Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. (4575 Views)

Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / Osinbajo Orders 24 Hours Power Supply For Ariaria Market Aba / See What A Nigerian Prison In Kaduna Looks Like (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Puvor: 8:57pm On May 08, 2016
If government provides regular and spread out power supply, Nigerian cities will be beautiful at night.
You may wanna mistake this for a US suburban or maybe Capetown. But these are photos of Challenge, Bodija and Samonda, Ibadan at night.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Puvor: 8:59pm On May 08, 2016
More photos

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by jamex93(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2016

How e b for day time

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by oduastates: 9:04pm On May 08, 2016
I saw these pics two days ago on instagram.
Ibadan's future is bright.
Gives us light and let us shine.

Waiting for Alaafia ati tourism $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Photocredit : Naijaborn

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by vickylincon(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2016
op can lie o

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Puvor: 9:07pm On May 08, 2016
jamex93:

How e b for day time
Still not so bad.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 08, 2016
vickylincon:
op can lie o
How?!
Are you living in IB?
If you ain't, then stay away from the thread!
Mods should help to drag this Nuisance outa here pls!
Seems he's pained!

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by jamex93(m): 9:09pm On May 08, 2016
Puvor:
Still not so bad.

Cool
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by alatbaba1(m): 9:11pm On May 08, 2016
vickylincon:
op can lie o

Bad Belle is allowed. I hv been to all dis places Op posted. They are all true

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 08, 2016
In Keneking's voice - where is Lalasticlala sef!
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by vickylincon(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2016
alatbaba1:

Bad Belle is allowed. I hv been to all dis places Op posted. They are all true
just amazed not bad belle. if true, its good
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by vickylincon(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2016
adeyemi2015:

How?!
Are you living in IB?
If you ain't, then stay away from the thread!
Mods should help to drag this Nuisance outa here pls!
Seems he's pained!
who's nuisance BTW me and you. you can't make a point without insult. I pity you. anyway, at the image...heard ib no dey get light, dats y I counter it initially

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Pavore9: 9:21pm On May 08, 2016
Looking beautiful.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by oduastates: 9:30pm On May 08, 2016
More night shots from SSC.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by oduastates: 9:30pm On May 08, 2016
I criticised a footballer's pad today. This is what I meant when I did.
The house at the bottom is smaller but is all class.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by betterABIAstate: 9:33pm On May 08, 2016
Puvor:
More photos
is palms shopping mall not suppose to be in lekii Lagos?
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by YoruBanger: 9:34pm On May 08, 2016
betterABIAstate:

Ibadan get Palms as well.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by YoruBanger: 9:35pm On May 08, 2016
Jericho

New Bodija

Alalubosa

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Puvor: 9:35pm On May 08, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

You're being smart by half. We both know Ibadan would pass as the antonym of 'beautiful'. You can only fool those who haven't criss-crossed its terrain.

The poor drainage system , the overflowing, shallow gutters, the sprawling, putrid refuse dumped along potholes-riddled roads, the encroaching, unpainted houses in disrepair...

Need I go on? Even Abeokuta would seem like Lekki when compared to Ibadan and Abeokuta is still ancient.

You should redirect this hate-filled post to the right place, maybe your life or something. I'm not here for unnecessary back and forth. Pray tell how many Nigerian cities have the standard drainage system all over. Or the roads up there are from shanguila? There are bad roads everywhere in Nigeria and construction are still going on. Sanitation is not perfect yet but this is Ezekwesili's tweet about the sanitation in Ibadan after she visited last week. So you should swerve bro.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by Dollyak(f): 9:36pm On May 08, 2016
oduastates:
More night shots from SSC.
These are nice pictures. Personally, I think this state has the most potential after Lagos. It's a miracle the state is still surviving with the unfair pittance allocation.
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by betterABIAstate: 9:40pm On May 08, 2016
YoruBanger:

Ibadan get Palms as well.
i see, beautiful pix.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by DrDxtrz: 9:40pm On May 08, 2016
betterABIAstate:
There is a palm shopping mall in Ibadan if I could recall correctly, I visited the city for the first time some months ago, to visit a professor friend in the University of Ibadan, it's a nice place, also played couple arcade games at that V building, it's on the top floor. I most appreciate the traffic flow, way better than lagos, I spent two nights.
I plan to visit again in a few weeks when am free, basically the ancient parts of the city.‎

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by betterABIAstate: 9:41pm On May 08, 2016
DrDxtrz:

There is a palm shopping mall in Ibadan if I could recall correctly, I visited the city for the first time some months ago, to visit a professor friend in the University of Ibadan, it's a nice place, also played couple arcade games at that V building, it's on the top floor. I most appreciate the traffic flow, way better than lagos, I spent two nights.
I plan to visit again in a few weeks when am free, basically the ancient parts of the city.‎
oh, that's good, I never knew they had palms mall there.
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by christejames(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2016
Ibadan is cool at night...
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by oduastates: 9:44pm On May 08, 2016
DrDxtrz:

A lot of places in Nigeria have something going for them.
They are simply badly governed.
What ibadan has going for it right now is the start-up mentality of yaba in lagos. The youths just want to do their own thing.
However, South Africa sh*ts all over Nigeria that it makes all this look like celebrating mediocrity but you have to appreciate what is possible under bad circumstances.

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by babyfaceafrica: 9:45pm On May 08, 2016
@OP...light is bad in apete and UI environs..what's the problem?..and please which area has the best electricty in ibadan?
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by ki02020(m): 9:50pm On May 08, 2016
jamex93:

How e b for day time

Bad belle is allowed
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by alatbaba1(m): 9:56pm On May 08, 2016
vickylincon:
just amazed not bad belle. if true, its good

Issorite. I tot u r hating d city
Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by DrDxtrz: 9:56pm On May 08, 2016
betterABIAstate:
oh, that's good, I never knew they had palms mall there.
Yeah they do, I was surprised, i'd thought my Google map had re-routed into lagos at first haha, es una ciduad ermoso muchos.
They even have a pizza shop, I wasn't expecting a proper gas station lol. At least for a west African state, it's okay. The publicity about the place on the Nigerian web about the city isn't a reflection of what's on ground.
You should pay a visit, if you like traveling like me.‎

Re: Power Supply: What Ibadan Looks Like At Night. by DrDxtrz: 10:01pm On May 08, 2016
oduastates:

A lot of places in Nigeria have something going for them.
They are simply badly governed.
What ibadan has going for it right now is the start-up mentality of yaba in lagos. The youths just want to do their own thing.

Bad governance and corruption is the bane of most African countries, it's really worrying. 
Africa has what it takes to be a beautiful continent, the weather is great, little or no natural disasters, various depots of natural resources, I wouldn't understand why Africa has refused to get it right.

(1) (2)

More Fireworks Over List Of Public Treasury Looters / After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s Event / Enugu PDP Aspirants Reconcile, Opt To Work For Party’s Victory