Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful (1476 Views)

Restructuring: 100 Yoruba Groups Meet In Ibadan / Saraki Threatens To Walk Out Senators Making Noise During Plenary / We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by FanYogo1(f): 12:45am On May 10, 2016
OPC, time and time again, continues to let down Yoruba people. Instead of keeping Yorubaland interest, safety and security as their number one priority, they've sold themselves for political gain. Yorubas don't even take you serious anymore. You're like the noisemaking IPOB group, making the loudest noises just to be heard. You've become the morenike alagolo of Yorubaland.

You made the same noise when Fulanis kidnapped Fale, now you're making the same noise when ND Avenger Terrorists threated Lagos (Yoruba's favorite child). Are we seriously supposed to take you serious? You sold yourself to PDP and GEJ, when Yorubas should have been your utmost priority.

Please stop making noise and do the needful. Instead of chest beating about how ND dare not attack Lagos, take measures to ensure that 1) Lagos is secured or 2) Lagosians are well taken care of after an attack.

1. Create a vigilante group in each Yoruba state
Ensure that young and able men, hand picked by their community and LGAs guard each LGAs of Yorubaland. How do you pay? The money that you got from GEJ should be able to pay for this. Demand that our leaders, politicians and the rich in our midst invest in Yorubaland security. Obviously, depending on Nigerian police is a waste of time. What did they do during Miles 12 or during Fulani attacks? Your guess is as good as mine.

2. Use your collective voice to demand state police
All Yoruba leaders should use their collective choice to demand state police. There is more than enough evidence suggesting that having a national police just doesn't work. It makes no sense to have to call Aso Rock when Ondo is under attack. Also, ensure that those employed are civilians/residence of that state. I don't understand how a Fulani police stationed in Ondo is supposed to understand Ondo people's plight during Fulani attack.

3. Send out Alert Letters
Inform people of possible and potential attacks. Let people be on alert for suspicious activities. Guide them on what to do during an attack and how they can protect themselves and other civilians around them.

4. Create safehouses across Yorubaland
This safehouse is where people will get help and assistance after attacks. Food, first aid kits, and other essential tools should be available in this safehouse. Inform your residence where these safehouses are located. Also, ensure that groups are created to go out and help people after an attack.

5. Make use of the Odua radio station.
Earlier this year, I heard that Gani created an Odua radio state. Make good use of it. let this be the communication tools that You can use to spread words throughout the SW. This radio should spread information about awareness, getting help, and finding solutions.

This is what you should be planning instead of making noise. We Yorubas have lost hope in your noisemaking. Show us that you prioritize your people and not politics.

Mynd44
Lalasticala
Scholes1
Modath
omenka
Tonyebarcanista
Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by FanYogo1(f): 1:51am On May 10, 2016
absalut:
question:why did your ancestors fight the first secession?

Why did Azikwe fight against Awolowo's proposal to divide Nigeria? Yorubas were one of the first set of people who proposed for regionalism and a divided Nigeria. Rose14, Rose24 or whatever you call yourself, this is my last time entertaining your attempt to derail this thread. Create a thread and I or other Yorubas will answer you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by absalut: 1:52am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

Why did Azikwe fight against Awolowo's proposal to divide Nigeria? This is my last time entertaining your attempt to derail this thread. Create a thread and I or other Yorubas will answer you.
maybe someone has an answer to my question?
Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by DaBullIT(m): 6:39am On May 10, 2016
We do not need all of that , As a matter of fact, i do not think it's reasonable or maybe the time is not now

Believe it or not , these haters and wailers are always catching a clue from Yorubas but they'll never admit it , as we know they almost always copy and paste culture, products and stuffs and put it in a new label , hence why they are called pirates

My point being Yoruba is the race other ethnicity look up to , Once we form

1 Vigilante group in Yoruba states , first of all who will coordinate them ? then there after how do we know they won't turn the vigilante into vendetta group ? OPC cleaned Yoruba land, but later it turned to personal attack dog for highest bidder which was why gov't dismantled and arrested Fasheun i think or what's the other guy's name ? Besides once Yorubas do that across all states , Yeebows will use that as an excuse and form theirs , just like in the past, their isakaba boys messed up and was dismantled Htwoow

State police is very reasonable , but is it feasible ? policing needs resources , funding and needs people who are not morally bankrupt, most of our youths these days have tasted what it feels like to be oppressed by the Police , once they join the police they'll want to do more and that in itself is a crises

Sending alerts , i applaud , however we could do better generally as nigerians if we have an operation centre , like 911 emergency call centers and those will filter out pranks from imminent danger then forward to appropriate authorities, sending information is more like what it should be and it is also anonymous

I wouldn't call it safe houses, if it wasn't corruption, every community is supposed to have an emergency centre , bigger than big town halls, In the US and other advanced countries, each community has shelters , in Russia , they even have underground bunkers where people can fit in in case of Nuclear war and natural disasters , Our community is so backwords we rarely think of the future, so yes, we have have shelters and emergency bunkers as well, but that also costs money

Finally if Oodua radio station will operate withing the NBC's guideline and not used for special or personal gains , we could do that

But first thing we need to do is to bring back our humanity and learn to love each other without that, every effort will just be sabotaged

1 Like

Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by FanYogo1(f): 5:35am On Apr 11, 2018
Great post up there
Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by razfad10(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2018
Nice one
Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by TheKingIsHere: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2018
FanYogo1:
OPC, time and time again, continues to let down Yoruba people. Instead of keeping Yorubaland interest, safety and security as their number one priority, they've sold themselves for political gain. Yorubas don't even take you serious anymore. You're like the noisemaking IPOB group, making the loudest noises just to be heard. You've become the morenike alagolo of Yorubaland.

You made the same noise when Fulanis kidnapped Fale, now you're making the same noise when ND Avenger Terrorists threated Lagos (Yoruba's favorite child). Are we seriously supposed to take you serious? You sold yourself to PDP and GEJ, when Yorubas should have been your utmost priority.

Please stop making noise and do the needful. Instead of chest beating about how ND dare not attack Lagos, take measures to ensure that 1) Lagos is secured or 2) Lagosians are well taken care of after an attack.

1. Create a vigilante group in each Yoruba state
Ensure that young and able men, hand picked by their community and LGAs guard each LGAs of Yorubaland. How do you pay? The money that you got from GEJ should be able to pay for this. Demand that our leaders, politicians and the rich in our midst invest in Yorubaland security. Obviously, depending on Nigerian police is a waste of time. What did they do during Miles 12 or during Fulani attacks? Your guess is as good as mine.

2. Use your collective voice to demand state police
All Yoruba leaders should use their collective choice to demand state police. There is more than enough evidence suggesting that having a national police just doesn't work. It makes no sense to have to call Aso Rock when Ondo is under attack. Also, ensure that those employed are civilians/residence of that state. I don't understand how a Fulani police stationed in Ondo is supposed to understand Ondo people's plight during Fulani attack.

3. Send out Alert Letters
Inform people of possible and potential attacks. Let people be on alert for suspicious activities. Guide them on what to do during an attack and how they can protect themselves and other civilians around them.

4. Create safehouses across Yorubaland
This safehouse is where people will get help and assistance after attacks. Food, first aid kits, and other essential tools should be available in this safehouse. Inform your residence where these safehouses are located. Also, ensure that groups are created to go out and help people after an attack.

5. Make use of the Odua radio station.
Earlier this year, I heard that Gani created an Odua radio state. Make good use of it. let this be the communication tools that You can use to spread words throughout the SW. This radio should spread information about awareness, getting help, and finding solutions.

This is what you should be planning instead of making noise. We Yorubas have lost hope in your noisemaking. Show us that you prioritize your people and not politics.

Mynd44
Lalasticala
Scholes1
Modath
omenka
Tonyebarcanista

You are blaming OPC and other yorubas meanwhile cowardice runs through your veins.

You wrote several lines on ND and GEJ but only about 2 meaningless lines on fulanis kidnapping and killing yorubas.

Before you remove the speck of dust from OPC eyes, remove the log of wood(cowardice) from your own eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by FanYogo1(f): 7:57am On Apr 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You are blaming OPC and other yorubas meanwhile cowardice runs through your veins.

You wrote several lines on ND and GEJ but only about 2 meaningless lines on fulanis kidnapping and killing yorubas.

Before you remove the speck of dust from OPC eyes, remove the log of wood(cowardice) from your own eyes.

Was Ojukwu a coward for sending fellow igbos to war and running when the battle got too heated?

Yes. He was.

Was Nnamdi Kanu a coward for running too?

Yes he was.
Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by TheKingIsHere: 7:59am On Apr 12, 2018
FanYogo1:

Was Ojukwu a coward for sending fellow igbos to war and running when the battle got too heated?

Yes. He was.

Was Nnamdi Kanu a coward for running too?

Yes he was.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I am not igbo.

As I said, you are nothing but a coward!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by FanYogo1(f): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I am not igbo.

As I said, you are nothing but a coward!

You can claim whatever you want, but Ojukwu and Kanu are nigeria's biggest cowards.
Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by TheKingIsHere: 8:34am On Apr 12, 2018
FanYogo1:

You can claim whatever you want, but Ojukwu and Kanu are nigeria's biggest cowards.

Thats your headache, but as it concerns NL YOU are a coward who can't tackle your Fulani masters.

Gosh, I was expecting something tangible from your write up against the fulanis but as a coward that you are, you wrote nothing meaningful.

If you think am joking, log out and read your write up. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC/Other Yoruba Groups: Stop Making Noise And Do The Needful by FanYogo1(f): 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Thats your headache, but as it concerns NL YOU are a coward who can't tackle your Fulani masters.

Gosh, I was expecting something tangible from your write up against the fulanis but as a coward that you are, you wrote nothing meaningful.

If you think am joking, log out and read your write up. undecided

The same way Ojukwu and Kanu couldn't tackle their Yoruba and Fulani masters? Anyways, na persin wey go go back and forth with you, you want.

(1) (Reply)

PDP NEW SLOGAN: Change The Change!!!! / Finally Prof. Tam David West Got Is Voice Back On Fue Price / Corruption Was Beneficial To Nigeria? Simple Case Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.