Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

ATM Across The Country Will No Longer Pay You If You Do This - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / ATM Across The Country Will No Longer Pay You If You Do This (992 Views)

See The ATM I Came Across At First Bank / Need Help I Lost My Phone, I Will Pay You To Track It. / Glo 0.0k No Longer Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Across The Country Will No Longer Pay You If You Do This by bongolistik(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through the Operation of Electronic Payment Channels (OEPC) has mandated all ATM operators in the country to program ATM in such a manner as to decline transactions when users hide their face from the ATM's camera.

This was detailed in one of the new guidelines released by OEPC

Part of the guidelines in question reads as follows;

“Where the user of an ATM blocks his image for camera capture, the ATM shall be capable of aborting the transaction”

The guideline further stated that the camera should not be made to capture user’s keystrokes.

According to CBN, any erring institution(s) that fail to comply with the guidelines will receive serious sanctions.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/05/atm-in-country-will-no-longer-pay-you.html
Re: ATM Across The Country Will No Longer Pay You If You Do This by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 3:42pm On May 09, 2016
Misplaces priorities. ATM never dispense cash....you're talking about cameras. How about you program the ATMs in such a way that each time we want to withdraw money will come out? I think that'll be very welcome.

2 Likes

Re: ATM Across The Country Will No Longer Pay You If You Do This by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 09, 2016
Hahahaha the guy above me has spoken well....let's hope for something better from the guy below
Re: ATM Across The Country Will No Longer Pay You If You Do This by Donald3d(m): 4:38pm On May 09, 2016
Really misplaced priorities

(1) (Reply)

Samsung 16 Terabytes SSD Is The World's Largest / Jumia 70% Shipping Fee Discount Offer For Orders Of 10,000 And Above. / Perfectly Working Used Intel Motherboard For Hp Cq71-135sa Is For Sale In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.