Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) (43498 Views)

"I Rob Because Many People In Government Steal & I'll Do It Again" - Suspect / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS / Nigeria Vs. USA Police: See How They Save Lives #kindnessmatters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by dre11(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2016
Written by: Oluwatoyin Malik

AN ex-inmate of Ilorin prison, Teslim Mohammed, who was recently arrested by the operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Oyo/Ogbomoso annex, while planning a robbery attack with his gang members, has blamed the devil for his return to crime.

This was just as he vowed that he would never return to crime if let off the hook this time, saying that police should not hesitate to kill him if he was caught again.
The suspect was among other gang members paraded by the Oyo State Police Command at its headquarters in Ibadan on April, 28.

Speaking on the arrest, the Commissioner of Police, Leye Oyebade, disclosed that two of the gang members broke into the residence of one Adelakun Adekola, a member of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, and stole his official single barrel gun issued to him by the local government for security purpose, with the aim of using it to commit crime.

He stated further that the hoodlums cut the gun to a size that would enable them conceal it during robbery operations but two of them, Ajibesin Solomon (22) and Adeniyi Tunde (32), were arrested while planning a robbery operation to be carried out in some parts of Ogbomoso, Oyo and Ilorin, Kwara State.

As a follow-up, the SARS operatives also arrested six other suspected gang members on April 26 at about 3a.m.. They include Aliu Wale Azeez a.k.a AZ (28), Teslim Mohammed (26), Olanrewaju Ajayi (23), Kehinde Abiodun (28), Adeleke Adeyemi (26), and Adamu Mohammed (23).
The gang was said to be notorious and were operating in Oyo and Ogbomoso axis of Oyo State and Ilorin, Kwara State.

Recovered from the suspects were three cut-to-size barrel guns, three locally-made pistols, 14 live cartridges, four jack knives, six cutlasses, one saw blade, assorted criminal charms, among other items.
Crime Reports interviewed some of the arrested suspects. Below are the excerpts of the interview:

Teslim Mohammed
I am from Erin-Ile in Kwara State but live at Sango, Ilorin. I was a drycleaner. It was Tunde who brought a gun to me that he wanted to sell it. I knew Tunde in Ilorin; he was a carpenter. Tunde knew me as a hard guy and we used to meet at hemp joint.
I called my friend, AZ, to cut it to size, after which we kept it beside a primary school in Ilorin. After that, we attempted to use it to rob at Gaa Akanbi area of Ilorin but we were unsuccessful. Tunde was later challenged and arrested, while we fled. One of us, Solomon, who returned to his residence at Gambari in Ogbomoso, was also challenged by his community members and he was arrested. Tunde brought police to arrest me.

I was once remanded in prison after we robbed some students in Ilorin. I spent close to a year in prison before I was granted bail. The case is still in court. I got AZ’s number from a prison’s inmate called Tosin. It was AZ who gave me the number of another gang member, Bayo.

I don’t understand myself; it was the devil’s work that made me do the job. If I am let off the hook, I will never venture into crime again. If I try to commit crime again, the police should kill me after catching me.

Aliu Wale Azeez (AZ)
Tosin and I were not really in the same gang; only that we come from the same place. I have also been to the prison. Tosin only wanted me to connect Teslim with one Anthony Femi; that was why he gave my number to Teslim when he was leaving prison. Femi brought a gun and joined it with the one Teslim had. I was asked to keep the guns and I did. That was the only involvement I had and it was the mistake I made.

Tunde Adeniyi (32)
I am into carpentry and furniture making. Solomon Ajibesin and I stole the gun of a man who lives in our community and works as a security guard. We wanted to use the gun to snatch a car in Ilorin. It was the owner of the gun who came to ask me of his gun. I believe he used juju to detect that I was the one who stole the gun from his house.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/kill-me-if-you-catch-me-for-robbery-again-suspect-tells-police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Geofavor(m): 2:37pm On May 09, 2016
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Dexpro: 2:49pm On May 09, 2016
Good for em
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by 4reala(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2016
You for say make dem amputate those hands, so dat u no go use am go steal again. Yeye Man, abeg take one corner for Kiri Kiri jawe

7 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Primusinterpares(m): 3:06pm On May 09, 2016
I guess he's feeling remorseful... My advice to everyone is always remember that there's no next time to make a first impression. According to the Holy book... Big you are good be good still, if you are holy be holy still. My 2 kobo

1 Like

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by ZoggingMaster: 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
Naaaa... You must face the music this time. We can't afford to have any other victim of your wicked heart

7 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
No next time..

Your cup has runneth over now..

7 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by MRBrownJ: 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
thats how the next time, he will rather kill police and innocent people than get arrested again

5 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by johnwizey: 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
Unfortunately, ko si next time......omo kpau

6 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by izzou(m): 3:08pm On May 09, 2016
I think the government should give him a second chance just as he asked

but that would be after his 40 years imprisonment

5 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 09, 2016
They should be punished accordingly.
I don't pity such people!
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 09, 2016
ogbeni...

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by askYomi(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2016
You are an ex-inmate; and you still want another time?

Sorry bro....you just have to face that death now angry

3 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by tuzeriouz(m): 3:12pm On May 09, 2016
we Wil rather kill u now than to wait till next time

4 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by MUVA(m): 3:13pm On May 09, 2016
Lol
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by YabaLeftist: 3:13pm On May 09, 2016
grin

Better kill him now. He'll still return to armed robbery if you let him off this time. A dog will always go back to its vomit.

3 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by faruz: 3:14pm On May 09, 2016
f
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by sankky: 3:15pm On May 09, 2016
What if the police cant catch you again? So u go de thief and kill de go abi?
You are a repeat offender and the law shows little sympathy for such.
Sorry bro , TIME UP !

2 Likes

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 09, 2016
Hmmmmmm Criminals it serves u right! U stole gun to use and snatch the car u bought for the owner shey? Idiots!
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by rita25(f): 3:18pm On May 09, 2016
IF U CUT THE HANDS HE GO USE LEG HOLD GUN..THIEF NA THIEF
4reala:
You for say make dem amputate those hands, so dat u no go use am go steal again. Yeye Man, abeg take one corner for Kiri Kiri jawe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 09, 2016
YabaLeftist:
grin

Better kill him now. He'll still return to armed robbery if you let him off this time. A dog will always go back to its vomit.
. Are those Police men that arrested him on Nairaland? lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by nepapole(m): 3:18pm On May 09, 2016
I no even knw who pipu blame pass between DEVIL and JONATHAN. Those 2 dey try sha. Any wich way, dat nigga shud rot in jell/jail.

1 Like

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by rita25(f): 3:20pm On May 09, 2016
AJIBO OLE OLE! E DEY BODY NA ONLY WEN HE IS KILLED WOULD HE STOP ARREST ND RELEASE NA ACHIEVEMENT FOR THEM ON RECORDS SET.......KU KESHE SU angry BARAWO BANZA
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 09, 2016
Una no dey chop Cake? Abegiiii eat some cake

1 Like

Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 09, 2016
ITS A PITY
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 09, 2016
ode ni bobo yii sha.
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by FuckTheMod: 3:23pm On May 09, 2016
Be dead already undecided
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by kennyjaytee(m): 3:23pm On May 09, 2016
Guy, they congratulate me to be eligible but I don't av money to buy card today, should I load after today like tomorrow or Wednesday? because tomorrow winning code might be different. @@@ babeaqua
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by dazzlinglyme: 3:24pm On May 09, 2016
things don't work like that,you were caught so you will be punished
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by merseey2020: 3:25pm On May 09, 2016
They should kill them all
Re: Kill Me If You Catch Me For Robbery Again, Suspect Tells Police (see Weapons) by YabaLeftist: 3:25pm On May 09, 2016
christiese:
. Are those Police men that arrested him on Nairaland? lipsrsealed undecided

Sweetie, anything is possible. Don't underestimate nairaland. wink

Besides, I completely trust those Sars guys. The robber is as good as dead. His fate is already sealed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Policemen Drinking Beer At Onitsha Motor Park (Photos) / Yahoo Boy Defrauds US Lady Of $5,260 On Facebook (Photo) / Lagos SARS Operatives Who Extorted N5,000 From Woman And Her Friends Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.