Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. (938 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Essay Causes Atheist To Seriously Question Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by Nobody: 9:32am On May 10, 2016
[center]This post was originally published in my blog but I decide to re post it here for more elaboration.Here is the original link http://gabrielobinna.com/11-steps-convert-atheist-christian/[/center]

1. First of all, know what atheism is and who an atheist is.

If you ask me which God I worship as an atheist, I will automatically label you a fool. An atheist is not someone that says ‘God doesn’t exist’ Atheism is a lack of belief in ANY God. For you to walk up to an atheist and say, ‘you are religious because you believe in atheism’ is pretty dumb and that will ruin your chance of getting through to him

2. I am a human being just like you.

You are not better than me. Having the thought that you are better than others just because you believe in God is lame. It doesn’t take a god to be moral. In-fact morality is a debate for another day. You are not MORE moral just because you have a reason to do good than those that just want to do good because it is the right thing to do. Atheism is not synonymous to terrorism and religious is not the same with ‘good guy’. A lot of harm has been committed by people in the name of religion. In fact some group of people commits acts of terrorism because their religion promises them a reward.

3. You CANT use the bible to convert an atheist.

So just stop all those quoting of the Bible. It is a big turn off. Most people consider a book that endorsed slavery as lame so using it as a yardstick is lame too. Most atheists are quite versed. In their search for knowledge, they’ve studied extensively and have come to such conclusion. I believe that logic will do more good than using religious text.

4. Hell fire

If there is Hell fire, I will gladly step in and shake hands with Thomas Edison. Trust me, Hell fire doesn’t scare Atheist. I know you are still a Christian not because you really want to go to heaven but because you don’t want to go hell (Judging from the horrible picture of Hell fire painted by scared people too.)

5. How Christianity different from thousands of other religion??

No don’t quote the bible here (see, I told you before not everybody fancy KJV Bible). Maybe you should read about the origin of major Christian beliefs. You probably will get scared. Religion is a copy cat. A bunch of plagiarized texts from other ancient scripts. Christianity is a borrowed religion. The foundation tenet of Christianity is copied from ancient Egyptian religion (talk of virgin birth, flood, Adam and Eve etc). So, Christianity is not unique, your religion is not unique. Saying Christianity is different from other religion is a big turn off.

6. Yeah go ahead and pray for me.

Maybe one day God will answer your prayers but till then, I am still an atheist. Heed to my advice, prayer is funny to atheists.

7. Know the basics.

Learn ordinary Biology, and simple geography (you can’t stand on a mountain and see all the kingdom of the earth). Study Abiogenesis, Evolution, history, Maths (Yeah who told you 2 people (Adam and Eve) can give birth to 9 billion people in 6,000 yrs.) Go and study math’s. Yeah it is possible to be a mathematician and still be religious but not knowing basic knowledge is a big turn off!

8. Blame Game!

Just because things are hard for me doesn’t mean it happened because I am an unbeliever. Don’t play that card, it sucks. Good and bad happens to us all. The difference is that you blame an imaginary Satan.

9. Apart from hell fire,

what else will happen to me if I don’t become a Christian? Nothing. Well I might lose the privilege of having a great life by doing things that actually matters instead of worshipping God.

10. Don’t speak for God.

It is so annoying how God will send people I don’t like to tell me how much he loves me. If Virgin Mary likes me, she should come pay me a visit and we can talk about it throughout the night. (In other thought, I really don’t like virgins, especially those that have been used by the creator of the universe)

11. Think before you speak.

I am tired of face palms. Do you know how you sound when you say God created me? The creation story is out dated. It has been defeated thousands of times in debates, analysis It is an insult to my father’s Libido. (Please don’t say who then created my father).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by nnadychuks(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2016
Conscience is greater than belief... Dassol
Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by Nobody: 9:41am On May 10, 2016
nnadychuks:
Conscience is greater than belief... Dassol

Most times conscience is usually influenced by the environment....any way, your thought, your idea.
Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by nnadychuks(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2016
GabrielObinna4:

Most times conscience is usually influenced by the environment....any way, your thought, your idea.
belief can be influenced by the environment,not conscience
Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by Nobody: 9:45am On May 10, 2016
nnadychuks:
belief can be influenced by the environment,not conscience

Both can be influenced by the environment.
If you grew up in an area that prohibits eating rice, whenever you want to eat rice your conscience will prick you that you are doing something wrong.

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by Peritus(m): 9:48am On May 10, 2016
What many Christians have failed to realize is that salvation belongs to the sinners. Christ told us to go and proclaim the Good news, but we never really told them that. We tell them that God is mad at them, and is counting their wrongs. The reward given to the person that started in the morning is same as the one given to those that started at the dying minute.
Sinners are the most favoured and you are there to inform them instead of passing a judgment of condemnation.

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by bytemeister(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2016
Another Atheist?!...Where the hell do they keep coming from.
Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by cloudgoddess(f): 1:30pm On May 10, 2016
bytemeister:
Another Atheist?!...Where the hell do they keep coming from.
Someone sounds very pained wink

Nice writeup OP.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by oglalasioux(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2016
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by bytemeister(m): 10:54pm On May 10, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Someone sounds very pained wink

Nice writeup OP.
Why won't I sound pained when all they do is speak ill of both the bible and quran. They know too much and they'll point out exactly where errors are, why can't they just keep their smartness to themselves while we keep on been ignorant, afterall where folly is a bliss it's foolish to be wise
Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by simplex2: 11:34pm On May 10, 2016
Don't ask us where we will go to when we die
Unless you took a selfie the last time you visited heaven, stop bugging us with tales of streets made of gold and a diamond crown you will wear. You come out sounding like those expecting 72 virgins when they die.

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by onetrack(m): 3:37am On May 11, 2016
bytemeister:

Why won't I sound pained when all they do is speak ill of both the bible and quran. They know too much and they'll point out exactly where errors are, why can't they just keep their smartness to themselves while we keep on been ignorant, afterall where folly is a bliss it's foolish to be wise

In one sense I agree that ignorance is bliss; however, there are millions of people whose ignorance is being taken advantage of by pastors and mallams, and pointing out problems with religious texts is one way to combat this.
Re: 11 Steps To Convert An Atheist To A Christian. by ValentineMary(m): 6:55am On May 11, 2016
Nice one OP. Some dumb theist even say atheist worship devil, like WTF!!! The way some theist reason sef eh.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Android App To Pay With, Receive & Cash Airtime For Free / Pastor E.a. Adeboye Of Rccg Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair. / Afflicted With Cancer Of Breast And Vagina, But Jesus Healed Me In Chosen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.