Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" (28967 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan'' / How I Leaked Sanusi’s Letter On Missing $49 Billion Oil Money – Amaechi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by keme007: 11:22am On May 06, 2016
Am sure you are one of those that want "bring back corruption" because he released info to international body on corrupt practices in our land....you tag him "bad". Even if it have take a Jaddas to fix our nation. So there be...Amechi is a true Nigeria not enemy of state...Ride on Hon. Chibuke Amechi.
God bless president Mohammodu Buhari!
God bless help his minister to deliver the good job!!
God bless Nigeria
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Fury007: 11:24am On May 06, 2016
paschu:

If it were to be in the US, Amaechi would have been imprisoned for treason. And if that's too complex for you to understand, then you have a problem.

1. The so called document you allude as state secret was produced by Sanusi after extensive investigations. It revealed a massive leakage in the treasury. A document he passed to the presidency, and the presidency ignored. Would the US presidency ignore such a document from the head of the federal reserve bank, Janet Yellen??

2. If the US had this level of corruption and poor governance, the people would rise against it and a 'war' would be declared against such leaders.

3. Ameachi would have been declared a hero for been brave enough to expose corruption even with serious threats to his life.

You are a learner.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by amazon14: 11:25am On May 06, 2016
Amechi how many delegates from Nigeria to American got such revelation from American governor? Even if its dirty secret. You don't wash your dirty Lenin in public
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by paschu: 11:35am On May 06, 2016
Fury007:

1. The so called document you allude as state secret was produced by Sanusi after extensive investigations. It revealed a massive leakage in the treasury. A document he passed to the presidency, and the presidency ignored. Would the US presidency ignore such a document from the head of the federal reserve bank, Janet Yellen??

2. If the US had this level of corruption and poor governance, the people would rise against it and a 'war' would be declared against such leaders.

3. Ameachi would have been declared a hero for been brave enough to expose corruption even with serious threats to his life.

You are a learner.

Go and learn the difference between action and intention. Amaechi's action was criminal, and his intention then (which he's now trying to launder) was to destroy the goodwill of the president of the federal republic of nigeria with unsubstantiated falsehood. That's a treasinable intention.

Regarding the said document, no "extensive research" was done to produce it. Matter of fact: the CBN governor actually changed the figures twice - three contrary figures on one account. Does that sound like a product of an "extensive research" to you?

Pleae kindly read the following for your self-education:

You are ignorant. The money sanusi talked about was NNPC's non-remittance. He had no full details of how NNPC operates. He was not the auditor general of the federation. He simply made erronous conclusions without due consultations. Amaechi who is even worse informed went on to leak the falsehood to a foreign govt. in order to destroy the goodwill of the incumbent president. That's treason.

For your information NNPC is still witholding parts of its revenue as we speak.

But why should I expect you to know the facts, after all you're a zombie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by joshk(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2016
Election is over stop all dis blaming games,but buhari is d president nw and not good luck again,so y r u still tarnishing his image if it is dis today it will be dt abt him tommorow.heard sanu si interview where he said Gej is in love with Alison maduekwe
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by petchi: 11:51am On May 06, 2016
menstrualpad:
sad the judas of ubimma. hope you are enjoying your 30 shekels.

Amaechi brought out the Sanusi letter to the visiting American delegation

betraying your country leadership by revealing sensitive documents carelessly....worse than what Sanusi even said!

Like Judas he will soon be hanged. What happens to sell outs like Saraki will happen to him.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by basingstoke: 12:02pm On May 06, 2016
after enjoying your 30 shekels of silver, remember to hang yourself.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by basingstoke: 12:16pm On May 06, 2016
econity:

You deserve more than a thousand like.
My people perish for lack of knowledge.
How come we are sinking this fast as a nation?
No, my friend, what Nigerians are concerned about is this, u as central bank governor can not say some body stole 49 billion. later you changed it to 20, then 12, the 10, later you said it was 20. ANd till now there is no single proof.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Oche211(m): 12:25pm On May 06, 2016
menstrualpad:

betraying your country leadership by revealing sensitive documents carelessly....worse than what Sanusi even said!
that's what patriots who love their country will do.
How abt jonathan who master minded, aided, supervised nd protected the mass looting of Nigeria's economy.
Jonathan is the real JUDAS, he betrayed the trust Nigerian masses had in him as their president.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by oemmanuel: 12:35pm On May 06, 2016
Some people are pained only because a man from their region was implicated by his own action. They are not pained by what pains the same man caused millions of Nigerians.

Just assume the man continues with mismanaging our resources the same way he was doing, where would Nigeria be today. Forget about political party affiliation, what Jonathan did was more grievous than any other president Nigeria ever had. Sharing the common wealth to his few loyalists.

I think we need to start to think more about Nigeria than political career of any Nigerian.
Its called COMMON SENSE.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by fxskye: 12:39pm On May 06, 2016
menstrualpad:

What's sensitive about such info? Stop covering corruption. Expose it so that it can be put into shame.

To me, both Sanusi and Amaechi have done well on this issue.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by free13: 12:40pm On May 06, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by fxskye: 12:43pm On May 06, 2016
basingstoke:
No, my friend, what Nigerians are concerned about is this, u as central bank governor can not say some body stole 49 billion. later you changed it to 20, then 12, the 10, later you said it was 20. ANd till now there is no single proof.
Obviously, you are not in the picture at all.

Request for the trend of the issue and people will educate you about it. A question.......has your bank account balance ever remain the same over a period of times in which transactions were made within such periods?
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by fxskye: 12:45pm On May 06, 2016
paschu:

Go and learn the difference between action and intention. Amaechi's action was criminal, and his intention then (which he's now trying to launder) was to destroy the goodwill of the president of the federal republic of nigeria with unsubstantiated falsehood. That's a treasinable intention.

Regarding the said document, no "extensive research" was done to produce it. Matter of fact: the CBN governor actually changed the figures twice - three contrary figures on one account. Does that sound like a product of an "extensive research" to you?

I just dey laugh u in 4HDMI. U know nothing. Just follow up and read understand with objective mindset.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by basingstoke: 12:46pm On May 06, 2016
fxskye:

Request for the trend of the issue and people will educate you about it. A question.......has your bank account balance ever remain the same over a period of times in which transactions were made within such periods?
. No need for the tone, just have it your way. You win
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by okpurukata(f): 1:35pm On May 06, 2016
My only worry in this matter is why is a whole Lion responding to Sanusi? I thought he will be rejoicing for revealing the secret against hhis sworn enemy- Goodluck Jonathan. His response makes me realize that the so called LION is indeed afraid.

You looted Rivers state to fund Buhari, the north tolerates no talkative. Enjoy your 30 shekels my brother. They will surely come for your head soonest.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by porchster: 1:49pm On May 06, 2016
Seriously some Nigerians deserve suffering and i pray in d midst of abundance they will suffer forever . A man leaked a case of corruption to the world and you ppl are saying he worked against the then govt when we all knw that govt sees corruption as part of development . Jesus Christ which kind of continent hv i found myself.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by ogmask: 4:02pm On May 06, 2016
What is wrong with leaking the letter. He did what he had to do. We should be thanking Amaechi for being bold. Too many post election traumatised waillers here. He is a whistle blower who should be celebrated.
The blame should go to the treasury thieves instead.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Fury007: 4:17pm On May 06, 2016
paschu:

Let's assume for a moment that you are interested in the message, not the messenger, is the presidency absolved of criminal dealings in oil revenue??
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by paschu: 4:38pm On May 06, 2016
fxskye:

Ol boy stop insuniating nonsense. The multiple contradictions in figures were born out of ERROR nothing else. And it bothers me that folks like you are still trying to defend this rubbish when it is in public domain that NNPC is still doing the same thing in this 2016. Gosh, are you folks really this annoying?
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by whytfaz(m): 4:41pm On May 06, 2016
I like this dude but he seems like the kinda guy that will leak his gf nudes whenever they are having issues
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by paschu: 5:06pm On May 06, 2016
Fury007:

Let's assume for a moment that you are interested in the message, not the messenger, is the presidency absolved of criminal dealings in oil revenue??

There was no criminal indictment against GEJ my friend. The figures in question were said to be funds that were not remitted to the federation account by NNPC - nothing else. The same NNPC is still not remitting all its revenue to the federation account under PMB -why is Amaechi not slandering PMB and reporting him to the Americans? The answer is simple: the constitution allows NNPC to withold part of its revenue. Amaechi foolishly slandered Nigeria because he had no clue how NNPC runs.

In fact this year, the new auditor general of the federation gave a figure which he said NNPC had failed to remmit to the federation account. But NNPC countered his claim with a lower figure - and he did not retaliate - meaning he was wrong. Yet another organization still came up with yet a third fugure that was still different.

Now if the auditor general of the federation could not give the right figure of what NNPC owes the fed, why is it too hard for you to understand that sanusi and amaechi goofed big time because they had no regard for due process?
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by BECKAR: 5:14pm On May 06, 2016
Amechi the more you talk, the more you say something banal and stupid.
You are so confused and its written all over you.
When the sun shall set, you will have no hiding place
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by ayindejimmy(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2016
Bellzee:
I need popcorn for this, Amaechi is a joker shocked

Are you seriously implying that what Amaechi did was immoral
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by girlfriendsnatc: 6:14pm On May 06, 2016
metroparrot:
Nigeria's Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has denied reports that he leaked the famous letter ex CBN governor, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi, wrote to ex President Goodluck Jonathan over missing $20bn crude oil funds.

He released a statement to this effect:

Our attention has been drawn to reports in the media that tend to infer and suggest that immediate past governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. ChibuikeRotimi Amaechi surreptitiously and clandestinely‘leaked’ a letter written by former Central Bank ofNigeria (CBN) governor and now Emir of Kano, Sanusi Muhammad 11 to then President Goodluck Jonathan on the non-remittance of $49.8 billion from oil sale to the federation account. This is further from the truth and what exactly transpired as regards Amaechi’s involvement in that Sanusi letter.

To put the records straight, we want to categorically state that:

1. A concerned and patriotic Nigerian, who felt sufficiently troubled with what was happening then, gave a copy of the Sanusi letter to Amaechi in Amaechi’s capacity as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF). Like Amaechi, we should appreciate that concerned Nigerian’s patriotism.

2. When Amaechi got the letter, he spoke with Sanusi, who was still the CBN governor to confirm the authenticity of the letter. Sanusi confirmed to Amaechi that he wrote the letter. During their conversation, Amaechi made it abundantly clear to the then CBN governor that the bleeding of the nation had to be stopped, all non-remitted funds remitted and that he (Amaechi) was going to use the letter to do whatever is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, which was the stoppage of the non-remittance and the recovery of all the non-remitted funds from oil sale. The CBN Governor didn’t agree with Amaechi on the way forward.

3. Considering that the letter was given to Amaechi as Chairman of the Governors’ Forum, he shared the letter with his colleague governors first, and with Senator Bukola Saraki(now Senate President), who before and around that period was doing some work or/and investigation around the oil sector in the Senate.

4. Around that period, a delegation from the United States of America government, from the offices of the Secretaries of State and Defense visited Amaechi in Port Harcourt to discuss the issue of oil theft in Nigeria. From their records, they gave Amaechi figures of billions of dollars (about $7 billion dollars, annually) that was being lost to oil theft in Nigeria. They were discussing the issue and figures of oil theft, and that was how the CBN governor’s letter to PresidentJonathan came up. In the presence of journalists covering the visit, Amaechi brought out the Sanusi letter to the visiting American delegation to buttress the point that Nigeria was losing far more money to non-remittance of proceeds from oil sale into the federation account, which everyone seemed to concur,was in itself, another form and another dimension to the issue of oil theft.

5. To suggest, infer or even extrapolate that Rt. Hon. Chibuike RotimiAmaechi surreptitiously, clandestinely or underhandedly ‘leaked’ the CBN governor’s(Sanusi’s) letter is indeed most unfair, disrespectful and uncharitable to his person. Amaechi did what he did because he believed that the theft and corruption was just too much. He was propelled by his patriotic zeal to put Nigeria first, do what is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, and stop the bleeding and sucking of our collective resources by a tiny few. The mindboggling corruption revelations in the recent past that is still ongoing clearly justifies and vindicates Amaechi’sstance on the issue and the actions he took. Faced with the same situation, under similar circumstances, Amaechi will not act differently. The good of Nigeria, putting the nation and Nigerians first, will always be his guiding principle.

CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI MEDIA OFFICE

May 5, 2016.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/sanusi-lied-against-me-amaechi-on.html

This singular act of unprecedented indefatigable patriotism by Rotimi Ameachi is the explosive reagent that set off the unstoppable chain reaction of political change in Nigeria, and the nuclear force behind the change movement that saved Nigeria from descending into the abyss of economic oblivion and irredeemable political disintegration. He put his loyalty to Nigeria and Nigerians first, and set aside all sentiments of tribal association, political affiliation, religious denomination, and personal ambition. As a matter of urgency, this illustrious national hero Ameachi should be confered with the highest national honors and should be nominated as among the foremost personalities to be immortalized as the face of any replacement or future currency for an amazing service to the defense of the survival of Nigeria in its most vulnerable times. Ameachi will always be an exemplary honarable citizen and the annals of Nigerian history will speak great and well of him, a true son of the Nigeria soil, a full-blooded patriot. The ignoble reckless corrupt thieving evil ex-president Jonathan should thank his stars we're in a democracy, otherwise he should be hanging on the gallows by now encircled by vultures to decimate whatever is left. God bless Ameachi flesh, blood and bones. A true hero of democracy in the new political dispensation of Nigeria.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by authority2006(m): 10:41pm On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Idiot. A ragtag thief like Amaechi having the audacity and nerve to reveal confidential documents to foreigners tell a lot. Such acts would not have been tolerated under a more intolerant administration like OBJ's.
Amaechi is nothing but a pot-bellied hypocrite. Look at how he left Rivers State in a state of asphyxia. People could no longer breathe. Animal
You called someone who is old enough to be your father an idiot, you didn't see anything bad about it. But someone quoted you and posted what I pasted below, you reported him to the moderator. You are a super idiot and hypocrite.
"See your life, pathetic! You and your unborn children were being robbed blindly, yet your president didn't do anything about it. That letter is the one you're referring to as confidential. You made me remember the saying, citizens deserve the kind of leaders they get. " Insulting a Nairalander. Violation of rule 2 . Ban expires at May 11, 2016 at 10:38:52 AM.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by ModiKen(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2016
menstrualpad:

I don't respond 2 mentions ... watch my dust!

VulgarVulvas:
Amaechi denying now because he knows he has no integrity among his treacherous band.

"if he can betray his brother and people, he will sooner or later betray us" - Sanusi to Buhari.

Sweetguy25:
Idiot. A ragtag thief like Amaechi having the audacity and nerve to reveal confidential documents to foreigners tell a lot. Such acts would not have been tolerated under a more intolerant administration like OBJ's.
Amaechi is nothing but a pot-bellied hypocrite. Look at how he left Rivers State in a state of asphyxia. People could no longer breathe. Animal

This is exactly why it would be a herculian task for Nigeria to move forward.

If we would choose to dwell on the messenger but not on the content of the message, we would never progress as a nation.

Rather than focus on Ameachi, why not direct your aggression and anger at the core of the matter here - Theft of our nation's oil!

A government is accused (by sensitive public office holders within same government) of doing nothing or even collaborating with those who have been stealing what collectively belongs to us, rather that deal with the issue, we are asking about the morality of those who said it.

I don't care if Sanusi betrayed the North or if Ameachi betrayed the South or if both betrayed GEJ, what I want to know is if the allegations of oil theft and non remittances of oil revenue are true or false.

That is the most important thing here cos Nigerians are suffering as a result of gross mismanagement of funds meant to provide the most basic amenities for them to live normal lives.

...and you guys are here focusing on chaff instead of wheat.

Lets not throw away the baby along with the bathing water.

Just my two cents...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami At Tinubu's 9th Colloquium. PICS / Abisola Kola-Daisi, Ajimobi's Daughter In Beach Wear Photos / Abdulsalami Apologises To Southern Leaders On Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.