Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments (15122 Views)

Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / FG To Announce Board Appointments, As Osinbajo Vets List / APC Governors’ Visits To Wike, Udom Stir Anxiety In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by dre11(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2016
•...Party nominates 2,035 members for consideration

There is high apprehension in the All Progressives Congress (APC) as members of the party await the release of appointments into the boards of federal agencies and parastatals, as well as appointments for chief executives of these agencies.

Already, names of 1,850 party members in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have been submitted for consideration as members of boards of agencies, parastatals and commissions of the Federal Government.

Also, names of 185 APC members have been submitted to President Muhammadu Buhari for appointments as heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA) of government.

Members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the APC are also awaiting the announcement. Some of the NWC members have been pencilled for board and ambassadorial appointments. APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie- Oyegun, is expected to be sent on
diplomatic mission as ambassador.

Other NWC members expected to be given board and diplomatic appointments are: Deputy National Chairman (South), Engr. Segun Oni; National Secretary, Alhaji Mai Mala Buni; National Organising Secretary, Senator Osita Izunaso; National Legal Adviser, Dr. Muiz Banire (SAN); and Deputy National Chairman (North), Senator Lawal Shuaibu, among others.

The appointments are being expected barely one year after the party took over the reins of governance and several months after Buhari dissolved all the boards and relieved the heads of some of these organisations of their duties.

The leadership of the APC had earlier accused the heads of parastatals and agencies appointed by the previous administration of sabotaging the efforts of the present government.

Leaders of the party had expected an immediate replacement of the sacked chief executives, but the Presidency appeared not in a hurry to fill those vacancies. As a prelude to making new appointments, the Presidency had directed each state chapter of the party to submit 50 names for board appointments and five names for the position of chief executives in these agencies and parastatals.

Those nominated would have to jostle for the headship of organisations such as Petroleum Products Price Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), National Orientation Agency (NOA), News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Petroleum Technology Development Agency (PTDF), Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF), Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), among others.

New Telegraph learnt that it was the contest among party leaders to have their choice candidates nominated for these positions that led to the current crisis in Bayelsa State.

The leadership of the party in the state had accused the party’s governorship candidate in the last election, Chief Timipre Sylva, of filling all the five slots with his cronies.

The perceived delay in making fresh appointments was a major agenda during the last National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the party. Members had expressed concerns that they have not been appointed into these vacant positions after they worked for the party to secure victory at the 2015 general elections.

In response to these complaints, Buhari apologised to them and explained that the delay was due to the restructuring of the MDAs and the need to streamline the various positions. “For the party, I will like you to continue to make sacrifice.

I know you are being harassed since the election that they haven’t seen anything on the ground. When we came in after 16 years of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), we met 42 ministries.

We reduced them to 24, removed 21 Permanent Secretaries. Having cut 42 to 24, correspondingly, the parastatals will be cut down to some size and realigned and the boards reconstituted.

So, please, try to bear with us as we reflect on where we found ourselves,” Buhari said at the meeting. However, a chieftain of APC who prefer to remain anonymous said that the delay in appointing party faithful into positions was very worrisome and has impacted negatively on both the members and the party. “For close to one year now, we are in government, but we are not in governance.

All these people that they are catching for stealing money, they are still the same set of people who are in the system, covering their people who have left.“There are people who worked for the success of the APC.

It is not only Buhari that won the election; he was just an individual. It could have been anybody; it could have been Rabiu Kwakwanso; it could have been Atiku Abubakar.

People must be worried going to one year now and you know that in politicking all over the world, if it is a term of four years, you know you have barely two active years and one year is gone now.

“So, I think people should be worried that Mr. President should release these appointments and, as you know in economics, there is what is called trickling down effect.

I am quite sure that everybody who is a member of this party should be worried over the delay in the appointments and those that will tell you that they are not worried are those who are ministers and what is the percentage? “We have today over 160 ambassadorial positions that are vacant.

That means that every state in the country would have a minimum of three ambassadors. If you have these ambassadors, they would be leaders of the party in their states. So, people are becoming disenchanted,” he said.

However, another chieftain of the party expressed a different opinion and explained that a number of factors were responsible for the delay in the appointments. Some of these factors, he said, have to do with the delay in the passage of the budget.

According to him, it would be wrong for the Presidency to make appointments and to continue to pay salaries without concluding the process of the 2016 budget. He also explained that the proposed merger or scrapping of some agencies was also partly responsible for the delayed appointments.

“I appreciate the feelings of my colleagues in the party, but what I have to say is that they should have more patience with the president. Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well,” he said.

It was learnt that the meeting of the ruling party’s G-19 leaders, hosted by Buhari last Wednesday night at the presidential villa, Abuja, centred on pending political appointments, especially those of chairmen of boards of federal parastatals.

Although the agenda of the meeting was not disclosed, our correspondents scooped that the reconstitution of the APC’s Board of Trustees (BoT) may have been discussed.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/anxiety-apc-board-appointments/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by owanguy(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2016
Hope they will give some appointments to the youth.
Change is of two ways either progressive or retrogressive

I am FTC hope am not jobless dis monday a.m.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by chocolateme(f): 9:48am On May 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2016
Make them give me DG/MD Petroleum Products Price Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) biko. I so crave for a mansion in Maitama cool cool cool grin cheesy.
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nobody: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Make them give me DG/MD Petroleum Products Price Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) biko. I so crave for a mansion in Maitama cool cool cool grin cheesy.
Errm.... Aren't you supposed to be a Governorship aspirant

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nobody: 10:14am On May 09, 2016
Define the word "Anxiety"?

Those penciled for selection know themselves.

So where is the Anxiety coming from?

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2016
MondeLuv:
Errm.... Aren't you supposed to be a Governorship aspirant
nope grin. I'm supporting a candidate Dazzol dear
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nobody: 10:18am On May 09, 2016
kenonze:
Define the word "Anxiety"?
Which one?

ATTACK OR MEDICATION

long live

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nobody: 10:34am On May 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

nope grin. I'm supporting a candidate Dazzol dear
Hehehehe... Oga are you sure? gringrin
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by wowmenow: 10:38am On May 09, 2016
useless old men fighting themselves
thats why buhari sign ordinary and go and rest for 4 days what a lazy president

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nelkoko: 10:46am On May 09, 2016
If dem like make dem appoint person to head my father house.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Firefire(m): 10:51am On May 09, 2016
Ajatuka ni ti agba'ri...Ile ti a ba fi ito'mo, iri lo ma wo, alakisa APC to un jo loru, bo pe 'ile a mo.

Amalgamation of political rogues. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by SweetLove0(f): 10:53am On May 09, 2016
ok na
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nobody: 10:53am On May 09, 2016
This is deep.
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by cuteraeh(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2016
share the natoional cake grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by richidinho(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2016
Omenka shld be rewarded with the DG, Masquerade Dressing Commission grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Mattew690(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2016
God punish all APC

Leave change I beg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by 5starmilitant: 11:00am On May 09, 2016
Even the Bible warned us about change. Proverbs 24:21&22.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by gunther6(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2016
Only a fool does things the same way and expects different results, if we keep filling all this federal boards and parastatals with career politicians looters, how can we expect change ?

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Shortyy(f): 11:02am On May 09, 2016
richidinho:
Omenka shld be rewarded with the DG, Masquerade Dressing Commission grin

Why evils grin

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by laurel03(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2016
Oyaaaa time to share the national cake to polithiefcian
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by pretydiva(f): 11:05am On May 09, 2016
Hope my name is on d list oo
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by henryopeh: 11:10am On May 09, 2016
time to reward stalwarts with the national cake

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by ijustdey: 11:10am On May 09, 2016
I hope the youth will be favoured this time around and not them keep recycling those old men who have been at the corridor of powers since I was born
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by guiddoti: 11:14am On May 09, 2016
Nawao! so these politicians no get job, work meant for job applicant is what these mofos are craving for. No wonder corruption everywhere.

President Buhari abeg publish these vacancies for guys to apply ooo
occupyexecutiveoffice

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
This is how u want to Govern Imo? You are a comedian
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by tolexy007(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2016
Awusa ti take over....
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by guiddoti: 11:20am On May 09, 2016
5starmilitant:
Even the Bible warned us about change. Proverbs 24:21&22.

ogbogbia is yur case.
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by greatness22(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2016
Where's mynd1 when you need her to collect her "APC Appointment Letter" grin

APC; party of backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by Nobody: 11:35am On May 09, 2016
Mr president please in as much as I knw appointment is a party thing......pls still pay credence to qualification and experience.........I believe u will do d right thing for d masses
Re: Anxiety In APC Over Board Appointments by 5starmilitant: 11:42am On May 09, 2016
guiddoti:
ogbogbia is yur case.

Uselu is your only hope

(1) (2) (Reply)

Result Sheet Misses In Amaechi’s Unit In Rivers Rerun / Oseloka Obaze Rejects Anambra Election Results / Nigerian Migrants Stranded In Libya Will Be Brought Back Home - Buhari Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.