Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out - Education (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out (195684 Views)

2016/2017 LAUTECH Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out / 2016/2017 University of Jos Postgraduate Admission List Is Out / 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Quick recap of today's Congress....
First, do you know we were not supposed to a dime to the department?
That there's a certain amount that goes to the department from your sch fees?
That the 15k we were charged for was not supposed to be collected?
That we were supposed to report to the Dean of PG school that we were being asked to pay the 15k?
Secondly, do you know we pay for Bench top facilities and yet they keep giving us excuses in the laboratory of lack of this and that?

That aside, the Congress started in the late afternoon. The Dean of PG school was kind enough to squeeze out time from his tight schedule to grace the occasion, he gave justification for the hike in the fees and students responded promptly.
Bitter reactions, lamentations, comments, suggestions were made.
And after about 2 hours of peaceful dialogue, he concluded that he'll give a report of the Congress to the appropriate quarters(VC and Co.)and thereafter give us a feedback through the Students' Representatives.
The students raised a motion to have a Townhall meeting which will include the VC, distinguished Deans and HODs of various faculties and departments for anoda dialogue session.
So as it is now, we're waiting for a response from the VC,
Stakeholders/Spokespersons have been selected to represent us.
We are strongly adviced not to pay any fee YET.
#TotalReversalOfFeeHike
Yours truly Zeemalik! ✌

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Sambest2(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
ezybaba:
Quick recap of today's Congress....
First, do you know we were not supposed to a dime to the department?
That there's a certain amount that goes to the department from your sch fees?
That the 15k we were charged for was not supposed to be collected?
That we were supposed to report to the Dean of PG school that we were being asked to pay the 15k?
Secondly, do you know we pay for Bench top facilities and yet they keep giving us excuses in the laboratory of lack of this and that?

That aside, the Congress started in the late afternoon. The Dean of PG school was kind enough to squeeze out time from his tight schedule to grace the occasion, he gave justification for the hike in the fees and students responded promptly.
Bitter reactions, lamentations, comments, suggestions were made.
And after about 2 hours of peaceful dialogue, he concluded that he'll give a report of the Congress to the appropriate quarters(VC and Co.)and thereafter give us a feedback through the Students' Representatives.
The students raised a motion to have a Townhall meeting which will include the VC, distinguished Deans and HODs of various faculties and departments for anoda dialogue session.
So as it is now, we're waiting for a response from the VC,
Stakeholders/Spokespersons have been selected to represent us.
We are strongly adviced not to pay any fee YET.
#TotalReversalOfFeeHike
Yours truly Zeemalik! ✌

Good, but some of us already paid in a bid to secure hostel accommodation before this information reached us. Hope this fee hike is reversed and our money returned.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Sambest2:

Good, but some of us already paid in a bid to secure hostel accommodation before this information reached us. Hope this fee hike is reversed and our money returned.
lolz..ifh refund
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Sambest2(m): 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
lolz..ifh refund
Ahhh, they must refund me ooo if they reduce the fee.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
D Dean of PG school attempted d justify the increment in examination fee and UI developmental fee, he also explained d inclusion of departmental development fee and supervisory fee but his reasons were jettisoned by intellectual opinions of PG students

A guy informed PG dean dat d 2009 FG agreement with federal govt made d supervisory allowance a govt responsibility so we won't pay for that...in summary d students in one voice called for the TOTAL REVERSAL OF INCREMENT IN THE PG FEE.
Please it is very important that we all participate in this struggle by not NOT PAYING THE FEES. With the current atmosphere the management will reverse d increment if not... The students are ready for battle
Tell ur friends to tell a friend... Rebroadcast to all social networks UITES say NO to fee Increment
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by SUCCESSUCHE: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Please note that UI does not have a good tradition of refunding money back. If u have paid den u are on ur own... If u have not paid, please don't pay. PG school cannot come and do campaign after election. D students were not consulted befor d increment was carried out...We want TOTAL REVERSEMENT OF THE FEES INCREMENT. #SAY NO TO FEE HIKE#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
SUCCESSUCHE:
Please note that UI does not have a good tradition of refunding money back. If u have paid den u are on ur own... If u have not paid, please don't pay. PG school cannot come and do campaign after election. D students were not consulted befor d increment was carried out...We want TOTAL REVERSEMENT OF THE FEES INCREMENT. #SAY NO TO FEE HIKE#
gbam...the money don go be that!!…i pray they reverse it soonest
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
gbam...the money don go be that!!…i pray they reverse it soonest
they can carry d money forward till next year wen u will be paying for d third semester
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Sambest2(m): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
ezybaba:
they can carry d money forward till next year wen u will be paying for d third semester

That's good but if given an option, I'll prefer immediate refund.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by misseris(f): 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Geography dept sent a second recommendation mail, what does it mean pls?
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
misseris:
Geography dept sent a second recommendation mail, what does it mean pls?
it means they are working on you application..very soon you will get letter...when were you recommended?
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Flawlessakanke: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
I also second recommendation since yesterday, since then nothing
babyfaceafrica:
it means they are working on you application..very soon you will get letter...when were you recommended?
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Flawlessakanke:
I also second recommendation since yesterday, since then nothing
lolz...within some days they send it,they are working on it
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by yusufdayo1: 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
same here bro
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by misseris(f): 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
i was recommended on d 14th of feb n got anoda recommendation mail again today.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Read this
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by SUCCESSUCHE: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Drama from a meeting with a top University official...
Student: we want to see u
UI officer: For what... U cannot ambush me into seeing u... I don't have time to waste on u people
Student: Sir we want you to address some complaints we have on the fee hike
UI Officer: what issues... U people don't have a choice o... We can hike the fees... ur only input is to pay.

Hmmmm this dictatorial government has to stop... The University is not anybody fathers house, it is an intellectual community made up of stakeholders in which the views of students should be upheld. Greatest Uite an injustice to one is an injustice to all. Let's say No to PG SCHOOL HIKE
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Lolz...make una chill o..cos na we go still suffer am..imagine since may last year,some of us have not received admission letter and it is looking likely that na April we will resume.. Hope the 18 months won't turn to 2 years.?...but ui no try for the fees
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by histrealite: 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
Goodevening! Pls, how may days will it take for the admission letter to be ready my status changed to Admission Letter Prepared 'Yes' today.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
histrealite:
Goodevening! Pls, how may days will it take for the admission letter to be ready my status changed to Admission Letter Prepared 'Yes' today.
which dept and when were you recommended?.. Give it one or 2 days
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by histrealite: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks bro... Human kinetics and Health education (Community Health). I got recommended on the 15th of Feb.
babyfaceafrica:
which dept and when were you recommended?.. Give it one or 2 days
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by yusufdayo1: 12:24am On Mar 03, 2017
I got a message to resume lectures on the 6th of march ( which is Monday) but am yet to receive admission mail. Am confused.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ernesterioo(f): 6:53am On Mar 03, 2017
how do I secure school accommodation biko
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2017
yusufdayo1:
I got a message to resume lectures on the 6th of march ( which is Monday) but am yet to receive admission mail. Am confused.
it does not matter just resume and start lecture so far u hav been recommended.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 7:58am On Mar 03, 2017
ernesterioo:
how do I secure school accommodation biko
until u pay ur tuition fees
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ernesterioo(f): 8:37am On Mar 03, 2017
ezybaba:
until u pay ur tuition fees
I did that on Tuesday
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Jojone: 8:50am On Mar 03, 2017
I did that on Tuesday
Pls how much did u pay
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by ezybaba(m): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2017
ernesterioo:
I did that on Tuesday
Kk just wait u. Very soon u will hav access to course form reg, medical Reg and accommodation reg
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Sambest2(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2017
ezybaba:
Kk just wait u. Very soon u will hav access to course form reg, medical Reg and accommodation reg

I have access to all already, its accommodation request sha.
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Jojone: 10:11am On Mar 03, 2017
How much is tuition fee
Re: 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out by Archbishop88: 10:58am On Mar 03, 2017
ezybaba:
it does not matter just resume and start lecture so far u hav been recommended.
which dpt is dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (71) (Reply)

Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) / Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2012/2013 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.