Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History (46788 Views)

Aka Udofia Offers $20,000 Per Goal Scored By Eagles Against Cameroon / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon / Governor Emmanuel Udom Promises Super Eagles $10,000 Per Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by stevebond007(m): 12:15pm On May 07, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
And how does he not put the team first??

When Man City was playing bollocks against Southampton he was their only real bright chance of getting something outta that game.

Against, Tottenham when Kelechi scored, was Man city behind?? This is a young boy who scored an important equaliser and that's when everyone decides "hey we have to get back to restart the game"...

Okay, fine, they restarted the game.... did they win in the end?? Tottenham went on to win 2-1!!!!!

Aguero, Toure and all those big stars couldn't breach Tottenham and here comes a 19 year old who does so and no one even shows the slightest acknowledgment of his vital strike.... na wa oooo

Kelechi's attitude for your info is just fine for one who wanna go on and be a top top player like Messi and Pele... and even C.Ronaldo.

His celebrations are even to honor his late mom who passed away before he began his man city career from the EDS. He also uses his every goal to say " thank you GOD for this privilege to deliver in a big team".... You guys just don't understand!!!!!

Let Kelechi be.... his team mates even respect his decision to honor his late mom and GOD with his celebrations.

Even at UAE 2013, Kelechi's first act after receiving the golden ball award and silver boot was to kneel with his eyes to the heavens saying "Thank you Lord... and Mom & Dad, This is for you".

Come on! Give the kid a break! Na wa ooo... I follow most behind the scenes at Man city thru their YouTube channel and see how Zabaleta, Hart and Sagna adore Kelechi.

So pls, don't just speak of what you know absolutely nothing about.

You said it all,
He will grow up and be better sportsman, (not saying he is not)

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TimJackJsm(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2016
otokx:
Still waiting to be impressed by this fellow, you guys just over rating him.
Over rating ke?
He won U-17 most valuable player(inarguably the best)scori,6 goals 6sssists to his name.
Is that over rating?
The last 17 set has the MVP award goes to one who scores 3 goals 3 assists.

Among the U-17 set of 13,all countries...Who currently performs better than he does?

Should he be a Brazilian I surmise you wouldn't call it "over rating".

Presently he has 13 goals this season with a little appearance.

In his last two EPL games,he scored brace.

I would repeat this,Kelechi is not yet at his optimum,not to talk of his best.
Give him a regular play time,ghd stats will wow you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by KINGSZY: 12:18pm On May 07, 2016
Speakdatruth:
fine player buh so silence against the big goons like realmadrid
how old r u?

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2016
Sir, I'm with you on this one.... #smiles.

In the 90s to early 2000s, Nigeria experienced her first golden era in soccer with the likes of Kanu , Okocha, Finidi George (then best right winger in the world), Emmanuel Amuneke (then best left winger in the world), Uche Okechukwu, Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikpeba, Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh, Peter Rufai, Ike Shorunmu, Ben Iroha, Samson Siasia, Thompson Oliha, Mutiu Adepoju, Tijani Babangida and a host of others..... It was glorious decade plus from 1990-early 2000s.

Now another Generation is rising which I have tagged "The next super golden generation" grin

And headlining this rising golden generation next are the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Simon Moses, Isaac Success, Chidozie Awaziem, Musa Yahaya, Kingsley Madu, Emmanuel Daniel, Dele Alampasu and many other outstanding talents coming through for Nigeria (I can name them all but for time's sake)....

Like KANU and Okocha were the main men in that first golden era, now we are seeing the rise of Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi as the major headliners of this current and new rising "possible" golden generation (funny thing is The supporting cast of Success, Sadiq Umar, Simon Moses and the rest are in every way just as deadly and super talented as Kelechi and Alex but still Kelechi and Alex are the rising standouts just like KANU and Okocha were back then).

Mikel Obi came towards the end of that first era in 2006 (Okocha's retirement year). And now, Mikel is leading this rising new generation as captain before he will finally leave the scene within the next 3-4 yrs.

Mikel's era is sandwiched between the old golden era of the 90s and early 2000s and this current rising bunch of Super talents from Nigeria.

Why am I saying all this?? It's because I've done my analysis and studied the mentality of these current young players.... one thing is certain!!! THEY ARE HUNGRY FOR GLORY... AND MORE GLORY. THEY HAVE SUPER BELIEF IN THEMSELVES AND YET STILL HARP ON HARDWORK, HARDWORK AND MORE HARDWORK (check out Iheanacho and Iwobi interviews and you will get some of the picture).

Iheanacho is the rise of one who will likely enjoy "messi status" but not as the next messi but as the "first Iheanacho".... wink

Nigerian football is surely on the fast rise again. No wonder we experienced so dark a period of consecutive AFCON misses.... Post 2014 world cup to 2016 is Nigeria's darkest ever in football at the senior level but it's said that when the darkness is thickest, it means A bright dawn fast approaches.... this is what is Cooking grin

Ay04z:
go and write today's date down in the next 3 years iheancho will be one of the top 5 best players in the world.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by gasgenius(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2016
stevebond007:

Some of our ways are slightly off per.
Reasons we no get good infrastructure
The world is evolving and changing.
Our problem is bad leader , evolving and changing? Like gay , nuclear weapons , women have more right than men and funny stuff . Boss I believe we are back ward in some cases Kenya prove me right but I believe at thousands years to come Africa will rrule the world
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Speakdatruth: 12:28pm On May 07, 2016
KINGSZY:
how old r u?
ask your brothers, we grew up together

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Reference(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2016
youmour:
Liverpool would have been the best club for him.

Doubt that. Liverpool's game remains old English. Lots of long balls and movement at dizzying pace. Kelechi's game appears more Continental, technical. Only Arsenal and City play that brand and with Guardiola coming he will thrive under him.
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by stevebond007(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2016
gasgenius:

Our problem is bad leader , evolving and changing? Like gay , nuclear weapons , [b]women have more right than men [/b]and funny stuff . Boss I believe we are back ward in some cases Kenya prove me right but I believe at thousands years to come Africa will rrule the world

So women are lesser creatures? No equal rights?

Funny u said that.
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40pm On May 07, 2016
Thank you very much joor...... Well said!!!

But uhmm... abeg na 6 goals and 7 assists him get (how u wan hide the remaining assist na? wink )

But seriously, Well said... grin

Haba!!!! Even Messi didn't have such stats as a 19 year old in 2006 for Barca all season. Messi scored 9 goals in his first professional season as a 19 year old.

C.Ronaldo scored only 9 goals as a 19yr old in his first season at Man Utd.

And someone is saying he needs some convincing (even a slight convincing) and is not yet impressed by another 19 year old with the deadliest goal per minute stats in Europe and currently in EPL history??!!!!!!!

Such a person need a brain check!!!!! Coz I perceive Blind Pessimism and over-conservatism on a big negative scale!!!!

What is wrong with some people??

TimJackJsm:

Over rating ke?
He won U-17 most valuable player(inarguably the best)scori,6 goals 6sssists to his name.
Is that over rating?
The last 17 set has the MVP award goes to one who scores 3 goals 3 assists.

Among the U-17 set of 13,all countries...Who currently performs better than he does?

Should he be a Brazilian I surmise you wouldn't call it "over rating".

Presently he has 13 goals this season with a little appearance.

In his last two EPL games,he scored brace.

I would repeat this,Kelechi is not yet at his optimum,not to talk of his best.
Give him a regular play time,ghd stats will wow you.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Orikinla(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2016
Did he win the highest goal scorer award in the EPL?
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Orikinla(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Thank you very much joor...... Well said!!!

But uhmm... abeg na 6 goals and 7 assists him get (how u wan hide the remaining assist na? wink )

But seriously, Well said... grin

Haba!!!! Even Messi didn't have such stats as a 19 year old in 2006 for Barca all season. Messi scored 9 goals in his first professional season as a 19 year old.

C.Ronaldo scored only 9 goals as a 19yr old in his first season at Man Utd.

And someone is saying he needs some convincing (even a slight convincing) and is not yet impressed by another 19 year old with the deadliest goal per minute stats in Europe and currently in EPL history??!!!!!!!

Such a person need a brain check!!!!! Coz I perceive Blind Pessimism and over-conservatism on a big negative scale!!!!

What is wrong with some people??

He is not 19.
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2016
Kelechi scored four times in his last two premier league starts.... so how does that make him a super sub??

Besides, no player in history has scored as much and in a record rate from the bench ever!!! no one.... and yet his last 4 goals didn't even come as a sub.

Remember, Kelechj already has two match winning goals against Swansea and Crystal palace both in the premier league (yes, done as a substitute) and has 7 assists also in all competitions.

kenonze:
Yes!

But Its not time to celebrate because statistics always make super Subs look more deadlier than full time players..

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2016
Yeah.... and your moniker is not Orikinla!!!!!
I've gone past such arguments... have a good day! grin

Orikinla:
. He is not 19.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by OlandoOwoo: 12:53pm On May 07, 2016
cyril700:
Who Ask u, does he know u?
Don't mind the bigot
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by safarigirl(f): 12:58pm On May 07, 2016
youmour:
Liverpool would have been the best club for him.
like it's the best for Awoniyi?
Let them do something with the Nigerian wonderkid they have, for all the heat people gave City, at least they showed enough faith to play Iheanacho in the senior team all the way up to UCL while thr great Liverpool shipped Awoniyi to BumFuck FC

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by safarigirl(f): 1:04pm On May 07, 2016
Orikinla:
He is not 19.
Costa isn't 26, Rooney isn't 28, so?

Transfer market says he's 19, FIFA lists him as a 19-year old, unless you can find a birth certificate to discredit those, you can shove your opinion in a dark hole

6 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 07, 2016
otokx:
Still waiting to be impressed by this fellow, you guys just over rating him.

A good player no doubt, but the hype here makes me also wonder whether I have not been watching same Kelechi.

Top 5 players in the world in the next 5 years? Possible, but nothing on ground now suggests it.

Martins was deadlier in his youthful days in Inter too. He never even got to African Top 3.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 07, 2016
safarigirl:
like it's the best for Awoniyi?
Let them do something with the Nigerian wonderkid they have, for all the heat people gave City, at least they showed enough faith to play Iheanacho in the senior team all the way up to UCL while thr great Liverpool shipped Awoniyi to BumFuck FC

Well that was before klopp took the reins,if you follow the news klopp stated one time that he is impress with Awoniyi and other youngsters,are you a LFC fan? Loaning players out is not entirely a bad thing,doesnt mean the club doesnt believe in you,they believe soo much that they want you to gain experience.
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:13pm On May 07, 2016
Really "DARK HOLE" like The black holes in outer space... grin

Hi Safarihoney... trust you are having a great weekend.

safarigirl:
Costa isn't 26, Rooney isn't 28, so?

Transfer market says he's 19, FIFA lists him as a 19-year old, unless you can find a birth certificate to discredit those, you can shove your opinion in a dark hole

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by tiswell(m): 1:16pm On May 07, 2016
kenonze:
Yes!

But Its not time to celebrate because statistics always make super Subs look more deadlier than full time players..

He is not a super sub,don't tag him that yet.
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TimJackJsm(m): 1:19pm On May 07, 2016
Reference:

Doubt that. Liverpool's game remains old English. Lots of long balls and movement at dizzying pace. Kelechi's game appears more Continental, technical. Only Arsenal and City play that brand and with Guardiola coming he will thrive under him.
True talk.
With Guardiola,Kelechi will become superstar,but yet I respect the foresight of Pellegrini,to opt for Kelechi as a striker and for the discovery,later, he will be regarded,in few years the respect Old Fergie earns from Cr7 development.
Which coach is a better lover of merit and learning than Guardiola?
Iheanacho is young and ready to play according to his guidelines, trust his tactics cannot be worse for a player like Mourinho.

Truly Iheanacho will become a better superstar working with Pep.
We are lucky to have Pep coming to City.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by safarigirl(f): 1:20pm On May 07, 2016
youmour:

Well that was before klopp took the reins,if you follow the news klopp stated one time that he is impress with Awoniyi and other youngsters,are you a LFC fan? Loaning players out is not entirely a bad thing,doesnt mean the club doesnt believe in you,they believe soo much that they want you to gain experience.
indeed. That's how it starts, first they loan you to Germany, then you come back and your next flight is to Croatia where they finally offload you after buying some shiny new guy with 'experience'...before you know it, you're in Kazakhstan.

Like I said, Iheanacho in Man City is doing soooo much better than Awoniyi in wherever Liverpool sent him

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2016
I strongly disagree Sir.

Martins deadlier?? Nope...
No way... grin

In 2004, Martins did have a goal-per-minute ratio of less than 120mins per goal (even deadlier than Shevchenko.... I was 12+ yrs old in 2004 but I still recall a top article of stats compiled by "the game" soccer news paper back then).

But Nacho still trumps him. Even Sadiq Umar of Roma might outshine Martins in same number of matches based on goals-per-minute ratio.

Nacho's is 86.9 mins per goal in the EPL alone!!! And for a whole season which have seen him make a lot of 5-10mins sub cameos....

In the whole of Europe, in all competitions, Nacho's stats will be scarier. And adding everything (his 13 goals and 7 assists so far), Nacho's direct involvement in man city's goals will be like "a goal or assist every less than 60 mins" as at today.

So no Sir, Martins was a super potential then but didn't match Nacho's scoring rate.

Jarus:

A good player no doubt, but the hype here makes me also wonder whether I have not been watching same Kelechi.

Top 5 players in the world in the next 5 years? Possible, but nothing on ground now suggests it.

Martins was deadlier in his youthful days in Inter too. He never even got to African Top 3.

5 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by safarigirl(f): 1:24pm On May 07, 2016
Jarus:

Martins is too aggressive, almost like Balotelli.

Sometimes talent is not enough, attitude is key as well and from what we've heard (and seen), Iheanacho's attitude is just right.

Lots of people think he's got that potential to be a top player, that's all it is now, POTENTIAL

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TimJackJsm(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2016
Orikinla:
Did he win the highest goal scorer award in the EPL?
This made me laughs....
Should he be in United jersey,I dare to say he could have been part of the contender for the award.
Martial has first team shirt,why doesn't he win it?
That he did not win the Highest scorer award isn't the issue.
He needs more playing time,first team appearance to do that.
A player that scores 7 times in 10 appearance..winning penalty on about 2 or 3 occasions,13 goals overall plus assist,not yet a first team player..should be accorded good.
Just forget the sentiment, his stats are better than Mess I and Cr7's at the very first season. of their career.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by omoelu1(m): 1:43pm On May 07, 2016
safarigirl:
Martins is too aggressive, almost like Balotelli.

Sometimes talent is not enough, attitude is key as well and from what we've heard (and seen), Iheanacho's attitude is just right.

Lots of people think he's got that potential to be a top player, that's all it is now, POTENTIAL
Just like balotelli. Some 4-5 seasons ago, he had the potential to be one of the deadliest strikers in the world, but his attitude cost him.
I wish iheanacho all the good luck possible
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by TheBiafran(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2016
imagine what team bi***a will look like in future. mehn igbo guys are the best there is. they thrive where merit thrives. we rock. we are the best. we beat our chest because we are so much self made. waiting 4 some folks to come and start telling us of how they own football when we all know that sunday mba alone beat them hands down. nigeria is destroying the igbos and it makes me angry
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by ZAMANI123(m): 2:06pm On May 07, 2016
who is asking which tribe is he from, do you need prophets TB jousha to tell you he is am Igbo guy.
#namecheckers
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 07, 2016
Considering how consistent he has been since he first broke into the scene I'll say he is a very special player and may prove to be one of the the best ever Nigerian exports if he is almost as young as he claims he is and not 28 or 29.
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by ofedegbe(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
What tribe is he from ??

You are not smart my friend angry
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by nashtiri06: 2:27pm On May 07, 2016
What will you do with his tribe
Re: Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History by manutdrichie(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2016
kenonze:
Yes!

Na waoo these days women are good soccer analyst. I luv that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crypto: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Footballer To Earn Crypto / Raheem Lawal Flaunts His House & Car, Apologizes For Doing So / Floyd Mayweather Buys A Private Jet For His 41st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.