Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,259 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often (21796 Views)

New Tactics Lagos’ Landlords Adopt To Get House Rent From Tenants / Day Of The Bulldozers: Lagos Landlords, Tenants Rendered Homeless Same Day / Lagos Landlords/Residents Of Demolished Buildings Were Warned In March- Ayorinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Yarnvibes(f): 5:46am On May 05, 2016
Some Lagos landlord see themselves as demi-gods, formulating rules that only favour them. A lot of Nigerians spend almost all they earn on rent and food, yet some landlords are hell-bent on increase their rents monthly or yearly as the case maybe.

Tenants in Lagos go through a lot at the hands of these type of landlords and the landlords more often than not get away with their excesses because there are no stringent rules holding them accountable. For some who have experienced some of the unconventional things landlords in Lagos do, this piece by Yarnvibes would only take you down memory lane…

Lock your door with Padlock: You will be so shocked to return home from work one stressful day and find your door locked with a padlock other than the one you used in the morning before leaving and BOOM!!! it hits you in the face – your good-old-landlord came calling and just had to do something to make you feel worthless just because your rent is due in two weeks.

Leech: You would probably need a sharp tool to unplug them from your stuff. These kind of landlords can borrow anything from their tenant even up to salt. You would just be signing yourself into his trap, the day you refuse to lend him.

Hike rents: A Lagos landlord might as well be tired of seeing your face every morning and would personally decide that the best way to send you packing is to hike the rent when your rent is due and it doesn’t matter whether you’re a new tenant or not, because no one will hold him responsible, its his house afterall.

Greed: Some landlords would be right on time to collect their rents but would completely disappear when they have to fix something in the house. They expect you to pay the rent and fix something that naturally should be their responsibility.

Intrude: An apartment after being paid for, for the duration of the rent should be the tenant’s but some landlords especially those that live in the same house make it their duty to interfere in everything that concerns the tenant. They monitor every single detail that it becomes almost impossible for the tenants to breathe without being criticised.

What do you think

http://yarnvibes.com/5-abnormal-things-lagos-landlords-do-often/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Taeewo(m): 5:51am On May 05, 2016
Na so
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by derrick333(m): 6:05am On May 05, 2016
Pumping manchine wa ko da,owo ile wa Le fi wed,who dem epp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Phame: 6:10am On May 05, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Tapout(m): 6:41am On May 05, 2016

Greed: Some landlords would be right on time to collect their rents but would completely disappear when they have to fix something in the house. They expect you to pay the rent and fix something that naturally should be their responsibility

true!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by SuperSuave(m): 12:58pm On May 05, 2016
" Who you epp gan onile? You drive a Chevrolet camaro shey yen ni kamaro?" undecided grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by steppin: 12:59pm On May 05, 2016
@op,
You forgot to add... Asking for house rent when it's not yet due. My Landlord comes to mind. **in his croaked voice** "Abeg Oga, can I get some money from you"? I will deduct it from the rent. Who come send am? I be bank?

14 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by olubama: 1:00pm On May 05, 2016
Lagos landlords are devils I'm human form
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Holamide222(f): 1:00pm On May 05, 2016
Hummm
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by TrueHeart365(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2016
before you start condemning Landlords, remember you'll have your own house.

although some of these things are true, a lot of lagos landlords respect themselves and let their tenants live in peace.

untill their rent is duegrin.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 05, 2016
Well, nobody asked you not to own your place and be a landlord grin.

But 9ja landlords tho' ... They got this crazy mentality.

1 Like

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by bamac(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2016
Eko for show
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Tenim47(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2016
I just hate Lagos shikena

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Lanretoye(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2016
na for face me i slap u all these one dey happen

1 Like

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by metrosexual: 1:02pm On May 05, 2016
For me, landlords rarely mess with me.

Make yourself so enticing!

Dress nice!
Smell nice!
Sound nice!
Be polished in etiquette!
Come home like I do, my earphones in my ears, my eyes brimming with vitality and happiness!
Have only "well doing" friends come over!
If you are single and must be a playboy, do it with the bravado of someone who is good at his game!

Lastly, always wire his house rent to his bank account on time if you are renewing your rent, like 2 weeks before the due date, that's how a landlord woke me up with smiles at 7am back then because he got my payment alert by 6am from my internet banking, he was so happy and thanking me grin I became his most "loved" tenant since then cheesy

10 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Oche211(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2016
So much on point
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by chrisbaby24(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2016
Ok...but me no dey do like dat na...!!!
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by chukslawrence(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2016
K
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2016
Wot shld we say to dix one nw.... Am stil battling on aw to get masquerade employment tho

1 Like

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by joliyp(f): 1:04pm On May 05, 2016
when u bring ur bf home only for them to start sneaking
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by sonnie10: 1:05pm On May 05, 2016
If you sell things there, especially consumer goods they want to take things for you to deduct it from rent. My landlord credit don enter 2019 and he still expects me to pay the yearly rent or I pack out.

1 Like

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by abbey621(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2016
Lock your door with Padlock: No responsible landlord will padlock your door before rent is due, it's only thugs that would engage in such an act!

Leech: Again a landlord worth anything would not borrow from tenants, familiarity breeds contempt!

Hike rents: Do you know how much it costs to build a house? If the landlord increases rent then it is justified. You keep forgetting people rent out their houses to make profit not to make friends!

Greed: I'm glad you said some because if someone can struggle to gather enough money to build a house, I'm sure such a person would want to maintain it to the best of his/her abilities!

Intrude: You have every rights to your privacy but there are certain instances where a landlord can intrude. For example: smoking Indian hemp, domestic violence, filth and so on.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by olucama: 1:08pm On May 05, 2016
My landlord in ojuelegba was a cracking madman
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2016
abbey621:
Lock your door with Padlock: You will be so shocked to return home from work one stressful day and find your door locked with a padlock other than the one you used in the morning before leaving and BOOM!!! it hits you in the face – your good-old-landlord came calling and just had to do something to make you feel worthless just because your rent is due in two weeks.

Leech: You would probably need a sharp tool to unplug them from your stuff. These kind of landlords can borrow anything from their tenant even up to salt. You would just be signing yourself into his trap, the day you refuse to lend him.

Hike rents: A Lagos landlord might as well be tired of seeing your face every morning and would personally decide that the best way to send you packing is to hike the rent when your rent is due and it doesn’t matter whether you’re a new tenant or not, because no one will hold him responsible, its his house afterall.

Greed: Some landlords would be right on time to collect their rents but would completely disappear when they have to fix something in the house. They expect you to pay the rent and fix something that naturally should be their responsibility.

Intrude: An apartment after being paid for, for the duration of the rent should be the tenant’s but some landlords especially those that live in the same house make it their duty to interfere in everything that concerns the tenant. They monitor every single detail that it becomes almost impossible for the tenants to breathe without being criticised.

Did you just do dat

1 Like

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by LesbianBoy(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2016
You sef gaan build your own house na. Nonsense! angry
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 05, 2016
my prepaid meter got burnt,and my landlord expects me to buy another in the house,i told him to sell the house to me in that case,since he cant fix the basic thing.

very greedy man,claiming saint.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Stanleyafam(m): 1:19pm On May 05, 2016
No one speaks of the tenants wrong behaviour..its always the landlord.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Shollyjay90(m): 1:23pm On May 05, 2016
Particularly If U Get A Beautiful Wife....Men U Don Suffer B Dat Oooooo
Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by LanreDaMan(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2016
Can we have a balanced argument pls . What of the rubish tenants do in rented apartments.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 05, 2016
I am a Landlord in Lagos and i dont do all this

Tun so nkan imi undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abnormal Things Lagos Landlords Do Often by frainc(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2016
abbey621:
Lock your door with Padlock: No responsible landlord will padlock your door before rent is due, it's only thugs that would engage in such an act!

Leech: Again a landlord worth anything would not borrow from tenants, familiarity breeds contempt!

Hike rents: Do you know how much it costs to build a house? If the landlord increases rent then it is justified. You keep forgetting people rent out their houses to make profit not to make friends!

Greed: I'm glad you said some because if someone can struggle to gather enough money to build a house, I'm sure such a person would want to maintain it to the best of his/her abilities!

Intrude: You have every rights to your privacy but there are certain instances where a landlord can intrude. For example: smoking Indian hemp, domestic violence, filth and so on.
is like this is what you do to your tenants,

When my ceiling fell (due to the fake slate he use) I was told by my landlord to fix it or leave it

Generally, many of Lagos landlord are wicked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TOP QUALITY LongSpan, Metcoppo, Step-tiles ALUMINIUM ROOFING SHEETS? Check These / Fire Razes Properties, Shops At Alaba International Market, Ojo / Rent: Awka, Onitsha Residents Lament Hike In Rents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.