Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos (1133 Views)

Youths In Anambra Kill Cow And Enjoyed Nsala Day After Boycotting Election / "APC Will Remain For 200 Years" - Okoi Obono-Obla, Buhari's Special Assistant / Yemi Osinbajo Receives Ambassador Of Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by viviangist: 6:50pm On May 06, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has approved the sponsorship of 200 less privileged Rivers youths to Israel for vocational training.
The governor also announced that despite dwindling resources, the state government will continue to sponsor pilgrims to Jerusalem as Rivers State is totally a Christian State.
Speaking at the the Launch of the 'Win A Trip to Israel, WATTI, Promo organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission, NCPC, on Friday , Governor Wike said that the youths will be trained to acquire skills to be self-reliant.
He said : "200 youths will go for vocational training and skills acquisition in Israel. The training programme will help the youths to acquire relevant skills for self sustenance ".
On the "Win A Trip to Israel " Promo, the governor announced that the state government will purchase 150 lottery tickets for each of the 319 wards of the state at N23million.
He said that the state government tickets will only be distributed to the less privileged, noting that privileged Rivers people should sponsor others.
In his remarks, the Executive Secretary of NCPC, John Kennedy Opara said the WATTI promo is aimed at assisting less privileged to perform the holy pilgrimage.
He said that pilgrimage is a tool for moral and spiritual rebirth.
Highpoint of the occasion was the flag off of WATTI Promo by the governor with the first set of winners emerging.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
6th May, 2016.

http://www.viviangist.com/governor-wike-approves-vocational-training-for-200-youths-in-israel

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by viviangist: 6:51pm On May 06, 2016

Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by MosakuAW(m): 6:52pm On May 06, 2016
When will Nigerian stop this nonsense talk of saying Sokoto state is a Muslim state and Rivers is a Xtain state.

Untill we Nigerians leave this borrow religion alone and see ourselves as one irrespective of religion belief, we will never move forward.

Sending 200 less previledge to Isreal for vocational training is commendable, but what will happen to them when they return from the training and will government use them to train more people who are unable to go.

We have 'starting' in Nigeria, but lack 'finishing' just like so many abandon projects spread across the country.

May Allah continue to bless us all in Jesus name. Asee.
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by donbenedict(m): 6:52pm On May 06, 2016
If I say good job nw, attackers from left and right will just murder me.. leme just hold my comment

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by benedictnsi(m): 6:54pm On May 06, 2016
donbenedict:
If I say good job nw, attackers from left and right will just murder me.. leme just hold my comment

[size=14pt]
My friend never be afraid of saying the truth no matter how bitter it may sound to the ears of its hearers....

Truth is truth even if no one is saying it..... Lies will still be lies even when everyone is saying it..... [/size]
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by zico530(m): 6:58pm On May 06, 2016
Wike is the man. Working more than all APC governors put together.

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by donbenedict(m): 7:04pm On May 06, 2016
benedictnsi:

[size=14pt]
My friend never be afraid of saying the truth no matter how bitter it may sound to the ears of its hearers....

Truth is truth even if no one is saying it..... Lies will still be lies even when everyone is saying it..... [/size]
abi... I just like waht he did dats all.. at least he made it like a raffle draw, so dat idiotts will not nw begin to think the 200 people were specially selected. Let it be on merit
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by benedictnsi(m): 7:12pm On May 06, 2016
donbenedict:
abi... I just like waht he did dats all.. at least he made it like a raffle draw, so dat idiotts will not nw begin to think the 200 people were specially selected. Let it be on merit

[size=14pt] just like Etisalat.........

NOW YOU ARE TALKING [/size]
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by GogetterMD(m): 7:30pm On May 06, 2016
Sending youths to Isreal to learn carpentry, masonry and plumbing? At what cost What happened to our vocational schools?
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by oganology33(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2016
Weldon Sir! With the 200.
But I strongly suggest dat dis pilgrim sh!t shld stop. Itz a waste of funds. Govt shld stop sponsoring it. Churches shld.
After all, These pilgrims come back and continue in their wicked ways. Christians & Muslims alike.
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2016
He will continue sponsoring people On Pilgrimage?
Even as a Christian I just so dislike this
Use that money to feed the poor in your state Mr Wike.
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by manutdrichie(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2016
MosakuAW:

When will Nigerian stop this nonsense talk of saying Sokoto state is a Muslim state and Rivers is a Xtain state.

Untill we Nigerians leave this borrow religion alone and see ourselves as one irrespective of religion belief, we will never move forward.

Sending 200 less previledge to Isreal for vocational training is commendable, but what will happen to them when they return from the training and will government use them to train more people who are unable to go.

We have 'starting' in Nigeria, but lack 'finishing' just like so many abandon projects spread across the country.

May Allah continue to bless us all in Jesus name. Asee.

I see why you dey vex
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by Nobody: 9:48am On May 07, 2016
Was it in the budget?
Re: Wike Approves Vocational Training For 200 Youths In Israel - Photos by Houseofglam7(f): 9:49am On May 07, 2016
A welcome development it is.... But the part about River state being a Christian state is absolutely unnecessary undecided

Religion is the main cause of most of our problems.
I've been helped by Muslims way more than I've been helped by Christians.
We're humans first, every other thing is absolute bullshit undecided

(1) (Reply)

List Of Salaries Earned By World Leaders / Imo Still Reeks Of Filth, As Garbage Heaps Take Over Owerri- PIX / OMG! See What Niger Delta Militants Say They Will Do ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.