Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos (17128 Views)

2 Nigerian Drug Dealers Arrested In U.K. / Kidnappers Arrested In Obudu, Cross River After Abducting 8-Year-Old Girl (Pics / Female Robbery Gang Arrested In Rivers State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by olillywales(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2016
Officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development on Monday apprehended a middle-aged man, Adeyemi Adebayo who specialized in serving fake demolition notices and stop-work orders on buildings under construction in exchange for inducement.

Adebayo, who claimed to hail from Osun State and reside in Anuoluwapo area of Ilogbo in Ogun State, was said to have been apprehended after serving demolition notice on a building under construction in Lagos State.

The workers on sight of the building had alerted the officials of the Ministry shortly after Adebayo served the demolition notice, after which the suspect was caught with four fake identity cards of the Lagos State Government.

While being interrogated by newsmen, the suspect said he was employed as a project staff by the Lagos State Ministry of The Environment about eight years ago, but was laid off without any benefit four years after.

The suspect, who claimed to be married but divorced, added that ever since being laid off, he had been working with his friend’s junior brother.

He said: “I have worked in the various sectors in the Ministry of The Environment. We are project staff and we worked there for good eight years. I was relieved of my job about four years ago. We came in and we worked in various areas and we are being told to go for staff audit. They just laid us off without any benefit and they did not collect their identity cards from us.

“The only thing I have to say is that when someone worked for government, they should at least recognize the efforts of such person. You cannot just lay off people like that without anything. We all know the situation of the country. I know I don’t have the authority to do what I have been doing but I have been known with the Ministry of Environment,” the suspect narrated.

Briefing newsmen on how the suspect was apprehended, spokesperson of the Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Mr. Adeshina Odunuga said Adebayo had been going about impersonating as a Town Planner with the Ministry before he was caught on the fateful day.

Odunuga said: “This is a gentle man that was arrested while he was impersonating as an officer of the Ministry. He goes about to mark buildings, serve demolition notices, serve stop-work orders and collect money and other form of inducement in exchange for that. Sometimes he goes about serving demolition notices and threatening owners of buildings all around. He was arrested by officials of the Ministry who got to a site and was told one of them has just left. He was called back and that was how he was arrested.”

The suspect has since been handed over to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Nigerian police for further investigation.

SIGNED

SHINA ODUNUGA

CHIEF PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER

MINISTRY OF PHYSICAL PLANNING & URBAN DEVELOMENT

LAGOS STATE

MAY 09, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-fake-town-planner-arrested-in.html

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by JOOHEL: 8:03pm On May 09, 2016
ChChei, First to comment in over 2 years
I want to use this opportunity to thank Glo for giving me fast, cheap internet to comment, to Samsung for making this wonderful s6 edge that never lags, to Affordables for making it a bit affordable, to my ex ; please gerrarahere men, to my parents for supporting me and to Seun Osewa for creating this platform

10 Likes

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Flexherbal(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2016
There is no genuine excuse for committing a crime.

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 09, 2016
Name checkers association,Lagos branch..

*In Falz voice*
Suzpect is one of our own!!!!
Harbort mission!!
HOver!!!!!

grin

19 Likes

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by DrChukzy(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2016
Imagine! This idiot will go bout scamming Nigerians like its his birthright. See im Oduduwa head self like a turned upside-down water bottle. NAME CHECKERS 'HOVER'

14 Likes

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by tuna4servi(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2016
Everytin now na fake even fake nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by ArchNerd(m): 9:20pm On May 09, 2016
undecided
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by kirchofff(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2016
I only came here to check the name of the criminal, gosh! The Israelites will be _masturbating over dis grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by SmithHumble50: 9:22pm On May 09, 2016
Good...
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Abihorlah219: 9:22pm On May 09, 2016
Front page straight......

Na poverty we go call this one abi wetin.?

. undecidedFront page straight......

Na poverty we go call this one abi wetin.?

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by jaksabbey(m): 9:23pm On May 09, 2016
Abegi make dem leave am cos d economy self no dey smile

Any way is a way,

Abeegi make anbody no abuse mio cos na only me waka com oooooo
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by odiereke(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2016
See the man swags sef. He is even posing.

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Missyetty(f): 9:26pm On May 09, 2016
Serves him right!!!
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by tollytexy(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2016
JOOHEL:
ChChei, First to comment in over 2 years
I want to use this opportunity to thank Glo for giving me fast, cheap internet to comment, to Samsung for making this wonderful s6 edge that never lags, to Affordables for making it a bit affordable, to my ex ; please gerrarahere men, to my parents for supporting me and to Seun Osewa for creating this platform

Like say he won 9jabet.. wetin make LadyF come talk??

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by MVLOX(m): 9:27pm On May 09, 2016
Dem don catch am..... Many days the thief one day for the owner...
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Phonefanatic: 9:27pm On May 09, 2016
If someone can rule Nigeria with fake certificate then this man is innocent

6 Likes

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 09, 2016
Nonsense.

The guy has been working in conjunction with lasbca officials

He simply went to the wrong site.

Serving dubious contravention notices for settlement is a hallmark of lasbca
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by MrsMango(f): 9:29pm On May 09, 2016
Heheh
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by ylaa(f): 9:30pm On May 09, 2016
See his head.

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by adioolayi(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2016
Eko for show grin
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by lexia09(f): 9:34pm On May 09, 2016
Shebi God don catch am now,he even get mind dey pose for camera.
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by yinkarh187(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2016
the man even dey pose
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by cao(f): 9:34pm On May 09, 2016
odiereke:
See the man swags sef. He is even posing.
I thought I was the only one...
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by ManagerUgo(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2016
[quote author=olillywales post=45469108]Officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development on Monday apprehended a middle-aged man, Adeyemi Adebayo who specialized in serving fake demolition notices and stop-work orders on buildings under construction in exchange for inducement.

Adebayo, who claimed to hail from Osun State and reside in Anuoluwapo area of Ilogbo in Ogun State, was said to have been apprehended after serving demolition notice on a building under construction in Lagos State.

The workers on sight of the building had alerted the officials of the Ministry shortly after Adebayo served the demolition notice, after which the suspect was caught with four fake identity cards of the Lagos State Government.

While being interrogated by newsmen, the suspect said he was employed as a project staff by the Lagos State Ministry of The Environment about eight years ago, but was laid off without any benefit four years after.

The suspect, who claimed to be married but divorced, added that ever since being laid off, he had been working with his friend’s junior brother.

He said: “I have worked in the various sectors in the Ministry of The Environment. We are project staff and we worked there for good eight years. I was relieved of my job about four years ago. We came in and we worked in various areas and we are being told to go for staff audit. They just laid us off without any benefit and they did not collect their identity cards from us.

“The only thing I have to say is that when someone worked for government, they should at least recognize the efforts of such person. You cannot just lay off people like that without anything. We all know the situation of the country. I know I don’t have the authority to do what I have been doing but I have been known with the Ministry of Environment,” the suspect narrated.

Briefing newsmen on how the suspect was apprehended, spokesperson of the Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Mr. Adeshina Odunuga said Adebayo had been going about impersonating as a Town Planner with the Ministry before he was caught on the fateful day.

Odunuga said: “This is a gentle man that was arrested while he was impersonating as an officer of the Ministry. He goes about to mark buildings, serve demolition notices, serve stop-work orders and collect money and other form of inducement in exchange for that. Sometimes he goes about serving demolition notices and threatening owners of buildings all around. He was arrested by officials of the Ministry who got to a site and was told one of them has just left. He was called back and that was how he was arrested.”

The suspect has since been handed over to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Nigerian police for further investigation.

SIGNED

SHINA ODUNUGA

CHIEF PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER

MINISTRY OF PHYSICAL PLANNING & URBAN DEVELOMENT

LAGOS STATE

MAY 09,

Okootorigba
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2016
Though he pinpointed the insincerity and illegality of the government to their employees that is no excuse to crime.
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by lovelyadeola(m): 9:41pm On May 09, 2016
hmm fake people everywhere..
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Blackfire(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2016
How many people came to check name?
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by etibaba(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2016
See how he pose for pix.
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 09, 2016
Adeyemi Adebayo

Odua nation representin..

Btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by rileyy(m): 10:34pm On May 09, 2016
Happy name checking
Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by ENDTIMELIFE: 10:50pm On May 09, 2016
chai..
Name checkers association,Lagos branch..

Suspect is one of our own!!!!
Abort mission!!
Over!!!!!

Adeyemi Adebayo tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue the same people

1 Like

Re: Fake Town Planner Arrested In Lagos by bastien: 11:00pm On May 09, 2016
Name checker, how market

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slain Lagos Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Was Expecting Twins - Husband / Arisekola Ademeso Owoseni 'Dr. Quash' In N4M HIV Scam (Photos) / Arrest, Interrogation Of Wadume, Taraba Kingpin Described As Media Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.