Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Compilation Of 1975 Watchtower Quotes 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Compilation Of 1975 Watchtower Quotes 2 (403 Views)

Watchtower: Quotes On The Black Race / Jwfacts- Compilation Of My Favorite Watchtower Quotes / My Compilation Of 1975 end of the world Watchtower Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Compilation Of 1975 Watchtower Quotes 2 by paulGrundy(m): 11:21am On May 07, 2016
Continuation of this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3033798/compilation-1975-end-world-watchtower

“Back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acherson declared that our time is “a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence” And he warned: “I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in fifteen years from today this world is going to be too dangerous to live in”” The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life p.9 1968 edition

The revised edition published in 1981, replaced this quote to read as follows:

“Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is “a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence.” Based on what he knew was then going on in the world, it was his conclusion that soon “this world is going to be too dangerous to live in.”” The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life p.9

Likewise the 1968 edition contained a quote from the book Famine–1975! referring to how unlivable the world would be by 1975.

“”By 1975 civil disorder, anarchy, military dictatorships, runaway inflation, transportation breakdowns and chaotic unrest will be the order of the day in many of the hungry nations.””The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life pp.88-89

The 1981 edition replaced this with a 1980 quote on famine from the London Times.
Re: My Compilation Of 1975 Watchtower Quotes 2 by rottennaija(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2016
Re: My Compilation Of 1975 Watchtower Quotes 2 by paulGrundy(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2016
"Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3
How Are You Using Your Life?

"Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfilment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time." Awake! 1974 Nov 8 p.11

(1) (Reply)

[b][b]which Is The Best Religion? / All In Store Right Now.. / What Is The Origin Of The Symbol Of The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.