Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,441 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Machine Learning/data Science/analytics - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Machine Learning/data Science/analytics (6934 Views)

Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group / I Need Help On Learning Data Structure / The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 09, 2017
dfrost:

Please educate people that 'pip' only works from the python path if it's not in the PATH env.

Also not all versions of python supports pip. I think it starts from 2.8.x. I'll confirm when the day breaks.

If it's not in the Path env, they only need to add it there. I will add a link to a YouTube video so they'll be able to use it.

By the way, are you an ML engineer?
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by dfrost: 1:43pm On May 09, 2017
Gaara101:

1. If it's not in the Path env, they only need to add it there. 2. I will add a link to a YouTube video so they'll be able to use it.

By the way, are you an ML engineer?

1. Best way to add it is during installation. Going through the hassles of adding can scare a newbie.
2. That will be great.
3. Yes, albeit intermediate with Python.
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by dfrost: 1:51pm On May 09, 2017
Hi Gaara101, I just thought of something. Why not suggest that new users download Python 3.6.2 and Python 2.7.13 because Anaconda can actually scare beginners cheesy.

PS: Don't mind me, I'm a CL freak cheesy tongue.
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 09, 2017
dfrost:

1. Best way to add it is during installation. Going through the hassles of adding can scare a newbie.
2. That will be great.
3. Yes, albeit intermediate with Python.

Nice one. I'm just going wherever the wind blows me. There's just too much information to process. Through the help of a book, I'm currently implementing a single layer neural network, in other words; a Perception. I'm thinking of using it to solve the titanic problem on kaggle.

You know kaggle, right?
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 09, 2017
dfrost:
Hi Gaara101, I just thought of something. Why not suggest that new users download Python 3.6.2 and Python 2.7.13 because Anaconda can actually scare beginners cheesy.

PS: Don't mind me, I'm a CL freak cheesy tongue.

Pip also works with Python 2.7 as well
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by dfrost: 3:13pm On May 09, 2017
Gaara101:

Nice one. I'm just going wherever the wind blows me. There's just too much information to process. Through the help of a book, I'm currently implementing a single layer neural network, in other words; a Perception. I'm thinking of using it to solve the titanic problem on kaggle.

You know kaggle, right?

yep, repository for data. mention me when you do on the bold part.
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by dfrost: 3:13pm On May 09, 2017
Gaara101:

Pip also works with Python 2.7 as well

Yes of course wink. Are you white, gray or black?
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by calculator123(m): 8:45am On Jul 05, 2017
stumbled on this thread... I am glad...Please I am interested oh
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by Tobi9ja(m): 12:40am On Jul 12, 2017
I'm glad this kind of discussion is going on in Nigeria now. I've begun programming and analysing in R and it's such a powerful tool for data visualisations especially when combined with relevant packages. I keep having ideas everyday. If anyone is interested in exchanging ideas and materials, holla at me.
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by segbolon: 4:04am On Jul 12, 2017
I'm into that.

My tool of the trade for this is python, scipy, numpy, mathplotlib, superset, scikit, pandas & seaborn
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by benfluleck: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
If you are looking at visualization of data i implore you to have a look at the dash library there are some pretty cool things you can do with it
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
kenysbabe:

You are so so right YourLeader. There are so many things that can be done using data Science. I just built a predictive model for a telemarketing company in SA where their historical datasets were analysed and meaningful recommendations to assist in increasing number of sales of products made.

Also talking with a bank now that have just started their digital banking exercise so we can explore how Data Science will help strengthen risk management in areas such as cards fraud detection, financial crime compliance, credit scoring, stress-testing and cyber analytics. Also looking at how to predict which ATM machines/ branches get cash shortage to prevent that as much as we can and make customer experience better.

so so excited!

boss. teach me something. guide me please
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by martial2050: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
can you message me a whatsapp number I can reach you on.
DAPMAN601:
This thread is for Data scientists and Systems Engineers who are already in this field and want to share ideas,information, help in solving problems,it is also to help people who have jobs to recruit good hands and also,joint projects are allowed . We will be discussing on:

Machine learning(Regression,Svm,knn, neural networks etc.)

Big data (Hadoop,)

Social Network Analytics

Data Analysis and Visualization(Power BI,Tableau, ggplot2,matplotlib etc)

A follow up of this will be on WhatsApp. Please message me on WhatsApp to add you to the follow up group.08132409600.
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 27, 2019
Nice thread.

I'm into theoretical machine learning.
Re: Machine Learning/data Science/analytics by AlphaSoul: 6:55am On Aug 19, 2021
YourLeader:
Data Analysis and Business Intelligent is actually the way forward, as there is already too much data existing in Nigeria (let alone the world). R programming and Python remains the leading High Level Languages for Big Data Analysis (Not to forgive the Boss Hadoop Ecosystem). Funny how Nigerian Businesses and Company are yet to embrace this field, because there is so much insight in that data laying down just there in your database.

Really no single data is a waste.. Who believed something like "Association Rule" aka "Market Basket Analysis", "Cluster" can be carried out on all shoppers list in a say Spar to determine Associations between what different shoppers are picking in Spar or Shoprite. Now the Business will know what Brand people really love to buy and there focus on that Brand.

Equally "Time Serials Analysis" can be done on this same data to get insights on what time of the Year the Business needs to focus on having a particular kinda of product and when to reduce investment on such products.

In the world of Business Intelligent, one must have to equip one's self with Tableau and Microsoft PowerBI as this two have proven to hold their own in the market share of Business Intelligent.

A lot is going on in the world of Big Data Analysis and is high time Nigerians key into it.

Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Build A Snakes And Ladders Game With C++ (no Gui) / Aptech Or University Route? Which Is Better? / Web Development Using PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.