Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier (26341 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) / Made In Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carrier: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2009
Recognise:

@Davidylan

- Davidylan

That was/is the beach in the film "LOST"

and the bloke there is our Naija homie actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

He played the part of Mr EKO in the film

[center]"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."[/center]

Correct, you have a sharp eye grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Beaf: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2009
ocelot2006:

It's because of actions similiar to  that of these inventors that countries have been lifted from poverty to greatness, from nothing to economic and military powers. Look at the lives of great inventors and revolutionaries and you will see that they faced fools like THOR and the rest. But they prevailed lifted millions of people from nothing.

On the APC's design itself, I totally have to commend these Nigerian inventors. Anyone that follows the trends in the current battlefield faced by the US and the UK in Afghanistan and Iraq will see that improvised explosive devices (IEDs) accounts for most of the deaths of US, British and Canadian servicemen, along with a host of other countries that serve in both countries. The same problem is also being faced by the Pakistani military as they battle the Taliban on their own turf in the tribal lands of Pakistan. This Nigerian design takes all this into consideration. It is definitely not as sophisticated as the Isreali Wolf,the Buffalo MRAP designed by US, or the RG-31 Nyala (just to name a few), but it is definitely a step in the right direction. And we can all see that the APC has a retractable survellance system, making it extremely usefull as both and observation platform and a Command-&-Control Vehicle that can be used in both law enforcement and military situations. All we have to do is encourage and support these guys, refine the design, and I'm sure it will be ready for Police Force and military, and also exports to other countries, thus creating an additional source of income for the nation.

As for Thor, what have you invented? And what have you contributed to your nation? Or are you there in  the UK were you get to do your 6-5pm job washing plates and toilets?

Thank you. The first thing I noticed was the v shape of the bottom of the vehicle. For those who don't know, it is to deflect the force of explosions outward to protect the vehicle.

Some people have also condemned the wheels, but we don't know if they can continue running even when compromised.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by naijaway(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2009
A good development that should be commended because that time could have been used on blaming, robbing, planning evil, gossiping, self pity, and maybe furthering education. But he went against the odds in a state like Ekiti state. Kudos brothers; am not that far behind you guys.
One thing is for sure they can be modified for more efficiency.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by chyk91(m): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2009
coming frm nigerians i think this is lovely and should be encouraged, i am happy about it. but in the pics yar adua was lookin very frail.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by obamamate: 3:52am On Aug 15, 2009
L&G,
This is a commendable effort.
It is actually easier to produce the APV than passenger cars. You do not need moulds etc as the panel are flat.
The tyres have inserts inside to ensure bullet proof quality,all other foreign made APV used rubber tyres also.
This is commendable. Banks can patronise them to reduce carnage involved in carrying cash
Pls nairalander lets be positive about this country.
If you do not know about a topic , pls keep shut. A lot of postings here a damn ingorant and illeterate.
The largest companies abroad still produce things for the defence sector; like Boeing , MD, daewoo etc
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by bawomolo(m): 4:38am On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 15, 2009
rotflmao grin
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Hanoobaba(m): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2009
That pangolo should have been painted white then I would have called it a white elephant. Projects like this make me remember OBJ 001 the assault rifle that was to be designed in the name of the last president, of course the project went down the drain after so many millions of dollars have been pumped into it and our policemen are still carrying rusty kalashis and hk g36 around. Nigerians can be so gullible. That pangolo looks more like a hearse to me and that is what it would have been assuming my humble self have been called to perform a test on it with Yaradull and the dumb IG in it. I would destroy it Rambo style with an M16M203. I wonder if it will be called Yaraslow 001 in honour of YARADUMB.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by nex(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2009
I have been trying to avoid this thread for a while now but I just have a little something to say to you all.

NIGERIANS ARE BAD PEOPLE. WE'RE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY.

I can bet my life that if Phillip Emeagwali had remained in Nigeria, we would have turned him to a bus driver.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Afam(m): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2009
nex:

I have been trying to avoid this thread for a while now but I just have a little something to say to you all.

NIGERIANS ARE BAD PEOPLE. WE'RE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY.

I can bet my life that if Phillip Emeagwali had remained in Nigeria, we would have turned him to a bus driver.

Na envy and jealousy dey cause am, no mind dem, bad belle people.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Jakumo(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2009
All joking aside, the Nigerian police force needs far greater numbers of armored personnel carriers than it currently has, to protect anti-crime units during their confrontations with armed robbers wielding infantry assault weapons.   If such vehicles can be manufactured in Nigeria, their reduced cost in comparison to imported vehicles should encourage the acquisition of fleets of such rolling fortresses by the police, who currently run enormous risks of ambush as they respond to distress calls.   The six gun-ports below every reinforced window on the pictured truck will allow the occupants to fire from positions of relative safety, albeit with greatly diminished accuracy for engaging targets at any distances beyond close-quarters.  That roof opening means that a heavy-duty belt-fed machine gun can be deployed to devastating effect, as a longer-range supplement to the "indoor" shooting positions. 

Despite the vehicle possibly having been grafted onto the chassis of a standard truck, it will serve its intended purpose PROVIDED that suspension upgrades are installed to reduce the risk of roll-over accidents due to the elevated center of gravity and top-heavy nature of armored vehicles with high ground-clearance.  Crucially, run-flat tire inserts MUST BE fitted to ALL wheels, so that the vehicle can stay mobile subsequent to having its tires shredded by gunfire.   Run-flat wheel inserts are available from specialty suppliers at about $1,600 for a set of four.   

Anyone who was witnessed Nigerian highway robbers in action will definitely applaud the news that more armored cavalry vehicles might be made available to the Nigerian police for their rolling war on criminals with military backgrounds and weaponry.  This Nigerian-made APC initiative is a timely and very worthwhile one indeed, and is good news to anyone who realizes there is in fact no-one else to call BUT the police, imperfect though they may be, when the chit hits the fan.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by nex(m): 9:07am On Aug 15, 2009
Do these people even know that Mitsubishi, Toyota, BMW and Benz make the engines and parts of cars manufactured by several car companies all over Europe?

Look at Leo Stan Ekeh and his Zinox. Beautiful computers. We refused to patronize him. We started asking questions about whether he manufactured his own processors, because if not, then It's not truly a Nigerian Computer! Imagine that. Does HP manufacture processors? Does IBM manufacture processors? Does Toshiba manufacture processors? Is it not from Intel they get their processors? The same place Zinox acquired its own.

Some higher morons started asking whether the computers are running on an Operating System designed by Zinox because if not, then It's not really a Nigerian computer. Does Compaq create its own OS? Has Sony invented its own OS? Is it not windows all of them are using? Same Windows OS Zinox Computers use.

The group that really patronized Zinox the most was the Federal Government and its agencies. They tried, but that was not enough. Zinox now is gone. Gone far away to China where it can have peace. Importing our own products to us at a detriment to our balance of trade. How many jobs lost, that fragment of the GDP gone forever because of Nigerians stupidity, wickedness and envy.

Tomorrow you will say "Ah! Kase Lawal is wicked. He went to open refinery in Venezuela when Nigerians are suffering." " Ye! Phillip Emeagwali is bad. He went to invent computer for people that already had the best, when Nigerian children haven't even seen a PC in their lives." "Kai! Hassan Jega is heartless. He went to manufacture precision surgery devices in the USA when Nigerian children are dying." You are the ones killing yourselves because you reject every saviour yet worship false prophets. God will continue to punish Nigerians not because of Oil, not because of Leaders, not because of Diversity, but because since the days of the Tower Of Babel, our hearts have remained as hardened as the gravel.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Beaf: 9:14am On Aug 15, 2009
@nex

Some don't realise for instance that 99% of all laptop, mobile phones, tv's and all other electronics are made in China and have been for many years. All other countries do is put a badge on the case like zinox. Who makes their own processors in this World? Everybody buy's from China.
This is how we kill the things that will help us. Sometimes, I wonder if it is a curse.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by nex(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2009
It is a curse O! A generational curse.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2009
The only reason products are produced in China is because manpower is the cheapest in the world and the natives have the required skill sets. The Chinese do not invent, they just manufacture!

If the West wanted they could bring China to it's knees. Just stop importing goods or move production elsewhere such as India or Mexico and the China dream is over. Around 90% of goods manufactured there are destined for the West anyway and 99% are Western technology and patents, even the Japanese produce most of their electrical goods in China!

When you have 1.5 billion people, human resource is cheap! At the end of the day everything comes down to price, nothing else matters!

Inventing a product is one thing, manufacturing it commercially is another. Nigeria has no skilled work force to speak of, except maybe in the oil sector, poor electricity supply, corruption and bureaucracy at every turn!

So for the for-seeable future, China it is!

For the information of the misinformed:

Intel processors are manufactured in Hudson, Mass. USA by Intel
AMD (Global Foundries) processors are manufactured in Malta, New York at a new $4.2 billion dollar production facility
Toyota engines for Europe are produced at TMUK's facility in Deeside, North Wales, UK
Bayerische Motoren Werke or BMW is European, so is Benz and they are produced in Europe
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Beaf: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2009
Thor:

The only reason products are produced in China is because manpower is the cheapest in the world and the natives have the required skill sets. The Chinese do not invent, they just manufacture!

If the West wanted they could bring China to it's knees. Just stop importing goods or move production elsewhere such as India or Mexico and the China dream is over. Around 90% of goods manufactured there are destined for the West anyway and 99% are Western technology and patents, even the Japanese produce most of their electrical goods in China!

When you have 1.5 billion people, human resource is cheap! At the end of the day everything comes down to price, nothing else matters!

Inventing a product is one thing, manufacturing it commercially is another. Nigeria has no skilled work force to speak of, except maybe in the oil sector, poor electricity supply, corruption and bureaucracy at every turn!

So for the for-seeable future, China it is!

For the information of the misinformed, Pentium processors are manufactured in Hudson, Mass. USA by Intel

White boy, stop pulling the wool over your own eyes; your Europe is nowhere near China technologically. Only the US can claim to be more technologically advanced than China. How many of your European countries have sent anybody into space or you don't have patents for it? Or China got the technology from those who have never sent a cockroach into space too? Your time is passing and you're using it badly. By the grace of God, we too will overtake your Europe and get all our looted stuff from you guy's.

All hail Nigerian inventors and technologists. Na small, small we go de climb up!
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by ikeyman00(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2009
thur

i always know u are really a stupid man

bloody stupid

Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2009
Beaf:

White boy, stop pulling the wool over your own eyes; your Europe is nowhere near China technologically. Only the US can claim to be more technologically advanced than China. How many of your European countries have sent anybody into space or you don't have patents for it? Or China got the technology from those who have never sent a cockroach into space too? Your time is passing and you're using it badly. By the grace of God, we too will overtake your Europe and get all our looted stuff from you guy's.

All hail Nigerian inventors and technologists. Na small, small we go de climb up!

LMAO  grin grin grin

Nigeria will have to overtake Afghanistan first  grin grin

Not sure exactly what the British looted from Nigeria. Maybe you will make a list of exactly what Nigeria has other than corruption, criminality, stupidity, lack of education, laziness, third world mind set, poverty, 419, fraud, filthy streets, slums, oppression, poor or little health care, no electricity, failed nation status, dictators, pollution, child rape, child abuse, militants, kidnappers, HIV, AIDS, Ogboni Mugu Fraternity, Nigerians!

So Europe's time is passing? That should read like bad news to Nigerian's as Billions are sent in aid to the sad failed state that Nigeria is every year!

Oh well, maybe beef will have to wait a little longer before he gets to experience a flushing toilet and soap!  grin grin grin

ikeyman00:

thur

i always know u are really a stupid man

bloody stupid

If you had any sort of education you would understand that you should have written:

"I have  always known that you are a really stupid man"

You also need to capitalise letters at the start of a sentence!

You can put a monkey like you in a suit but unfortunately your primitive and backward mindset remains  sad

Oh well, you fit the typical Nigerian standard  grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by ikeyman00(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2009
somebody is ripping the friut sowed in another's man country

how stupid can it get

europe was blown up; they stood and dug it

japan nko?

china nko

stupid man nko?
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by ikeyman00(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2009
has anyone seen how the first helicopter was made

the things has to maned like peddling a bicycle

and it could barely crossed over the Atlantic

it always very difficult to argue with a baffon

very hard

assuming at their idiom
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by ikeyman00(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2009
guys like those should be encourage; nigeria badly need them

enbracing up copy-cat wouldnt help nigeria, so they need to be encourage

does anyone remember how big a mobile phone used to be

remote control nko

human brain revolve over development etc

thats the reason u have 2nd generation technology, 3rd etc

so thur

are u human? or are u dancer
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by nex(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2009
@Thor

with your ID, the least I can expect is that you should be Thorough in whatever you do.

You said China has cheap labour, so do they not have the capital? They don't have land abi? No entrepreneurs? Now even you say that the Chinese have the requisite skills. What factor of production is missing now? The European atmosphere?

I will give you one example. The USA has always tried to disturb Russia with the issue of their missile defence system. They want to use that to threaten the Eastern Nations into believing that with their satellites all around the world monitoring, no country would be able to challenge them in war. While this arguement of Missile Defence in Poland/No Missile Defence in Poland was raging between USA and Russia, the government of China was silent. They sent some boys into the labs to invent something that would take out the missile defence system at anytime. So was born the surface to space missile which China used to bring down one of its own satellites claiming that the satellite had become obsolete. It took the USA about a year to be able to develope and test their first surface to space missile in response. Since then the USA has toned down on its disturbances of Russia with missile defence because China just showed the world that these idiots can keep throwing their hard working tax payers billions of dollars outerspace, but we can bring the whole thing down with a few missiles. So tell the USA that China invents nothing, if they won't call you a counter intelligence officer for the PRC.

About all those companies you listed? Who asked you for their full names, addresses and achievements? The fact that Intel makes $4 billion, does that make any difference to what I posted that they supply most of the world's computer companies with processors?

The fact that Mitsubishi will manufacture engines for Peugeot Jeeps means Peugeots are not French cars?

What exactly was the point of irrelevant information to this thread?

Arse-man!
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by nex(m): 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2009
These young people have worked hard and they have something to show. Even if you hate Nigeria, can't you people just appreciate creativity?
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by nex(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2009
Tony Blair and Jacques Chirac watched too many of those sci-fi movies shown by the USA's NASA "Entertainment Company".

Next thing Europe gathered their citizen's taxes, under the umbrella body of the ESA (European Space Agency) molded it into one solid metal object, named it Beagle 2 and tossed it into space.

Till this very day, you have not asked questions on what really happened, why they felt that money could not be budgeted for something else or even stood up to be told the truth about what happened to the money.

They claimed it was a failure, but wasn't it planned to be a failure? How were they planning to recoup the funds? By having 1 million hits on beagle2.com?

You people never complain when Europeans are experimenting, innovating, stealing and wasting. Why talk when we wat to do ours?
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ Nex

You sure are a frustrated little asshole  grin grin

I am sure that you can say everything that is in your small peanut sized brain in one post, no need to post three different replies  grin grin grin

Shout as much as you like about the rest of the world, does not change the fact that Nigeria sucks at everything it does and I put that down to low life illiterate peasants such as yourself that are destroying the country with your gross stupidity  grin grin

Now go and take a few steps outside your hovel and breath some deep breaths of slum air!

By the way the two Yahoo Obasa brothers are fraudsters! They engaged in several scam activities while in the US. It is simpler then to understand how they came about their working capital and why they had to return to Nigeria of all places!

http://cases.justia.com/us-court-of-appeals/F3/15/603/536713/

Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Beaf: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2009
Poor Thor.

I know his type they abound in British sink estates. Their only education is murder, drugs and how to wield a knife, so you've grown up hating your mother and not knowing your father. Rejected by your country, on liquor and the dole.

It's all burnt deep in your psyche now white boy. You come here hating yourself and thinking, "hmmm I could at least mix with Africans so that I can steal something like my forefathers".  "Maybe I could live up my delusions of grandiose existence", sorry fool, we see through you; go get some cheap prostitute or some crack around the corner.
You don't need to mix with us white boy, we don't need societal rejects and pathological leeches. Don't feel slightly disturbed that you hang around people you hate? Or is it that you jerk off as you post?

Don't worry boy, We'll get you like they got the Nazi's; you and you thieving forefathers.

Remember the things you guys stole?
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
Beaf:

Don't worry boy, We'll get you like they got the Nazi's; you and you thieving forefathers.

Remember the things you guys stole?

You still have not mentioned what we supposedly stole? Even if I wanted to steal something, do you honestly think I would come to a country where the most precious and readily available commodity is stupidity?

I gave you some possibilities maybe you can be more specific?

Make a list of exactly what Nigeria has other than corruption, criminality, stupidity, lack of education, laziness, third world mind set, poverty, 419, fraud, filthy streets, slums, oppression, poor or little health care, no electricity, failed nation status, dictators, goats, STD's, pollution, child rape, child abuse, militants, kidnappers, MEND, Boko Haram, HIV, AIDS, Ogboni Mugu Fraternity, Nigerians and now a metal box welded onto a Toyota chassis  grin grin grin

Please be specific!

Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by kelvin(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2009
Wow.

You guys need to develop an "uppy" attitude towards stuff like this. The guys claim they can produce the APC with the same quality at half the current price and with standard specification. We should at least give them a chance and see what happens.
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Yorubaman2: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2009
How did u people find out Thor was White and a freaking racist
bnp t wat
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
kelvin:

Wow.

You guys need to develop an "uppy" attitude towards stuff like this. The guys claim they can produce the APC with the same quality at half the current price and with standard specification. We should at least give them a chance and see what happens.

Nobody has said that they should not be given a chance and it will be ministers that will decide whether the project is funded or not!

It is just that such a useless development takes pride of place when the country is lacking such basic amenities  undecided

Nigerians can build an armoured car, but can not provide electricity , health care or clean drinking water for it's people!

This is not a development, this is a step backwards  embarassed embarassed
Re: Yar'adua Inspects Nigeria-made Armoured Personnel Carrier by Thor(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2009
Yoruba-man:

How did u people find out Thor was White and a freaking racist
bnp t wat

If speaking the truth about the situation in Nigeria = Racism, then let it be called Racism!

If the truth hurts, then let it hurt!

If your answer to the countries myriad of problems is to brand any criticism as coming from a white man, then who cares, the problems still exist and continue to get worse with every day that passes!

For all your words you are living in a shit hole and nobody is doing anything about it!

stupid  definition
stu·pid (sto̵̅o̅′pid, styo̵̅o̅′-)

adjective

in a state of stupor; dazed; stunned; stupefied
lacking normal intelligence or understanding; slow-witted; dull
showing or resulting from a lack of normal intelligence; foolish; irrational a stupid idea
dull and boring; tiresome [a stupid party]: also used informally as a generalized term of disapproval a stupid hat
Etymology: L stupidus < stupere, to be stunned or amazed < IE *steup-, to strike: see steep
noun

a stupid person - Beaf, Nez, Yoruba-Man - Ikeyman - Flehmmy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Atiku - Saharareporters / Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.