Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn? (1988 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? / Born With Short Umbilical Cord(specialadvice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn? by titilaelae(f): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2009
I have a 4month old son who suffers from incessant tummy ache which has been interpreted as Unbilical Cord pains. Ordinarily, its supposed to be controlled by Gripe Water but it's not helpful in my own case. Hot compresses don't help either. Not that its continuous but when it hits the boy its usually strong and takes away his sleep as well as mine. I thought it would stop at 3months but he's 4 now and it still hasn't stopped. Mothers, how do you tackle such in your babies?
Re: Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn? by titilaelae(f): 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
A beg, where are all the mummies in the house nah?
Re: Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn? by whiteroses(f): 12:44am On Aug 14, 2009
firstly stop the hot compression only if your doctor says so, and give him prune juice if hes thirsty, not sure what it is it could be umbilical hernia wanting to form thats causing pain i know it causes pain at first especially after he eats and i know prune juice is good for babies with troubled tummy but dont hesitate to see your doctor
Re: Mothers, How Do You Manage Unbilical Cord Pains (inu'wo) In Your Newborn? by rubi(f): 12:53am On Aug 14, 2009
The pain is normal my kids went through the same pain it is from the enfamil milk. Personally I prefer the powdered one than the liquid. B/c of his age put a little prune juice in his milk not too much maybe a little bit more than a tip of baby spoon too much will cause running stomach on the baby with time the pain will stop. It could be stressful especially when you are new mum. They are developmental stages in a baby

(1) (Reply)

A Strange Baby Born In Benue State / Dead Ebola Victims Comes Back To Life In Liberia / Simple Ways To Get Perfectly Straight Hair / Straighten Hair Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.