Your information is maligned and biased.

If you truly want to know what happened and what led to the war, I believe there are still some people who were at the center of the happenings then privy to privileged information that are still alive. Seek them out and ask them. Ask them not their opinions 'cos our opinions differ, but ask them to state the facts as it were. The consultations and mandate that led to that Ahiara declaration.

I won't go into unnecessary argument with you. Page 216 of There Was A Country By Chinua Achebe would help you better.

Let me not mention, In Biafra, Africa Died. Etc.

Thank you!
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:
alfred5 you opinion is highly needed here. We will want you to take us on a lecture on 1966 coup

Thank you!

Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu's Coup might mean well for Nigeria as of then, but the murdered were mainly oprominents men's of other tribe.

No Igbo prominent men was assassinatrd. Zik, Mbadiwe etc were all alive and kicking. Igbo's at Kano and other parts of the north went on to celebrate the killings, that lead to Pogrom of 1966, subsequently lead to Civil War.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:
really? Hmmm was what he wrote how really happened? Just ask yourself how a whole tribe/region will slide to war just because of ojukwu or any man's ego. The author is well aware that people have little or no knowledge of what happened that is why he made so much blanket statements. Ask him questions not just saying it is true.

Ask me questions.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 05, 2016
What's holding Ndigbo down is the 'pull him down' syndrome. The it's me or the highway syndrome; the lack of commitment to strategic moves- until it is too late.

Having said that, it is not too late to change. Ndigbo siri na mgbe onye ji tete ula, nya b ututu ya.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2016
alfred5:

Check it on my Facebook.

Amb Adichie Izuchukwu.

I studied Political Science. I was able to take a lecture on Nigeria Military and Politics in my final year. There, Military involvement was highly discussed.

Thank you!
You read political science clearly has nothing to do with your biases. I have read, discussed and studied some books on biafra war and i found out there are too many inconsistence in most of the stories especially on this 1966 coup... As an political analyst you should know that january 15,1966 coup was not the cause of the war but just mere event that lead to some misinterpretation of the nationalist effort...
alfred5:

Thank you!

Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu's Coup might mean well for Nigeria as of then, but the murdered were mainly oprominents men's of other tribe.

No Igbo prominent men was assassinatrd. Zik, Mbadiwe etc were all alive and kicking. Igbo's at Kano and other parts of the north went on to celebrate the killings, that lead to Pogrom of 1966, subsequently lead to Civil War.
Before i will write anything let me show you a cut of late major C. K. Nzeogwu's speech on January 16, 1966.
" We seized power to stamp out tribalism, nepotism and regionalism...there were five of us in the inner circles and we planned the details. On saturday morning the officers and men thought they were going out only on a night exercise. I was not until they were out in the bush that they were told the full details of the plan. They had bullets, they had been issued with their weapons but i was unarmed. If they disagreed they could have shot me..."
clearly it shows that the coup wasn't done by one ethnic group but was lead by mostly igbo as out of the five inner circle 4 was igbo and 1 yoruba.(do not forget the soldier lead for the coup were mostly northerns).
... January coup was given different interpretations, at first everyone had it as nationalist effort Not until BBC hausa gave it its ethnic terms. It did not see it as bid to clean govt but as an Ibo power play to smash the northern grip on the country...
There was a media hype on Igbo activities, the north elites used the media effectively to smear the image of Igbo's. |
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 9:42pm On May 05, 2016
@alfred5 this mis interpretations and the hype of negative events pertaining to Igbo lead to the counter coup and killing of igbos and other southerns in the north.
Ironsi was killed on July 29, 1966. But the war was actual spurned by these two factors,
*the incessant killing of Igbo in Northern Nigeria
*the refusal of the then military head General Gowon to mobilize security personnel to stop the killings. You see the coup wasn't exactly what lead to war.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by gidgiddy: 9:59pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:
Biased report:
I may not know this writer but i think his write up is too biased. He clearly painted Igbos as villan here. So technically you are telling us that the the indiscrimate killing of civilians was the best response from a military?
You made a blanket comment of Ojukwu declaring Secession of Eastern region... There must be something missing which you technically ignored.

You clearly did not state how and why abori accord came to place
I guess Ojukwu ego was also involved when there was break down of law within the rank and file of the military?
Ojukwu ego also made sure there were peaceful exit of northern soldiers from the the then eastern region.
Ojukwu ego also was what made the your all diplomatic Gowon to ignore the accord or seek other diplomatic options is he feels not satisfied...
Guess Ojukwu ego was also what caused Nigeria to break the Abori accord, i made the first shoot.
I hate when people write biased document about events just because the can put up things on paper especially on a very sensitive matter like this. MR amb. Pls go take another class on your civil war history and this time don't just go there this biased.

Forget the so called Ambassador Izuchukwu. I won't be surprised if it's a Yoruba man masquerading as an Igbo man. Only an ignoramus will say that 30,000 deserve to be killed over the actions of a few Igbo officers. Only an ignoramus will say that Ojukwu went to war when it was Gowon who came down to the east to fight. Only a complete fool will say that Ojukwu did not consult the people before he declared Biafra when it was the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum that mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra. He didn't even mention that Ojukwu went to to Aburi and signed an agreement with Gowon to have peace but Gowon broke the agreement. People just twist history to justify the joke called 'one Nigeria'

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2016
gidgiddy:

Forget the so called Ambassador Izuchukwu. I won't be surprised if it's a Yoruba man masquerading as an Igbo man. Only an ignoramus will say that 30,000 deserve to be killed over the actions of a few Igbo officers. Only an ignoramus will say that Ojukwu went to war when it was Gowon who came down to the east to fight. Only a complete fool will say that Ojukwu did not consult the people before he declared Biafra when it was the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum that mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra. He didn't even mention that Ojukwu went to to Aburi and signed an agreement with Gowon to have peace but Gowon broke the agreement. People just twist history to justify the joke called 'one Nigeria'
You made a great point... Gowon once said recently that ojukwu said what was contrary to the accord that was why the war broke out... I was like how will a sensible man make such comment, was it that there was no other way he could air his view. I think amb. Is also having this warp mind set. Though i don't believe he is Igbo.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by gidgiddy: 10:09pm On May 05, 2016
alfred5:

Check it on my Facebook.

Amb Adichie Izuchukwu.

Thank you!

What about Captain Oyewole, Captain Adeleke and Major Ademoyega? All of them were Yorubas who were major participants in the coup. So how can you call it an Igbo coup?
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:
You read political science clearly has nothing to do with your biases. I have read, discussed and studied some books on biafra war and i found out there are too many inconsistence in most of the stories especially on this 1966 coup... As an political analyst you should know that january 15,1966 coup was not the cause of the war but just mere event that lead to some misinterpretation of the nationalist effort...
Before i will write anything let me show you a cut of late major C. K. Nzeogwu's speech on January 16, 1966.
" We seized power to stamp out tribalism, nepotism and regionalism...there were five of us in the inner circles and we planned the details. On saturday morning the officers and men thought they were going out only on a night exercise. I was not until they were out in the bush that they were told the full details of the plan. They had bullets, they had been issued with their weapons but i was unarmed. If they disagreed they could have shot me..."
clearly it shows that the coup wasn't done by one ethnic group but was lead by mostly igbo as out of the five inner circle 4 was igbo and 1 yoruba.(do not forget the soldier lead for the coup were mostly northerns).
... January coup was given different interpretations, at first everyone had it as nationalist effort Not until BBC hausa gave it its ethnic terms. It did not see it as bid to clean govt but as an Ibo power play to smash the northern grip on the country...
There was a media hype on Igbo activities, the north elites used the media effectively to smear the image of Igbo's. |

Why did the Igbo's in the north have to celebrate the Coup?

Even Chinua Achebe captured it in his book 'There was a country'

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:

Why did the Igbo's in the north had to celebrate the Coup?

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 05, 2016
gidgiddy:

What about Captain Oyewole, Captain Adeleke and Major Ademoyega? All of them were Yorubas who were major participants in the coup. So how can you call it an Igbo coup?

Those who anchored it were my brothers'

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 05, 2016
Scholes007:
You made a great point... Gowon once said recently that ojukwu said what was contrary to the accord that was why the war broke out... I was like how will a sensible man make such comment, was it that there was no other way he could air his view. I think amb. Is also having this warp mind set. Though i don't believe he is Igbo.

I'm from Anambra State.

Go to Anambra thread, you will see me.

Check my Facebook with Amb Adichie, Izuchukwu.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2016
alfred5:

I'm from Anambra State.

Go to Anambra thread, you will see me.

Check my Facebook with Amb Adichie, Izuchukwu.
ok, nwanna uzo isi achụ ihe a, adịghị mma. Onweghi ebe ọzọ ị hụrụ ewezuga naịralandị? Ihe gbasara ọgụ biafra a bụghị ihe iche ọ bụ. Tule ihe ndia nke ọma
* ole otu osi dị gị na ndi igbo ga a puta lụwa ọgụ na-enweghi ihe kpatara ya.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Scholes007(m): 11:18pm On May 05, 2016
alfred5:

that is where you don't get it, i will not say some certain people didn't celebrating but igbo were not celebrating anything.
See There are things you don't understand about people when they take you as enemy. Take a look at nairaland: let say if an igbo dance necked at the public you will see too many derogatory statement even though 30 of theirs have done that in time past. Mind you fear of Igbo dominance didn't start after 1966 coup, it started way before that. Biko je gụọ akwụkwọ gbasara ndu ndi igbo topụ enwe ịdịpenda. Gụọ gbasara ogbugbu ndi igbo na ugwu awụsa.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Ariani: 1:09am On May 06, 2016
alfred5:

Myopic question. If the likes of you are actually an ambassador in Nigeria, then we need not to look any further to know why the country is in its current quagmire.

The whole Nigeria, not just Ndiigbo celebrated the coup initially, until some people started giving it tribal coloration, based on the ethnicity of the actors and the dead leaders.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Ariani: 1:12am On May 06, 2016
alfred5:

Myopic question. If the likes of you are actually an ambassador in Nigeria, then we need not to look any further to know why the country is in its current quagmire.

The whole Nigeria, not just Ndiigbo celebrated the coup initially, until some people started giving it tribal coloration, based on the ethnicity of the actors and the dead leaders.
It's almost like the Keshi all conquering 2013 nations coup team was tagged "Igbo national" team by Igbos haters , simply because Igbo players were in the majority, but was was later celebrated when they became victorious. I bet that if that team had failed, the tag "biaf** team" they gave it initially would have been maintained.
Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by frleopardo: 8:44am On May 06, 2016
@ op, I doubt your ethnicity but notwithstanding I will put you in good perspective. First ojukwu didn't lead igbos to war just like that. The igbos pushed him to declare biafra and when things came to war it was the people who we're itching to go to war because of the anger of their relatives killed In the north. Secondly if Ojukwu had been captured he would have been given a horrorful death and the pictures would have been used to mock the igbo nation and the biafran struggle today. Thirdly I don't know any other way u expect us to let u people know we want to have nothing to do with nigeria again. We have being killed for no reason, we have been marginalised, protested even lost lives and you are still asking if we are ready for biafra. On the issue of our federal representatives you and I know those guys only care for their pockets but the voice of the majority must count so right now we're exploring other options like calling on the UN for a referendum.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo. What's Holding Us Down Today? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 19, 2016
I'm a core Igbo breed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Take hard decisions​, heaven will not fall; Chief justice Onnoghen tell judges / Black Saturday In Owerri / Where Is Nnamdi Kanu - Yahoo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.