Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

It Is Not Late - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Is Not Late (470 Views)

Late Bloom(a Short Story) / Late Kate Foster (graphic Horror) / Late Rush! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not Late by berndodlion(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2016
#YOU_CAN_STILL_MAKE_A_TURN

The rain had just stopped but the cloud was still dark. It looks like it will still rain. I hurried out of the house, wouldn't miss fellowship today because I haven't been to it for a week now.

I was stopped from attending fellowship by these same weather and not today again. Reaching the park in a hurry, boarded a bus. It looks like the bus was heading to my destination.

I wasn't sure but from how it parked and with the kind of people inside, it certainly must be going my way. I never bothered to ask them, I thought it must be late now since we just moved and the last person was told that the bus is filled.

Even if it wasn't going my destination, how can I just stop now. It will look stupid as I talked within me. Reaching the roundabout that will determine its direction, it was now certain that it was going opposite my destination.

I can't drop here now, this roundabout is still close to the bus stop. How will they look at me as I pondered. We were now further the way.

No, I must drop now, I don't even know the area where the bus was going. At least I know here better, I can trace my way to the fellowship from here. But the distance is more than 2km. I finally dropped. I waited a little for bike but couldn't see anyone.

I didn't have any option than to trek. I made it to fellowship finally but about 10mins late. If I had dropped earlier, I would have been 15mins earlier.

We most times make assumptions in life. We see a person or organization and assume it is a good association. We see how they dress, talked and act and we say that's the way we will do as well.

Some have even chosen a wrong course of study because they think is their calling. That it worked for A doesn't mean that it will work for B.

Many have realised that they are heading the wrong direction but yet are afraid of people to make a turn. It is your life and not theirs and you are responsible for any decision you make be it good or bad.

It is better to make a decision for the right because the consequences of the wrong can be great. It doesn't matter how long that relationship has lasted as far as it's not leading to the right destination, unboard (end it) now.

Some one said that it is better to have a broken relationship than a broken marriage.

It is not late yet

(1) (Reply)

Konkon Below / But I Have Come And Done / The Black Water Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.