Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics (318 Views)

Awo's Dysfunctional Legacy On Nigerian Politics / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / This Is How Politics Work Especially In Nigeria (photo)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics by EdunEmman09: 8:31am On May 06, 2016
Al-Yakub Ogun State Chairman Committee reacts

The chairman of the congress committee in the state, Alhaji Mohammed Al-Yakub, however, denied knowledge of parallel congress, saying he was only aware of the congresses held at designated centres by his committee.
I am not aware of any parallel congress in Ogun, because we have designated centres for each local government.

I have also sent members of the committee to monitor the exercise across the three senatorial districts and they said it was peaceful and smooth.
I believe that this congress will produce leaders who will restore the lost glory of the party in Ogun and wrestle the power from the ruling All Progressives Party (APC).

We carried all the members along and asked any intending contestant to approach the party secretariat to obtain forms.
Those who are alleging that we are hoarding forms are lying, because we operate an open door policy.

We gave everybody a level playing field and equal opportunity.
What I know is that some people cannot consider themselves as conducting authentic congress without nomination forms,” he said.

(1) (Reply)

Reality Analysis / Fuel Price Hike: NLC To Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday / Metuh Begs Court For Permission To Travel Abroad On Medical Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.