Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Your BIBLE Version, Complete Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your BIBLE Version, Complete Or Not? (308 Views)

5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your BIBLE Version, Complete Or Not? by Adonis3: 7:38am On May 08, 2016
Happy Sunday fellas,

So I just got back from the Jail some mod put me (I suspect lalasticlala undecided) and I decided to share this wonderful piece with y'all, would really appreciate the opinions and comments from enlightened folks smiley.

Before I proceed, let me ask this question: What Bible version do you use and how complete is it?

This started the day I wanted to quote a particular passage and I couldn't really remember how to put it, then I rushed to my NIV Bible to put myself through, but guess what......... I COULDN'T FIND IT shocked oh yeah, it wasn't there. A confused me quickly grabbed another Bible (without checking the version) and I did find it there, but then that was a KJV version.

Extra confused, I went online and began to make research on Bible versions and then I found a whole lot more issues with the NIV version, of which I'll be sharing a few here.

First, Romans 8:1
According to the KJV: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now according to the NIV: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Matthew 18:11
KJV: For the Son of man is come to save that
which was lost.

NIV: (it isn't there)

1John 5:7&8
KJV: 7- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8- And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

NIV: 7- For there are three that testify: 8- the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Colossians 1:14
KJV: In whom we have redemption through his
blood
, even the forgiveness of sins:

NIV: in whom we have redemption, the
forgiveness of sins.

Romans 16:24
KJV: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be
with you all. Amen.

NIV: Oops!

Now God tells us that the Bible is pure, is truth, and
words are not to be added to or removed from it. However when two translations of the Bible say two different things in the same verse, subconsciously people's trust in the purity, and absolute truth of the Bible is eroded. When two translations say different things, which one is truth? Or are they both what God said? Christians then have to become judges of Scripture and pick which reading they like best. Therefore you hear "I like the way it says it in this translation," rather than "This is what God says."

As Christians we need to know what is truth, and what translations of the Bible can be trusted as having all the Words of God. We need a firm foundation, not the shifting sand of Bible versions in which the words are continually changing.

Have a nice day!

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 14th May, 2016 / Defence Act / UNDERSTANDING Being Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.