Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff (34220 Views)

Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:04pm On May 10, 2016
Bank bank... nw ucaseena dose people saying they want to work i bank...... grin grin grin grin
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by eyeview: 3:21pm On May 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

How does this have to do with Buhari?
If you don't understand how this has to do with buhari,then my explanation of macro economics will still fly over your head,so I won't bother.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by eyeview: 3:22pm On May 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

How does this have to do with Buhari?
If you don't understand how this has to do with buhari,then my explanation of macro economics will still fly over your head,so I won't bother.
Don't worry
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 10, 2016
eyeview:
I think the most stupid set in nigeria now are those who after one year are still accusing the last administration for this govt's poor performance.
Buhari and apc made some promises during their campaign. Can someone please ask them how they had planned to fulfill those promises.
1,Buhari promised to create 1000 jobs every year, please,he needs to tell us how he had planned to achieve that. Instead what we've been having have been job losses of over 3,000 in less than one year.
2,Buhari promised to make $1 equal to N1. Instead what we had was $1 going to an alltime high of over N400(first in the history of the naira). Can someone in a media chat ask him how he actually planned to fulfil that when he made that promise during campaign.
3,Buhari promised to increase power production to 10,000 megawatts from the near 5,000megawatts jonathan left it. Instead he hit 0megawatts(first in the history since the amalgamation of nigeria in 1914). He needs to explain to us how he had planned to achieve this when he promised it(fashola even went further to give a realization period of 6months to that promise). Instead it has moved from bad to worse with nothing but increase in the tarriff.
4,Buhari promised to bring back the chibok girls in weeks if voted in.he was voted. And in this case,the BBOG campaigners and their parents asked him directly and the man looked them in the eyes and told them that he doesn't know where their daughters are and left.
5,Buhari critisized heavily the subsidy regime and promised to end fuel scarcity if voted. Today,he is even paying more for subsidy and we are now having the longest persistent queue in the history of Nigeria(4months uninterrupted).

I don't even want to go into other promises like daily feeding of school children and paying the unemployed the sum of N5000 monthly. Anyone that believed those are of all men most pitiable.
Buhari and Apc made these promises on their own volition(independent of pdp and GEJ) and we believe they must have a definite strategy on how to bring it to pass. So,nobody should keep alluding to the past.

Hahahahaha Hahahahaha
Una nefa chee chomchin grin grin grin grin

Until the wailing is synchronised, there will be no change tongue tongue tongue

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by stevecantrell: 4:20pm On May 10, 2016
Ladi Balogun had difficulty running fcmb in good times, I'm not surprised this is happening now.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by tefund(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2016
Bad News Everyday
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2016
eyeview:

Don't worry
If you're sensible, you've known that the reason for the closing up of the branches of FCMB, though bad, was necessary. The bank inherited FinBank when it became bankrupt. What do you expect FCMB to do with the branches of the former FinBank that are close to FCMB? The bank is privately owned. Do you think it's easy or even necessary to maintain two or more branches of a bank in, say, Alausa, Ikeja?
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by walexy14(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2016
Love Machine:
Does traders,eg tomatoes and pepper sellers do online transactions?Even though i a computer literate,i don't do online transactions because it is risky.A situation where one will make a withdrawal in atm,where money doesn't dispense,they will send an alert that money has been withdrawn.
You need to wake up bro!!! if really you are computer literate , you wont say all this
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by walexy14(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2016
Love Machine:
Does traders,eg tomatoes and pepper sellers do online transactions?Even though i a computer literate,i don't do online transactions because it is risky.A situation where one will make a withdrawal in atm,where money doesn't dispense,they will send an alert that money has been withdrawn.
You need to wake up bro!!! if really you are computer literate , you wont be saying all this
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by deebrain(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2016
eyeview:
...And how many jobs did Buhari and APC promise to create in their one year in office?
Every day we hear of massive sack.

don't fear.

The jobs are first, the 10,000 police goons; then the remaining millions of unemployment youth will be engaged in teaching, farming (and farming related) jobs as well as the prescribed masquerade dressing initiatives.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by wxyz1: 7:37pm On May 10, 2016
OlowoB:
If you are in Nigeria at the moment, you better buckle up cos things will likely get worse before it gets better (this is not a curse)

The past govt has sold Nigeria away and things can only get better after a lot of thorough cleansing has been done by the current administration.

Good news is, if you are a child of God and you have something doing no matter how small, you will be immune to all the wailings of some people left, right and centre.

This is my opinion.
Where is the cleansing? fighting of pensive enemies? i see!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Jecyangel(f): 8:30pm On May 10, 2016
KingRex1:
Im not surprised, FCMB is a very terrible bank, no offense.

I couldnt withdraw from my salary savings account for almost 6months they had so many lame protocol excuses, went to the customer care bt saw a long queue of bittered customers. Mehn i gave up, had to make transfers to my other bank b4 withdrawal

What really happened cos the fcmb I know is customer centric
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Emeka71(m): 7:14am On May 11, 2016
In that case they must have shutdown Onipan branch because that is my bank.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Babe2sure(f): 1:14pm On May 11, 2016
KingRex1:
Im not surprised, FCMB is a very terrible bank, no offense.

I couldnt withdraw from my salary savings account for almost 6months they had so many lame protocol excuses, went to the customer care bt saw a long queue of bittered customers. Mehn i gave up, had to make transfers to my other bank b4 withdrawal

FCMB sucks! I think people that have salary accounts with them feel the pang of their poor service more. They rile me up most of the time with their poor service. Each of us always have issues with them. They will take forever to release new staff accounts we open with them.
I can't count the number of times I have had to shout down on their bankers through phone, whatsapp etc. Still the issues will not be solved. Until I go there and sit with them to resolve staffs issues one by one. It's really irking. And the cycle continues.....

Jecyangel:

What really happened cos the fcmb I know is customer centric

God help you if you have any complaint with them about your transactions, that is when you will know how terrible their service is. They are slow to resolve customers issues. They have poor work ethics. The most annoying thing is, they don't operate the same way. Some transactions that are acceptable at this FCMB might not be acceptable at another FCMB branch even though you were charged you for it. I have often wondered if they trained them differently. A customer complained of the same thing while I was there. He had three separate accounts with them (Army related salary accounts) and they were giving him problems on all the three accounts. His problem was compounded by the fact that, it's different way of operating for their different branches. SMH!
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by KingRex1(m): 1:26pm On May 11, 2016
Babe2sure:

FCMB sucks! I think people that have salary accounts with them feel the pang of their poor service more. They rile me up most of the time with their poor service. Each of us always have issues with them. They will take forever to release new staff accounts we open with them.
I can't count the number of times I will have to shout down on their bankers through phone, whatsapp etc. Still the issues will not be solved. Until I go there and sit with them to resolve staffs issues one by one. It's really irking. And the cycle continues.....

God help you if you have any complaint with them about your transactions, that is when you will know how terrible their service is. They are slow to resolve customers issues. They have poor work ethics. The most annoying thing is, they don't operate the same way. Some transactions that are acceptable at this FCMB might not be acceptable at another FCMB branch even though you were charged you for it. I have often wondered if they trained them differently. A customer complained of the same thing while I was there. He had three separate accounts with them (Army related salary accounts) and they were giving him problems on all the three accounts. His problem was compounded by the fact that, it's different way of operating for their different branches. SMH!
Thank you dear! Dats exactly the point i ws stressin. Its like you jst narrated my ordeal with that bank. Like i said i'm not suprised they folding up.

Just yesterday they sent me a msg sayin they'll be closing up the branch i registered with.. I was like 'who cares?'
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Babe2sure(f): 1:31pm On May 11, 2016
KingRex1:
Thank you dear! Dats exactly the point i ws stressin. Its like you jst narrated my ordeal with that bank. Like i said i'm not suprised they folding up.

Just yesterday they sent me a msg sayin they'll be closing up the branch i registered with.. I was like 'who cares?'

Same here. Who cares? It's just the people that will be rendered jobless that I pity.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Dajugba: 1:35pm On May 11, 2016
such news is not new. we only have to intercede for her nation. and citizens should consider being self employed and create wealth to help de nation. check my signature and follow de link.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by chaktty: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Buyers Of Nigeria Food Stuff In Usa Season 2 / NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.