Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

How Tiwa And Omawunmi's Interviews Faulted Nigerian Journalism - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Tiwa And Omawunmi's Interviews Faulted Nigerian Journalism (592 Views)

Hear From The African Greatest Wizkid,davido,dbanj,tuface,tiwa And Knw How The / AFRIMMA 2016 Awards Winners' List: Tiwa Savage & Yemi Alade Turn Biggest Losers / So Disappointed At Tiwa And Tbillz Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tiwa And Omawunmi's Interviews Faulted Nigerian Journalism by saminduka(m): 3:25am On May 08, 2016
Back at the university were I was trained in journalism, curricular focus was on both Print and electronic media. Folks were expected to be familiar with both but advised to have a preference based on hands-on skills.[img]

Maybe that's exactly why I don't have any disappointments for This Day's Azuka Ogujiuba (Tiwa's interviewer in that controversial interview) because I understand she was trained for print media and not for electronic media.[img]

What I cannot deal rather, is the unprofessional, unskilled, ill-prepared route taken by Zinnia in her interview with Omawunmi some days ago.
You are an entertainment journalist, with the rare opportunity of having an A-List artiste on your show and your first real question was about the paternity of her children?
Ishi'gi odikwa mma?
As in, which type of Satan attacked your sense of reason?

Zinnia went on to ask why has Omawunmi not featured any African artistes on any of her songs.
What? Are you serious?
How could an interviewer not have known that her guest just had a song where she featured one of Africa's bests- Angelique Kidjo?[img]
I can't believe that (even in this information driven age) a 'journalist' will host an interview without running background checks on the interviewee.
Such interviews should not be treated negligibly. In actual fact, non should.

Another wahala I have with modern Nigerian electronic media is the fake and synthetic accent that is always in use.
My Mom loves to listen to Radio somuch. She loves Nigeria Info and Cool FM. But each time a particular OAP comes on air (Cool FM) she changes the dial. Her take - "I don't like the way she sounds. She's fake."
Don't get it twisted, you should get your pronunciations right but that doesn't mean you should sound like TinkiWinki, Lala, and Poh (if you can ralate).

Call me 'old skool' but that's why I still listen to Radio Rivers 99.1 fm. They may have a cheaper programme content than the other stations (which is my problem with them) but their OAPs are real with distinct/proven abilities to pronounce words like the British without losing their African touch.

Re: How Tiwa And Omawunmi's Interviews Faulted Nigerian Journalism by akinboj308(m): 4:17am On May 08, 2016
really
Re: How Tiwa And Omawunmi's Interviews Faulted Nigerian Journalism by Mologi(m): 6:36am On May 08, 2016
Thank you for the observation,we will look into it sir!!!!

Mo n wa iyawo oooo

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa And Omawunmi's Interviews Faulted Nigerian Journalism by Tinkuzia: 10:40am On May 08, 2016
Nice share mate. Thanks.
Actually Radio Rivers 99.1 FM is also my favorite radio channel.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Lynxxx - Serve You (prod By Spax) / Disk Jockeys Needed! / Video: New Videos From Timaya And Teckno , Club Bangers !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.