Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,899 members, 7,956,395 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints (2085 Views)

LASG CCTV Van Stuck On Electricity Cables At Abule Egba (photos) / Benin Electricity Distribution Company Buys Brand New Makano Generator Lmao / My Experience With Benin Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by TrendyP(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2016
So last two months, i was given an electricity bill that was a bit outrageous to me. On Thursday last week, i went to the BEDC office in my area (Etete Axis) in Benin City and lodged my complaints.
I got a call yesterday that their officials want to visit my premises to do a load assessment and check my meter. This afternoon, they came with a bill calculator that looked like magic to me.
After interactions and meter checks, i got to realize that the variance they had in their results compared to my bills wasn't that much. And i didnt take into consideration the tariff increase. They apologised for any inconvenience and promised to effect the adjustment in my next bill.
IF this is part of Change, then i like this Change.
May be the wind of change has also entered BEDC.
Nairalanders in Benin, has anyone experienced this?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 09, 2016
That is only in some parts of Benin so far. What happens to other areas under the network?

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by acmilan1: 9:11pm On May 09, 2016
I think this is a welcome development... only if dey can keep dis up

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by elijames(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2016
acmilan1:
I think this is a welcome development... only if dey can keep dis up

I hope so. I think they are actually stepping up their game. @ least they are now behaving like a private company. They even respond to fault complaints quicker these days.
#change
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by curium22: 9:50pm On May 09, 2016
I was wondering what a friend was telling me about that today. Well, it is a step in the right direction. However, BEDC needs to improve on power supply. Bravo BEDC!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by TrendyP(m): 10:23pm On May 09, 2016
curium22:
I was wondering what a friend was telling me about that today. Well, it is a step in the right direction. However, BEDC needs to improve on power supply. Bravo BEDC!
I hope so too.
Mods please push this to the front page so we can read other comments.
Cc Lalasticlala obinoscopy mynd44
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by aragonbaba(m): 10:31pm On May 09, 2016
This new approach will at least give customers a sense of hope that their contested bills will be resolved . Bedc is really committed to serve its customers better via new iniatives as regards complaints resolution.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by Ozone2015(m): 12:05am On May 10, 2016
TrendyP Do I have to go to BEDC office to contest my Bills? because i don't think I need my electricity meter any more since the company now generates readings.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by ovibest(m): 4:48am On May 10, 2016
Right from inception of BEDC taking over from PHCN, these are the kind of changes they ought to have implemented. At least the wind of Change is gradually coming to them. I hrd of someone who was invited to their office for this same Bill Calculator Magic.

I just hope it will not be a Greek Gift at the end cos nothing goes for nothing in 9ja.

How can I go about my overbilling case for the past three months cos my bill used to be about #800 for a yr plus but suddenly started getting over #3,000 plus when the light in my area ULOHO Avenue Axis(precisely Lem's street)Ughelli, is not even up to 2hrs in 4 days or even worst? We are suffering in that axis, BEDC pls come to our aid. cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by TrendyP(m): 4:56am On May 10, 2016
Ozone2015:
TrendyP Do I have to go to BEDC office to contest my Bills? because i don't think I need my electricity meter any more since the company now generates readings.

If you feel it's not what you consumed. I went to their customer care section
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by TrendyP(m): 4:58am On May 10, 2016
ovibest:
Right from inception of BEDC taking over from PHCN, these are the kind of changes they ought to have implemented. At least the wind of Change is gradually coming to them. I hrd of someone who was invited to their office for this same Bill Calculator Magic.

I just hope it will not be a Greek Gift at the end cos nothing goes for nothing in 9ja.

How can I go about my overbilling case for the past three months cos my bill used to be about #800 for a yr plus but suddenly started getting over #3,000 plus when the light in my area ULOHO Avenue Axis(precisely Lem's street)Ughelli, is not even up to 2hrs in 4 days or even worst? We are suffering in that axis, BEDC pls come to our aid. cry cry cry cry
@Ovibest, go and lay your complaints
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by Ozone2015(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2016
TrendyP:
So last two months, i was given an electricity bill that was a bit outrageous to me. On Thursday last week, i went to the BEDC office in my area (Etete Axis) in Benin City and lodged my complaints.
I got a call yesterday that their officials want to visit my premises to do a load assessment and check my meter. This afternoon, they came with a bill calculator that looked like magic to me.
After interactions and meter checks, i got to realize that the variance they had in their results compared to my bills wasn't that much. And i didnt take into consideration the tariff increase. They apologised for any inconvenience and promised to effect the adjustment in my next bill.
IF this is part of Change, then i like this Change.
May be the wind of change has also entered BEDC.
Nairalanders in Benin, has anyone experienced this?

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by Ozone2015(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2016
TrendyP:

If you feel it's not what you consumed. I went to their customer care section

Can't I use their online platform, Will it be given same attention? I am too busy to spend time with this people.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by SQLmastar(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2016
aragonbaba:
This new approach will at least give customers a sense of hope that their contested bills will be resolved . Bedc is really committed to serve its customers better via new iniatives as regards complaints resolution.
ohh puleasee!
committed to serve my foot!
Dat funke of a woman who is their MD doesn't know anything about electricity. I heard she came from a banking sector.
Imagine the crazy bills i have been receiving. they just think everyone is a dunce. I take my meter readings regularly, so I know my consumption. Yet they still trying to shove their over estimated bills down my throat.
I'm gonna get a veri good lawyer and see to it that BEDC pays for damages.
what does managing a bank have to do with managing electricity?

BEDC is committed to STEAL! angry

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by TrendyP(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2016
Ozone2015:

Can't I use their online platform, Will it be given same attention? I am too busy to spend time with this people.
You can try na
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by ovibest(m): 12:36pm On May 10, 2016
SQLmastar:
ohh puleasee!
committed to serve my foot!
Dat funke of a woman who is their MD doesn't know anything about electricity. I heard she came from a banking sector.
Imagine the crazy bills i have been receiving. they just think everyone is a dunce. I take my meter readings regularly, so I know my consumption. Yet they still trying to shove their over estimated bills down my throat.
I'm gonna get a veri good lawyer and see to it that BEDC pays for damages.
what does managing a bank have to do with managing electricity?

BEDC is committed to STEAL! angry

I believe change is constant, they might be stealing since but I believe they have started Restituting what they stole long ago as my Aunty in Warri told of how she was credited with over #60,000 adjustment on her bills. I just hope they are beginning to look into our complaints with this their customer resolution but their best is still not gud enuf.

Come to our aid BEDC at ULOHO Avenue,Ughelli. We are dieing

1 Like

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by psalmmiey: 2:25pm On May 10, 2016
It's a welcome development and a very good way of rectifying the problem..Kudos to BEDC
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by lexzyjunny(m): 3:37pm On May 10, 2016
nothing like calculator foe Ekiti here o.... na so so crazy bills Every month..... abi no be d same BEDC...
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by samnewton(m): 7:31pm On May 10, 2016
lexzyjunny:
nothing like calculator foe Ekiti here o.... na so so crazy bills Every month..... abi no be d same BEDC...

Same here in my area in Owo but wen I called there customer care line which was on the bill, I was told very soon it will get to all their coverage area... I think they only trying to see how effective the magic calculator will be in Edo and Delta before pushing it to other states....
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by jaybros: 7:43pm On May 10, 2016
Front page material..... Mod!!!
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by lexzyjunny(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2016
samnewton:

Same here in my area in Owo but wen I called there customer care line which was on the bill, I was told very soon it will get to all their coverage area... I think they only trying to see how effective the magic calculator will be in Edo and Delta before pushing it to other states....

are u saying ds thing na trial and error....and its not even accurate... y ds no company no fit just meter everybody and forget yeye calculator...
Nigerian investors sha angry
samnewton:

are u saying ds thing na trial and error....and its not even accurate... y ds no company no fit just meter everybody and forget yeye calculator...
Nigerian investors sha
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by jaybros: 10:00pm On May 10, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by ovibest(m): 10:35pm On May 11, 2016
jaybros:
Lalasticlala

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala
This should be made Front Page for more with over billing to see, if this their magic calculator can really solve this over billing. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Rectifies Billing Complaints by Tunneller: 8:17pm On May 12, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Order Your Cartoon Photo / How To Make Money Viewing Ads Online / My Bitter Experience With Ecobank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.