Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,381 members, 7,864,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Open Letter To Diamond Bank Management Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Open Letter To Diamond Bank Management Nigeria (1623 Views)

Diamond Bank Apapa Fire Incident: Bank Management Releases Official Statement / Skye Bank Management Takedown By The CBN: The Inside Story - Naijapromoter.com / CBN Sacks Skye Bank's Management. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Diamond Bank Management Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 09, 2016
I wish to write with dismay my experience today 09/05/2016 at about 11:45am when I visited one of your branches (name of branch withheld since issue was resolved by manager amidst apologies).

I am not a diamond bank customer, I dnt know about your operations and strategies neither do I have account with you. I decided to pay in some amount to my guy's account who uses diamond beta account.

On reaching the bank, I filled the teller, gave the money to the cashier, only for him to ask me to go that the money will be credited to his account without giving me any evidence of payment to show my transaction.

Almost left the bank when I woke up from my slumber and asked myself some few questions. What if there will be an issue tomorrow, what evidence will I have to claim I did any transaction? who is the cashier? what's even his name and so on...

I decided to return to the bank and ask him why he asked me to go without giving me any duplicate teller or slip. Mr Akpan Gabriel explained that the account I was paying into is a "beta diamond account" hence no need of slip or duplicate teller.

Shocked at such response I decided to request that he sign for me in my diary or give me a written signed note that he collected any money from me which he vehemently refused.

I was still insisting for document to show payment when he returned with his operational manager and returned the money I was to deposit. I became surprised and furious that a bank could reject cash deposit. I quietly left the bank.

It was when I was in front of the bank that I remembered that banks normally have overall manager, hence I decided to go back to make a report and complaint.

After explaining to the bank manager, he shouted and quickly apologized. I told him am going to report him to nairaland. my problem was solved immediately I declared "am a nairalander".

It was then that he explained what " beta diamond account" meant and apologized again. He ordered them to give me duplicate teller and cautioned his staff in my presence. He explained that the beta diamond account is a personal contribution account believed to b operated by the owner alone hence no need for receipt when money is paid in since it is believed to be paid by self. The mistake however is lack of the senior management to plan for third party payment option. someone like me who do not know anything about diamond bank will look so stupid legally to have paid in money without receipt, duplicate teller or slip.

I wish the management of Diamond bank will look into this

what's ur experience with banks today, mine was unbelievable. in this modern dispensation!!!!
Re: Open Letter To Diamond Bank Management Nigeria by DesChyko: 10:10pm On May 09, 2016
It was actually my sister who had this terrible experience with an Ecobank staff in Anambra State University named Obinna who works in Western Union section. She came in to make a withdrawal that was sent in via Western Union. Some documents were demanded that she didn't have so she couldn't make the withdrawal immediately. The supposedly 'kind-hearted' Obinna decided to help her out of her predicament by giving her #1,000 so she could hold up till the next time she could make the withdrawal. She believed he just gave it to her to help her.
On the day she went to get the cash, Obinna told her that she'll buy him lunch o, which she interpreted as a banter as they both laughed over it. So she eventually got the cash and left. Since then, she has been going to the bank, no hassles.
On this particular day, she went to the bank with a male friend and she was stopped by the security guard, who questioned her if she was owing anyone in the bank. She was quite embarrassed, and said no. The guard pointed at the man, and she began to explain what transpired between them. Suddenly, Obinna came and was insulting her, calling her a thief for running away with his money. She quickly sourced and gave him the #1,000, after which she left the bank.

What actually went wrong was this. Obinna was hoping to use his gestures to GET HER but it didn't work out, hence his barbaric behaviour. Bankers in Ecobank don't wear name tags, but he was already giving out his name when he doesn't work in Customer Service. Very silly he-goat.
Re: Open Letter To Diamond Bank Management Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On May 10, 2016
it's pathetic d kind of customer experience we get in Nigeria. it doesn't happen dat way in some part of the world.
Re: Open Letter To Diamond Bank Management Nigeria by AdaAnambra: 6:38pm On May 10, 2016
DesChyko:
It was actually my sister who had this terrible experience with an Ecobank staff in Anambra State University named Obinna who works in Western Union section. She came in to make a withdrawal that was sent in via Western Union. Some documents were demanded that she didn't have so she couldn't make the withdrawal immediately. The supposedly 'kind-hearted' Obinna decided to help her out of her predicament by giving her #1,000 so she could hold up till the next time she could make the withdrawal. She believed he just gave it to her to help her.
On the day she went to get the cash, Obinna told her that she'll buy him lunch o, which she interpreted as a banter as they both laughed over it. So she eventually got the cash and left. Since then, she has been going to the bank, no hassles.
On this particular day, she went to the bank with a male friend and she was stopped by the security guard, who questioned her if she was owing anyone in the bank. She was quite embarrassed, and said no. The guard pointed at the man, and she began to explain what transpired between them. Suddenly, Obinna came and was insulting her, calling her a thief for running away with his money. She quickly sourced and gave him the #1,000, after which she left the bank.

What actually went wrong was this. Obinna was hoping to use his gestures to GET HER but it didn't work out, hence his barbaric behaviour. Bankers in Ecobank don't wear name tags, but he was already giving out his name when he doesn't work in Customer Service. Very silly he-goat.
There is no bank that would tolerate this kind of unprofessional behavior. I suggest she contact their OMBUDSMAN on 01-2260450 to report the experience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Luxurious Bus For Hire Within And Around Abuja / Already! Tstv Raises Alert On Fake Social Media Accounts / Interior Wall Art And Design Makes Your House A Paradise (check It Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.