Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,911 members, 7,841,458 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes (19751 Views)

$1.2bn Zungeru Power Plant Completion Date Shifted To 2020 / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra / Photos Of President Buhari As He Resumes Work Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by Nobody: 11:48am On May 08, 2016
989900:

I'm sorry if it came off that way, I do not mind intelligent opposing views -- it makes us learn more, however, your response felt like you quoted the wrong person, 'cause it sounded totally not related to my angle.
Don't mind me. The situation we have found ourselves is tiring. As if common sense has eluded us as a people. I pray fashola does it right. I am so sure he won't disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by fizufizy: 11:58am On May 08, 2016
OLADD:

So after striving to provide power and security to our homes through generators and local vigilante, we would be the ones chasing militants? What's the primary function of Buhari and Fashola in govt? Haba!
confirm wailer.
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by princejayboss: 12:21pm On May 08, 2016
Naija cannot have 106hrs steady power supply..... At least until we go to the basics..... And giving the man the job he knows
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 08, 2016
China completed the 20,000MW "three gorges dam" in way back 2003 and we are constructing 700MW power plant in the year 2016 and some people are shining their teeth...NONSENSE!!!!
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by billyG(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2016
malton:

Okay, thanks for the correction. I started following up electricity quite recently, so my knowledge might not be quite as indepth on the subject. I've seen my stated reason as why. Guess it was only a generalization.

slowpoke, take your crass self somewhere else!

You don't go about labelling silly tags on people you barely know anything about!
Dnt just jump in2 a discussion if u know lil' or nothing ask q/s instead of spreading falsehood.
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by billyG(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2016
OLADD:

Education is one thing but been wise is another. This is how people like you fail common comprehension in school. Pls point to any part of my post where I mentioned the word CANCEL. There's is a difference between cancel and review. Pls learn to be attentive anywhere you're.
Review what?are u saying something is wrong with yur Hero's electricity plan?
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by obailala(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2016
OLADD:
Sentiment aside, has anybody noticed that Fashola hasn't introduced any initiative on power improvement apart from recycling existing roadmap which he and other APC leaders (including Buhari) roundly condemned in the past? Having accused the last govt of awarding power projects to its cronies, one would have expected this govt to embark on massive review of the power contracts toward fast tracking electricity improvement but alas, it's déjà vu. Well, we know Buhari can't touch the owners of the GENCOs and DISCOs. Na only Dasuki, Deziani, Obanikoro FFK etc dem fit probe.
A lot of white elephant power projects litter the landscape, it would be a foolish thing to start new ones (for politics' sake) instead of trying to see how the multitude of uncompleted and barely started projects can be brought to life and completed. An example it the Mambilla hydro dam project which has been on the drawing board for over 30 years, are you by any means suggesting that it is a wise thing to abandon that project and start creating new ones?
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by obailala(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2016
chudionu58:
Am beginning to believe that these idiots I argue with here on NL are paid afterall and are terribly shameless! These fools never believed in any project flagged off by Jonathan, instead all were preaching change!! Suddenly, the idiots have made a 360° swerve to be preaching continuity!!! These fools have thunderously pretended as if "nothing new should be expected from the government of change"....Instead what we are seeing are deliberately ignorant praise singing.
Big Shame on nairaland APC supporters!
Nobody laments a completed project, but when you kick-start 1000 projects at once (apparently for election campaign purposes) but pay only 1% of the required cost in 5 years, you will be criticised.

Nobody criticises anybody for flagging off projects, people only get criticised for not progressing or completing the projects they commence. So before you continue displaying your irrational paranoia, out of the numerous projects flagged off by GEJ, kindly tell us how many were really progressed?
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by OLADD: 3:41pm On May 08, 2016
Yungbitz:

A fool will always remain a fool..continue to wallow in your self induced mental decadence

Your entre lineage are fools. Next...
Re: Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes by chrisooblog: 3:22pm On May 09, 2016
this should help

https://www.nairaland.com/3094236/fashola-reveals-road-map-incremental

OLADD:

No, compatriot. No rational thinking person would canvass for discontinuation of existing projects for new ones They must be complimentary. However, I find it unreconcilable for Fashola and Buhari not to introduce new initiatives that are different from the existing ones which they completely rubbished as a waste prior to the last election. By now, this govt should be focusing on alternative source(s) of power generation other than the gas and hydro powered ones. All the noises made in the rundown to the 2015 elections on electricity turnaround were mere hoax and election winning lies.That's my take.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: EndSARS Protest Is Politically Motivated For 2023 Elections / Voting Start In Lagos APC Gubernatorial Primary Election / Again Two Suicide Bombers Blow Selves Up In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.