Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community (981 Views)

FAKE Picture Trending On Whatsapp As "Fulani Herdsmen" Attacks On Lagos Ibadan E / President Buhari And Aisha Arrive In Turkey For D-8 Summit (Photos) / Three Doctors Arrive In Aso Rock To Treat President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by Nobody: 10:23am On May 07, 2016
Palpable tension has gripped residents of Igbo-Ukwu community in Aguata Council area in Anambra State, as over 100 strangers believed to be Fulani migrants arrived the area in the early hours of Monday.

It was gathered that the suspected refugees were seen trooping into the community for their safety, having fled Enugu State for fear of being attacked by irate youths.

However, it was not immediately ascertained if they were herdsmen.

It was further gathered that the alleged refugees, who arrived with their families and personal belongings, had moved straight to Hausa/Fulani community in the area, where their members received them.

But the traditional ruler of Igbo-Ukwu community, Igwe Martin Ezeh, Idu II, who confirmed the development yesterday, told newsmen that he had personally visited them, spoken with their leaders and assured them of their safety in the community, provided they would not cause trouble.

The monarch advised his subjects to accommodate the them in the spirit of one Nigeria.
“It is not the custom in Igboland to chase out someone who runs to you for safety, it would only be a different thing if the stranger elements later constitutes a security risk to the host community,” he said.

While Igwe Ezeh said he believed in unity in diversity, he urged all the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to see each other as one, believing it is the only panacea to lasting peace in the country.

He also identified tribal sentiment as the bane of peace and national integration, which must be eschewed.
Coming hard on agitators, including the Boko Haram, Indigenous People of Biafra, and Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra or any other self-actualization group, he described their demand as unrealistic, insisting that such will not help us.

Source: www.facebook.com/AnambraOnline
Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by Nobody: 10:24am On May 07, 2016
I hope the Igwe of Igbo-Ukwu does not regret this gesture one day
Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by ahaz: 10:27am On May 07, 2016
prince3009:
I hope the Igwe of Igbo-Ukwu does not regret this gesture
exactly my taught, but i trust d fulani to betray the golden aspect of igbo culture with there knack for stupidity

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by macluvph1(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2016
prince3009:
I hope the Igwe of Igbo-Ukwu does not regret this gesture

Simple, they should relocate all the fulani men that just arrived Igbo-ukwu to the kings(igwe) palace.

From henceforth they should operate from there. One Nigeria my foot.

7 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by chikel2000(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2016
Just their mere presence is causing panic n one fool just said fulani is free to go anywhere
Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by EasternLeopard: 10:29am On May 07, 2016
After sometime they will invade the community if the community let down their guard.

Send them back to the North until they stop herding.

4 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by DaBullIT(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2016
PROPAGANDA AS USUAL

2 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by Nobody: 10:36am On May 07, 2016
They are not running from any thing
Nothing dey drive them
Na them dey drive people
Na them people dey run from
Igwe -ibo pls go back ask them how long they staying and then tell them how long you want them to stay.
If they mention one negeria then you know this is trouble.

long live
Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by ridwanayo(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2016
I hope they don't regret welcoming fulani's into there land
Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by LoveMachine(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2016
Too many e-gangsters on NL. As if any of you would dare utter these words in the presence of HRH.
Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by gidgiddy: 10:48am On May 07, 2016
prince3009:
I hope the Igwe of Igbo-Ukwu does not regret this gesture one day

Every community that ever took this people in later regretted it

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani "Refugees" Arrive In Anambra Community by ozy4christ(f): 11:12am On May 07, 2016
Am not shaking cos i trust my gov.A no nonsense man who doesnt take any bullshit cos he cant take any shit frm dem if dey invade him farms

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government And The Injustice Called Amnesty (by- Howmon) / Biafra Or Death! A Lesson From Ipob Leader! / ISLAMIZATION: A Bill To Upgrade Sharia In Nigeria Has Passed 2nd Reading [DOCUME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.