Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,203 members, 7,860,317 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

My View Of Feminism - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My View Of Feminism (641 Views)

The Interior And Exterior View Of The Hotel E-Money And Wife Are Holidaying / Funnybone: After Interacting With Chimamanda, I Understood Feminism Better / Night View Of E-Money's Mansion (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My View Of Feminism by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 06, 2016
IT SHOULDNT HAVE COME INTO EXISTENCE. Feminism defines the equality of right for both men and woman, politically, economically, and every aspect of life. Superiority of Men to Women is what the Great Grand Architect of the Universe chose when we gave
life to Adam and created Eve from Adam's Rib. Some will say my above points are cliche. I will give more points you might have ignored.

If you believe in Feminism, why do Men pay the Brideprice? Why are Men the breadwinners of the Family? WAIT!!! Why do you tag them the Head of the Family?

You want Equality of rights. Will you marry a man and he begins to bear your name? NO. rather, it is the other way round. Now, that alone proves the impossibility of feminism to stand.

Why do you leave the Hard and Hectic works for men!! ( women are fragile).

Women possess soft heart. The melt easily, its more like they have their Boiling and Melting point. This makes them not to take certain right decisions at times. This is why you women find it hard in politics, therefore political equality cannot stand.

Talking of power and politics, Moses, Aaron and all other leaders in the Bible choosen by God, are they feminine!! NOO!! biko God knows what he is doing and what he has done. just respect that fact.

Why can a girl be able to hit a boy, but when its the vice versa, they guy automatically becomes a "WOMAN BEATER" or bully whatsoever. It still goes down to the Superiority of Men right?

Ample of more facts that you know about, you need not to be told. YES the female should have her normal human rights, but she cant have what makes us Masculine!. I speak in peace though. http://nippysky.com/editorial/item/319-my-take-on-feminism
Re: My View Of Feminism by raayah(f): 4:13pm On May 06, 2016
Feminism is equality for both sexes.

Your first point being that men are bread wimners is insulting. A lot of women are bread winners. Secondly, women get pregnant, they nurse the young. This period of pregnancy and nursing is incredibly hectic, and seriously limits the ability of a woman to work. It's basic biology.

Name bearing is a by product of the patriarchy, it's not necessary or compulsory to change names after marriage and a lot of women are no longer doing this. Thanks to Feminism.

Your third point, in terms of physical abilities, men are stronger. In fact, employers tend to discriminate against women for certain positions especially when it comes to work that involves lifting or high physical activities.

Your point about women in politics does not make sense at all. The issue with this is that a lot of people infact believe that women are less than men. Few women run for office, because they are not taken seriously, it's become a boy's club. Feminism encourages the society that women are not less than men irrespective of their differences and should be taken seriously.

To the issue of bride price, it's another patriarchal tool used by men to tie women. It's literally selling a woman, calling her a by product. It's crap. I personally, will never let any man pay bride price for me, i'm not a commodity to be sold.
Re: My View Of Feminism by Gerrard59(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2016
raayah:
Feminism is equality for both sexes.

To the issue of bride price, it's another patriarchal tool used by men to tie women. [/b]It's literally selling a woman[b], calling her a by product. It's crap. I personally, will never let any man pay bride price for me, i'm not a commodity to be sold.

Exactly.

If I have my way, I will sponsor a bill or any law that bans the payment of bride price. It's simply makes the lady a commodity that can be sold and bought at anytime. The last time I checked slave trade ended more than 200 years ago. Why practise such a system? Such a system gave my colleague the audacity to say he can do his future wife anyhow he wants after all he "bought" her. Ridiculous.

Moreover, I agree with you on that feminism benefits both gender; how did paternal maternity come to exist, if not for feminism?

I don't know why most Nigerian men despise feminism.

(1) (Reply)

Empire's Jussie Smollet Confirms His Exit From The Movie Series (tweets) / See How Rotimi Amaechi Celebrated His 51st Birthday (photos) / Godwin! Korede New Video Na Die!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.