Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

#vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) (25832 Views)

2018 Headies: Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tiwa & Simi – Artiste Of The Year Award? / AFRIMA 2017: Full Winners List / Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by WizPrince1(m): 11:25pm On May 08, 2016
Juxtified:
What happened to other Nigerian Artistes? The only Nigerian name I recognize there is WizKid

Oga, it's Ghana Music Awards and NOT Nigeria... gat it?
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by FanYogo1(f): 11:25pm On May 08, 2016
mayorjosh:

olamide sings in yoruba

if it was an artist that always sang in their language would you give him the award when fuse odg is there?

Keep quiet. Hater.

1 Like

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Lucremoy(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2016
Frankiss44:

Bros your English fit give person Migraine oh.. I read am like 4 times but the thing nor stl make sense...
some people just want to comment..
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by musablinkz: 11:31pm On May 08, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]some pray make i fall, but what eva i touch turns into gold☑️
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Maryojoma(f): 11:36pm On May 08, 2016
wizzy baba nla gbogbo won.... ride on

1 Like

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by mayorjosh(m): 11:37pm On May 08, 2016
jide219:
ogbeni shut up
alaye I be yoruba boy but truth be told ojuelegba , the track that brought all this for wizkid was huge globally. even bigger than olamide entire album.no need for the "shut up".be a gentleman and stay cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by spanzed(m): 11:38pm On May 08, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:

You will always find it difficult to believe.

Wizkid is very talented.
when It comes to talent go pay homage to Olamide first before u mention wizkid is it because he is having international collaborations now....neither of them aren't talented.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by mayorjosh(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

Keep quiet. Hater.
what is this mumu saying?

all I was doing was giving a reason why he didn't get the award and BTW ojuelegba beat olamides entire album.stay cool
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Omotaday(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2016
mayorjosh:

olamide sings in yoruba

if it was an artist that always sang in their language would you give him the award when fuse odg is there?
why did they nominate Olamide then? Stop saying what you dont know.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by mayorjosh(m): 11:48pm On May 08, 2016
Omotaday:
why did they nominate Olamide then? Stop saying what you dont know.
I was si.ply tryna make a point and you people dinnor let me land.Ojuelegba was a global hit compared to whatever olamide sang last year. I'm not saying olamide wasn't great infact he had a wonderful year but that ojuelegba track alone....you should understand better if you're as intelligent as I imagine you to be
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 08, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
Aunty old stinky P will not write this on her blog site.

She only writes about eviction notice
oga i tink is high tym u left d babe alone..beef s normal n i tink dey hv both mov on..as 4 writin anytin abt wizkid,i tink s ha xclusiv choice.

2 Likes

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Juxtified(m): 11:54pm On May 08, 2016
WizPrince1:

Oga, it's Ghana Music Awards and NOT Nigeria... gat it?

ipledge5:
it's Ghana music award,it happens that they included best artist in Africa category,and it was won by a Nigerian

Oh, I see!
Thanx.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Omotaday(m): 12:13am On May 09, 2016
mayorjosh:

I was si.ply tryna make a point and you people dinnor let me land.Ojuelegba was a global hit compared to whatever olamide sang last year. I'm not saying olamide wasn't great infact he had a wonderful year but that ojuelegba track alone....you should understand better if you're as intelligent as I imagine you to be
I am not talking about that, you said he sings in Yoruba that is why he could not win the award.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by mikron(m): 12:25am On May 09, 2016
optional1:
Congrat to them but y only one Nigeria artist.
the topic says 2016 Vodafone Ghana Music awards not Nigerian music awards. so we should not expect to be there
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by GloriaNinja(f): 12:48am On May 09, 2016
He is better than olamide and Davido.

1 Like

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by shamecurls(m): 1:47am On May 09, 2016
Smelling pussycat be like dying Tonight
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by chaiks: 2:05am On May 09, 2016
Congrats wizkidayo. May we prosper young like you.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Henryadaku(m): 2:58am On May 09, 2016
jide219:
ogbeni shut up

You mumu I swear.....so Make Ghanaians vote for olamide when fem no dey hia Yoruba....don't you get? Nah Ghana stop being a bitch
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by brajy(m): 3:28am On May 09, 2016
if i were to be d one that announced d award i would have said World best artist of d year is currently WIZKID BABA NLA.
LOVE YOU BRO

1 Like

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by optional1(f): 4:41am On May 09, 2016
mikron:
the topic says 2016 Vodafone Ghana Music awards not Nigerian music awards. so we should not expect to be there

Ok tnx!
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Nobody: 5:15am On May 09, 2016
Odoriferous puna, park well o.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Obas101(m): 5:30am On May 09, 2016
optional1:
Congrat to them but y only one Nigeria artist.
It's Ghana music awards
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by sanity12(m): 5:45am On May 09, 2016
Yoruba boiz reppin evrywhere we go....proud of u bro....
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Niyinficient(m): 5:46am On May 09, 2016
Who all of dem epp? undecided
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by ise82(m): 5:53am On May 09, 2016
He is baba nla!
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by nightmile: 5:53am On May 09, 2016
brajy:
if i were to be d one that announced d award i would have said World best artist of d year is currently WIZKID BABA NLA.
LOVE YOU BRO

Don't make Ibo-la people vex oh.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Ericardo7(m): 6:07am On May 09, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:

Wizkid is very talented.

Ogbeni, Olamide deserves the award more than Wizkid. Lets celebrate hardwork for once. The guy keeps churning out hit tracks back to back. Even M.I himself attested to this fact. Wizkid is very talented, we all agree. But African Artiste of the Year, should have gone to Olamide. He's been topnotch and consistent over the past few years.

1 Like

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by sassiemyk: 6:35am On May 09, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
Aunty old stinky P will not write this on her blog site.

She only writes about eviction notice

why can't just grow up?

2 Likes

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by murmee: 6:48am On May 09, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:

Wizkid is very talented.
Really?
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by chyket(m): 6:52am On May 09, 2016
jide219:
Rubbish, wetin wizkid sing last year and dis year, let's be sincere this award belongs to olamide because he is our Africa artiste of the year Bleep that shit baba iyayo, every fucking single was a hit from bobo to Lagos boys to abule sowo, koni dafun iya anybody.
Its going to be very difficult for Olamide to win this because he sings predominantly in Yoruba language,not many Africans understand Yoruba language.Wizkid and Davido are way ahead of him internationally because the average person can listen and understand the lyrics of their songs.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by uchennaq(m): 6:58am On May 09, 2016
MRLINGTON:
no be beef o...buh Olamide nd Davido re ahead for last year nd even dis year...well maybe cos of he foreign moves..the nigga z way blessed tho

Guy park oneside.. Let Olamide and Davido FT Drake.. NONSENSE TALK
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by uchennaq(m): 6:59am On May 09, 2016
murmee:
Really?

What do you mean by really? Do you know the definition of being talented. Go to Itune and spotify. Mtweeeeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamide: My Next Album 'Unruly' 95% Ready, May Be My Last / All Black Lives Matter Launches "I Can Breath" Song Against Racism, Injustice / Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.