Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. (4740 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by engrgordon(m): 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, it takes a bold step to start a building project. Many clients are always scared of the cost. However the main important aspect to consider in building estimation and costing is to estimate the actual material estimation needed to carryout a building project. I usually advice my clients to purchase all materials needed for the project while i take care of the labour cost, this is for transparency, However many Engineers or builders in the field avoid it because of the profit they will make in purchasing of the materials. Also client with little income can purchase the building materials needed little by little until it is completed, this is because all fingers are not equal. However the problem they usually face is how to calculate the materials needed to carryout a particular building project. In this thread, we are going to discuss how to calculate building materials needed to carryout a building project starting from number of blocks needed, foundation, Lintels, Beams and Column concrete mix, roofing, ceiling, etc. We are going to use a simple building plan as example. Before i continue, let me know how many people that are with me here. Always contact us us for all your building need; DOUBLE INTEGRATION MULTI-PROJECTS SERVICES. Call or whatsapp; 08022799569. Engr Gordon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by almonrea(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2016
engrgordon:
Hello Nairalanders, it takes a bold step to start a building project. Many clients are always scared of the cost. However the main important aspect to consider in building estimation and costing is to estimate the actual material estimation needed to carryout a building project. I usually advice my clients to purchase all materials needed for the project while i take care of the labour cost, this is for transparency, However many Engineers or builders in the field avoid it because of the profit they will make in purchasing of the materials. Also client with little income can purchase the building materials needed little by little until it is completed, this is because all fingers are not equal. However the problem they usually face is how to calculate the materials needed to carryout a particular building project. In this thread, we are going to discuss how to calculate building materials needed to carryout a building project starting from number of blocks needed, foundation, Lintels, Beams and Column concrete mix, roofing, ceiling, etc. We are going to use a simple building plan as example. Before i continue, let me know how many people that are with me here. Always contact us us for all your building need; DOUBLE INTEGRATION MULTI-PROJECTS SERVICES. Call or whatsapp; 08022799569. Engr Gordon.
with u
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by Ahmed0336(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong this job description (building) is meant for quantity Surveyors. This is no heavy engineering, road or capital project mr op stick to engineering projects

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by engrgordon(m): 6:27pm On May 09, 2016
Ahmed0336:
Correct me if I'm wrong this job description (building) is meant for quantity Surveyors. This is no heavy engineering, road or capital project mr op stick to engineering projects
You are very correct Bro, but the truth is that no average Nigeria will employ the service of a quantity surveyor in a small building project. In Nigeria, Archtect carryout almost work in the building, when given a small contract, likewise some artisans. I am only going to highlight on this subject, any big project are advise to contact a quantity survryor. Engr Gordon
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by texas1(m): 9:43pm On May 09, 2016
I m with you chief
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by adanny01(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2016
Ahmed0336:

You are right but not entirely. You are only right because you mentioned buildings. However, Civil engineers offer quantity surveying courses in school like wise land surveying and even Urban and regional planning.

That means we are also trained to quantify, we call it BEME- Bill of Engineering Measurment and Evaluation while the QS call it BOQ-Bill of Quantities.

I have a friend who works with a road construction firm but is used purely as a land surveyor. I as a civil engineer work with a Power Transmission/substation consulting firm, i am required to know a lot of electrical stuff to do my jobs.

Have you heard of Biomedical engineering before? Engineers are trained to be versatile within their responsibilities but it doesnt mean they are stealing jobs. If you will accuse a particular profession for doing job of others in the building industry, Architects will be your focus. They are known to be the Architects, structural engrs, mech engrs, elect. Engrs, QS, LS and even the builder it most cases.
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by engrgordon(m): 3:43pm On May 11, 2016
BLOCK/BRICKS CALCULATIONS.
We are going to use a simple building plan as our sample. The first stage is to calculate the toatal partitioned areas of the plan. All measurement are in millimeter(mm). Check the plan very well, and comment, let me be sure that people are with me. Engr C.C Gordon(contact me for all your building projects). 08022799569.

Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by udemedia3(m): 10:04pm On May 11, 2016
grin STOP WORK... By TOWN PLANNERS
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by Sagewood: 7:14am On Jul 31, 2016
U need to continue this thread.......should be very informative for everyone.
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by zamirikpo(m): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2016
We r with u, don't expect everyone to post something

Pls carry on.. ..
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by temeem: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
May be op is out of ideas
Re: How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. by matoxy(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2016
Are you still there or ............... we are waiting

(1) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of 4 Units Of 3 Bedroom Block Of Flat / Fully Detached 3bedrm @ Ajah Lekki, Lagos 17m (see Pix) / Kitchen Cabinet, Wardrobe,living Room Furniture, Bedroom Furniture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.