Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline (1778 Views)

Shell Relocates Gas Pipeline Across Kolo Creek Underneath River / Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari / Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by mrvitalis(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2016
Being a graduate of mechanical engineering with interest in pipeline engineering, I have watched this issues pessit for years and thought what could be the solution
First what's the problem? The problem is that people chose to blow up strategic pipeline insulation to get government attention.
How can they do this since the civil defence are securing the pipeline? While this is basically because the pipeline passes through the thick rainforest and it is difficult to police.
What is my solution then? ? My solution is simple it involves the change in direction of the pipeline, what do I mean,.. . I mean build new pipeline following another path..
I know this may sound foolish and expensive, but hear me out, if pipeline are built along our major express roads..(atleast in the Niger Delta region) it will be easily policed.. .. since patrolling would easy
Is the engineering possible? I can emphatically say yes, the size of gas pipeline lines are a maximum of 48'' and that of crude oil maximum of say 1000mm and this can easily go under a federal high way or even in between a dual carriage Road
Is it safe?? Yes it is after all all the streets of the major city in the world are sitting on gas transport network and yet little or no incident have been recorded, so why not borrow this method to solve our problem
I have done the the engineering design and analysis and the results am getting it's really good. this my humble solution to my dear country
I know it may be expensive but it provides long lasting solutions
Am open to debate from follow engineers and critics alike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 06, 2016
You see your life , is all about oil no mention of the people abeg

long live
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by CACAWA(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
wolfslair:
You see your life , is all about oil no mention of the people abeg

long live

The OP made serious sense. You need sense to understand his message, so adjust your prayer point.

4 Likes

Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by Davinex(m): 5:37pm On May 06, 2016
@ OP.
Have you considered the location of these well heads and it Xmas trees? Some of these pipes will still pass through creeks and rough topography. How do you intend to checkmate vandalization of those pipe sections?
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by LadyExcellency: 5:45pm On May 06, 2016
Is the Oil and Gas wells on the highways?

What is the distance between those Oil installations and your proposed major highways?

Maybe, why not suggest to the government to build highways along those pipelines instead?

Your points are purely academic and wouldn't reduced vandalism.

Patriotism is the answer, make everybody, region, ethnicity and religion fully participate in governance.

Nigeria is too diverse to forge a common interest. Many waters have already crossed under the bridge.

4 Likes

Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by pacino26(m): 5:55pm On May 06, 2016
At Op,

You sure don't understand the cost implication. Not just that, you're talking bout shutting down socioeconomic activities for trenching and ditching. Welding of joints nko.

The industry is looking at smart pipes. Having pigs that can deploy and seal damaged areas while ESD valves do the rest at the base stations.

Good thoughts but dynamically.. ....

1 Like

Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 06, 2016
CACAWA:

The OP made serious sense. You need sense to understand his message, so adjust your prayer point.

Went through the post again same poo
How to get out the oil ,to where ,do you ve oil there you looking for a prayer point to move.

long live
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by DelGardo: 5:57pm On May 06, 2016
mrvitalis:
Being a graduate of mechanical engineering with interest in pipeline engineering, I have watched this issues pessit for years and thought what could be the solution
First what's the problem? The problem is that people chose to blow up strategic pipeline insulation to get government attention.
How can they do this since the civil defence are securing the pipeline? While this is basically because the pipeline passes through the thick rainforest and it is difficult to police.
What is my solution then? ? My solution is simple it involves the change in direction of the pipeline, what do I mean,.. . I mean build new pipeline following another path..
I know this may sound foolish and expensive, but hear me out, if pipeline are built along our major express roads..(atleast in the Niger Delta region) it will be easily policed.. .. since patrolling would easy
Is the engineering possible? I can emphatically say yes, the size of gas pipeline lines are a maximum of 48'' and that of crude oil maximum of say 1000mm and this can easily go under a federal high way or even in between a dual carriage Road
Is it safe?? Yes it is after all all the streets of the major city in the world are sitting on gas transport network and yet little or no incident have been recorded, so why not borrow this method to solve our problem
I have done the the engineering design and analysis and the results am getting it's really good. this my humble solution to my dear country

Makes a lot of sense. But in this economic climate it will be a hard sell.
In addition, a major con is that when the pipelines are blown up road users might be blown up with it and the affected stretch of road rendered un-motorable. Finally how do you address sections of the pipelines that pass where roads are not in place... deep in the Niger Delta for example?
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by ageraGT: 6:03pm On May 06, 2016
or simply fly drones with hd infrared cameras over the pipelines 24/7
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by mikolo80: 6:17pm On May 06, 2016
mrvitalis:
we are not a major county. ordinary water pipe de burst every other day. we're not just ready
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by mikolo80: 6:18pm On May 06, 2016
ageraGT:
your head de dia. con join proximity sensor. or laser trip wires
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by mrvitalis(m): 6:19pm On May 06, 2016
mikolo80:
we are not a major county. ordinary water pipe de burst every other day. we're not just ready
The materials are not the same And this once u see are mostly due to man infiltrated damages
The depth of gas pipelines are far diper
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by mrvitalis(m): 6:22pm On May 06, 2016
ageraGT:
Even if u see people planing to bumb a pipeline. . Before u get security forces to that point the damage should have already occurred
Re: My Solution To The Constant Vandalization Of Oil And Gas Pipeline by mikolo80: 6:46pm On May 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

The materials are not the same And this once u see are mostly due to man infiltrated damages
The depth of gas pipelines are far diper
it's not easy to stop hit and run attacks even on a fun battleground.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Checkout This Cartoon By This Day Newspaper / Fayose's Son Rogba Goes Hiding As EFCC Traced N200m Ekiti Found Tonhis Acct / Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Political Orientation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.