Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Any Network Guru Arround? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Network Guru Arround? (774 Views)

Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer / What Topics To Cover In Java To Be A Guru? / I'm A Computer Guru, But My Fiancee Is A Market Trader! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Network Guru Arround? by BigStar1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
please there is this problem i'm facing on our official network which i would like gurus in house help out of.
Though i offended the network administrator and he decided to punish by denying me access to the network.
How?
Whenever i connect my cable, i always have local access. We use DHCP, i try to go on static IP but the problem persists.
Please help me out.
I have to do remote network connection to another system that's ok before i could send this.
I need more than browsing, i need to update my system and antivirus.
Re: Any Network Guru Arround? by Cactus(m): 12:36am On Aug 14, 2009
The network administration does not have any authority to disconnect you based on personal reasons. If you were doing something on the network that was against the company's policy, then you should get a warning a couple of times and then necessary action can then be taken after it has been reported to the management.

But he blocking from accessing the network is absolutely unethical just because he is in control doesnt mean he should abuse it.

He probably blocked your MAC address. Complain to your supervisor and let him/her know that what the network admin is doing is unethical.
Re: Any Network Guru Arround? by BigStar1(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2009
Thanks Big Bross

(1) (Reply)

Helpppppppppppp! Asp.net Code Issue / Can Smbdy Help Me, B/w Ccna And Oracle. Which Do I Go For? / Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.