Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC (14441 Views)

Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos / Why Buildings Collapse In Nigeria and NECESSARY PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by MsChicxoxo(f): 11:29am On May 06, 2016
Yes I concur with that about making your foundation very solid. I just spend 5m naira on foundation only for a storey building. At first it was a pain in the ass but is worth it in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by sorepco(m): 11:54am On May 06, 2016
A criminal endeavour is ur is ur biggest mitivation to date? Wao

timpaker:

Nah! I didn't. It was just a one time experience.

Back then in school, one of my friend fell ill 1wk to exam and was admittebid. And bn the closest to him I was tasked to help him write that paper, I was given some texts to read by his coursemates (which seem like Arabic to me at first), they were like I should try to get an 'E' or 'D' by any means.
But I promised them I'd shock em and surprisingly, I got the shocker! I made a narrow escape 'C' grin. While one fail and 2 got 'E'.

Talk about the sins we commit for our dear friends.

That day remains my biggest motivation in anything I do till today.
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by Cribpark: 12:09pm On May 06, 2016
I like this frank opinion. Many people will not want to openly admit this fact that good things like a safely constructed foundation cost. May God bless your efforts.

MsChicxoxo:
Yes I concur with that about making your foundation very solid. I just spend 5m naira on foundation only for a storey building. At first it was a pain in the ass but is worth it in the long run.
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by timpaker(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2016
sorepco:
A criminal endeavour is ur is ur biggest mitivation to date? Wao

Sometimes, our righteousness starts with a Crime
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by stevedre: 7:35pm On May 06, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I was amazed when I saw Egyptians laying foundation of a building in Egypt. A hole as big as a bungalow was opened then filled with iron rods, Cement and Granites.... The cement alone go reach Naija Engineers build 5 duplex.

Secondly I noticed their cement is about N350 per bag and once mixed it gets dried in not more than 30mins.

You're absolutely right But they still suffer building collapse in rural areas like hurghada, I guess you stay/stayed in Cairo. Sometimes I think GOD cursed them to be building till the end of the world, wallai them Sabi build no be small.
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by Adeniyimi: 8:53pm On May 06, 2016
stevedre:

You're absolutely right But they still suffer building collapse in rural areas like hurghada, I guess you stay/stayed in Cairo. Sometimes I think GOD cursed them to be building till the end of the world, wallai them Sabi build no be small.

Yes oooo building collapse everywhere, it happen in China every month.... even in d USA. So why they only focus on africa?
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by stevedre: 10:24pm On May 06, 2016
Adeniyimi:

Yes oooo building collapse everywhere, it happen in China every month.... even in d USA. So why they only focus on africa?

When they lack news they start repeating the obvious, I blame our past and present government for the lack of real estate vision.
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by Phonefanatic: 8:18am On May 07, 2016
stevedre:

Yeah I stayed in American Becho and I think they are blessed to build not cursed lol okay I agree they are caused cos there are so so many empty condos and to think they don't use much labourers while building is amazing. I will get a house plan from there when I'm ready to build only say our engineers go mess am up.
Re: Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC by stevedre: 9:43pm On May 07, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Yeah I stayed in American Becho and I think they are blessed to build not cursed lol okay I agree they are caused cos there are so so many empty condos and to think they don't use much labourers while building is amazing. I will get a house plan from there when I'm ready to build only say our engineers go mess am up.

For real? I fit know u oo... First, second or 3rd street in Becho ? Inbox me ur number, lets chat on what app

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swimming Pools. .start To Finish. ... / Scaffolders For Rent In Lagos At Reduced Price / Lagos State Releases Statement On Lekki Building Collapse That Killed 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.