Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking (18815 Views)

Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. / How Regenerative Braking Works / Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by vacanci: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
Hello everyone, I am using a Toyota corolla S 04, I observed that whenever I apply little break, there is a sound that emanate from the wheels, both at d front and back. The sound is so annoying that I feel reluctant to apply breaks when needed. I ve changed the break pad and break disc but no changes. Pls car gurus, I need ur suggestions. This is my first ever post on auto section.

get the original front breakpads. you can order it and have peace of mind.

I have been using original breakpad for same type of corolla for past 10 years. i have replaced it only three times because it last very long.

I am in Abuja and have always bought from Emodi enterprises. They are dealers of toyota OEMs only.

put a call across and perhaps they will be able to deliver it to your location. The last time i bought it in December last year, it was 24k but you have peace of mind. Frankly, a mechanic has offered to install breakpads in my car inclusive of the pads and labour for 3k. I just laughed and brought out my pads and ask him to install it and i paid 1k for labour. Ensure your mechanic doesn't rub them together or use sand papers for smoothening as they usually do with the substandard breakpads bought for between N2,500 and N5,000.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by colestephan86: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
Hello everyone, I am using a Toyota corolla S 04, I observed that whenever I apply little break, there is a sound that emanate from the wheels, both at d front and back. The sound is so annoying that I feel reluctant to apply breaks when needed. I ve changed the break pad and break disc but no changes. Pls car gurus, I need ur suggestions. This is my first ever post on auto section.
There are two things
1 your breakpad might have worn-out
2. The disk might need little cleaning
It's nothing to worry about
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by uthmaniac(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
You need a quality brake pad. If you aren't not buying it yourself, make sure they get a good one for you.

Ask the mechanic to tighten the brake clipper, clean the surface of the brake disc, if the brake disc is scratch, ask to clean with "sam" paper.

geovidal:
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by bimbodotun(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
the break pad u bought is not original.....u need to change the pad.....get asimco or get a recommended replacement part from your dealer
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by ceej(m): 6:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Check your wheel bearings or HUB.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by oyeb15: 6:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
replace the brake callipers. Soon it will be holding down the wheels and smoke will be coming out.

The vehicle won't even accelerate well after braking

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by temi1526: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's break pad, don't allow mechanic chop you, ask of Asimco break pads or Naquin.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by somez(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Buy High Q
geovidal:
ok,pls what type of break pad do you recommend
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by LaSenior: 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Check out your break pad pin and hooks also check the calipers
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mynd44,since 2016 fa!
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by HernanCortes: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
water on the break? I just changed the pad and the shocks are quite good.

The brake pads are low quality
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Tobitrueman(m): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
thanks. the problem is my location, I am not based in Lagos, the disc was changed cos I also noticed shaking of the steering when applying break, though it has stopped

I'm having same shaking of the steering too when applying break on my Toyota Corolla CE 2006

Was it after changing the disc that the shaking stopped?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Aaay: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Take it to mechanic
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by nesgeeek(m): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
change ur break pad
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Blessedjyde: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Check the brake lining at the back legs
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by 360command: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
masterpiece86:
Your shaft has caved in. Exactly wat happen to my Corolla LE yesterday afternoon....wen I engage the gear it produces grinding sound. I couldn't move the car even for an inch then I called the mechanic and he got a new shaft for 8k and then I move...
your problem is shaft. You need to change the front shaft but you need to know if it is the right or left. So do a left turn or right turn to determine which side is bad.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Stallione(m): 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Either ur break pads or calipa
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Ugochukwu122(m): 1:54am On Mar 31, 2022
geovidal:

The brake pad lining in the calliper is actually responsible for the noise. Change the brake calliper entirely and it will stop. I just fixed my own yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. / This Is Audi's 1st Electric Car,2019 E-tron SUV Will Go 250mi On A Single Charge / Lamborghini Builds It’s 8,000th Huracan In Just 3 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.