Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely (2478 Views)

How To Prepare Peppered Gizzard / How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) / Lady Served With Meat That Looks Like Male Genital At Ghana Restaurant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by scarletpearl(f): 11:06am On May 09, 2016
Ingredients for coconut Rice
-coconut
- rice
- salt
- spring onion

Method of cooking
- wash and cut spring onion set aside.
- break, remove coconut and scrape or cut off all brown part at the back off or at least most part of it
- cut into tiny sizes and put into a blender add water , blend till its smooth
- using a sieve, sieve milk out of blended coconut and set aside
- again add water to shaft in a bowl and sieve again and set aside in a different bowl.
- this is to extract all milk and have enough to cook, if the first isn't enough you can the add from the second. (the first has more milk)
- parboil rice for 15 min with water and then pour rice out into a seive,
- pour rice back into the pot, add from part or all the first coconut milk then boil ,add salt taste to know quantity needed, if need be you can add from the second milk
- Cook until u okay with the texture of the rice, switch of the fire then add spring onion on it and its ready, or you can put directly on rice after serving.

Ingredients for sauce
- carrot
- tatashe
- green pepper
-pepper
- honey
- water melon
- seasoning
- gizzard
- shrimp
- onion
Method of cooking
- wash all vegetables, chop carrot, tatashe, green pepper, onion into a bowl and add sliced pepper, add salt, stock cube , two table spoon of honey , 3-4 table spoon of water melon juice cover and set aside.
- wash and cut gizzard into small sizes into a bowl, wash and clean the shrimp removing the head and scale( the hard part)
Off and put into the bowl of gizzard or separately
- add stock cube,salt,grate(mince) very little ginger and garlic you can add the water inside coconut into it(if u wish) and set aside for hours In the fridge
- put a pot on the fire, add gizzard on the fire and the water in the bowl in it and boil add more (fresh,not coconut ) water if need be
- boil for 15- 20 mins before adding shrimp then boil for another 5 min and its ready or boil separately.
- place a pan or pot on the fire
- add little oil, fry gizzard and shrimp for 3- 5min remove( my pregnant neighbour pleaded that I should fry else I wouldn't) ,add very little oil in pan (little don't heat,)add the vegetables and stirr for 5 mins and the gizzard and shrimp and the stock(water), cover with a foil(if u have)and the cover the pot.
- the seasoning used in marinating should be enough else add if need be
- Cook on low heat for 10mins and its Ready
you sauce shouldn't be dry and not too soggy either.

NB:

The first time I made this sauce was with croaker fish that's fillet, cut fish into little sizes then season, i cooked it in coconut little milk for 2-3 mins in a non-stick pan before frying. then the stock(water) remaining from cooking the fish is added to the sauce also added the stock from gizzard , the gizzard wasn't fried and not boiled in coconut water, the gizzard and fish was put into pot of vegetable to steam for 10 mins, this has been my best sauce so far.
- you can buy canned coconut milk to avoid stress
- cooking my gizzard in coconut water was in a bid to try something different (whether it ruin it or not I took the risk) ,plus the water in the coconut was quite much and I said why not try it. didn't taste any different I was expecting it would be sweeter.
- in cooking this its best to keep coconut milk, the gizzard ,shrimp seasoned inside the fridge a night before, cut the vegetable and season keep inside the refrigerator don't ice simply cool.
- makes ur cooking easier
U can add , subtract , multiply whatever u wish to in this recipe.
Variety is the spice of life.

pls do ask questions if u have any concern on any ingredients used.

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by scarletpearl(f): 11:08am On May 09, 2016
more pix

3 Likes

Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by Swissheart(f): 11:19am On May 09, 2016
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by marshalcarter: 11:38am On May 09, 2016
So fuckin yummy dat i can CUM cheesy
Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by marshalcarter: 11:40am On May 09, 2016
I see no reason why ur husband should cheat on you cheesy grin
Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by kleppur: 12:28pm On May 09, 2016
lol
Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by scarletpearl(f): 6:22pm On May 09, 2016
smiley
Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by Kiish(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2016
. Coconut rice and I dont get along, but this looks very good. cool cool
Re: Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely by prettyJoy22(f): 2:22pm On May 11, 2016
yum yum wink

(1) (Reply)

Ulcer? Indigestion? Bloated Tummy? Check In Here / Strange Gigantic Fish Found At Eleko Beach: (photos) / Salad Cream Or Mayonnaise For Salad Or Coslaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.