Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

A Way That Seemeth Right But The End Is Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Way That Seemeth Right But The End Is Death (572 Views)

Is Death Really Bad? / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music) / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Way That Seemeth Right But The End Is Death by AAPS(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2016
SUNDAY SERMON
DATE: 08-05-2016
LIVINGVINE PROPHETIC MINISTRY, INC
LIVING VINE CHURCH (LVC) P.O. BOX 87,AKUNGBA AKOKO,ONDO STATE.
MINISTERING: PASTOR AJIDAHUN
CAPTION: A WAY THAT SEEMETH RIGHT BUT THE END IS DEATH
TEXT: proverb 14:12,16:25 (NKJV)

14:12-There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

16:25-There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

It was repeated for definite emphasis, by God {because scripture is written by inspiration of God(2 Tim. 3:16- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness}.

Let's look at the three lessons from this text

1. There's a way (which can be Plan,Decision,Path,Thought,Desire,Relationship)

2. Seems right ( Appears good, have form of Goodness,Looks good but not good).
The way it appears looks good to you ,won't appear negative, you may even have scripture to back it up.

3. End of that way is death ( only the wise can find this out)
-We all have plans to do so many things,but the end thereof is death, not all that glitters is gold.
-Devil makes SIN attractive,he present something that can kill you good,he packages sin
as a good thing. It takes a wise Man(Filled with HolySpirit)to know it.
-sometimes we take things acted as real things.Not everything that seems good are from God(Gen 3:6-6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate).
Also in 2 Samuel 11 David took a step that lead to sin of adultery and murder,and all these displeased God. Samson took a decision that cut short his destiny.
- Small decision leads to great loses

HOW TO KNOW THE WAYS(DECISION) WE TAKE WILL NOT LEAD TO DEATH
Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
* Wait to be led by the HolySpirit(those filled with the Holy spirit wait upon the Lord before taking decisions.
* When you are led by the Holy spirit you won't make presumptions.
* Learn how to decern(perceive,know)the right and evil way.
* Note: GREAT DECISION IN LIFE ARE NOT TAKEN BY NUMBER
* Test every decision,don't rely on your own understanding,seek counsel,judge your decision & actions,Be in spirit.

ACTION POINT
* IT IS BEST TO TAKE DECISION LATE THAN TO TAKE IT FAST AND LATER BITE YOUR FINGER(REGRETTING)

PRAYER
* Lord Almighty! Please work in me so that I will not be presumptuous, push and rush in making decisions.
*Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
*And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.

(1) (Reply)

The Prophetic Ministry / Woman Murdered For Blasphemy: Is Islam Truly A Religion Of Peace / Free Ebook. You Might Not Need It But, Someone Does BADLY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.