Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

God, Man And Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God, Man And Tithe (553 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God, Man And Tithe by Empredboy(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2016
About the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3096665/should-pay-tithe-pay-brothers. Lets understand this issue of tithe, mal 3:8-9. Its a 10% payment to God from our earnings.
Now lets be logical in this reason, God created us in his own image and likeness Gen 1:27. Which Means we are also God also been called his children.
Bible said how can you claim to love God whom you can't see but hate your fellow human being whom you can see 1john 4:20. You younger bro had been sent away from school because of school fees you refused to help him (a human God whom you can see) then decided to give the (spiritual) God whom you can't see. Is that not foolishness? Remember the story of the good samaritan luke 10:25-37. My question, comparing your attitude towards your bro who is in need and the whole people mentioned and the sick person in the story of the good samaritan, is there any difference?
My bible tells me God created man in his own image and likeness so if i help my neighbour with my tithe offering i have done same for God. Period.

3 Likes

Re: God, Man And Tithe by olafruitful(f): 12:29pm On May 10, 2016
Empredboy:
About the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3096665/should-pay-tithe-pay-brothers. Lets understand this issue of tithe, mal 3:8-9. Its a 10% payment to God from our earnings.
Now lets be logical in this reason, God created us in his own image and likeness Gen 1:27. Which Means we are also God also been called his children.
Bible said how can you claim to love God whom you can't see but hate your fellow human being whom you can see 1john 4:20. You younger bro had been sent away from school because of school fees you refused to help him (a human God whom you can see) then decided to give the (spiritual) God whom you can't see. Is that not foolishness? Remember the story of the good samaritan luke 10:25-37. My question, comparing your attitude towards your bro who is in need and the whole people mentioned and the sick person in the story of the good samaritan, is there any difference?
My bible tells me God created man in his own image and likeness so if i help my neighbour with my tithe offering i have done same for God. Period.

Help Your Brother Too, its not compulsory You pay Your Tithe... Help Humanity bro...
Re: God, Man And Tithe by Empredboy(m): 12:39pm On May 10, 2016
olafruitful:

Help Your Brother Too, its not compulsory You pay Your Tithe... Help Humanity bro...
yeah thats the message. I am not against tithe but we should help our fellow neigbour
Re: God, Man And Tithe by ifenes(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2016
Isn't tithe similar to animal sacrfies to ancient deities. In a modern world people still pay tithe to the gods?
Re: God, Man And Tithe by Danielomisco(m): 12:51pm On May 10, 2016
May God bless you
Re: God, Man And Tithe by kodded(m): 12:59pm On May 10, 2016
[s]
ifenes:
Isn't tithe similar to animal sacrfies to ancient deities. In a modern world people still pay tithe to the gods?
[/s]
Re: God, Man And Tithe by Empredboy(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2016
Danielomisco:
May God bless you
amen and you too
Re: God, Man And Tithe by Empredboy(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2016
Abeg let's push it to front page
Re: God, Man And Tithe by olafruitful(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2016
Empredboy:
yeah thats the message. I am not against tithe but we should help our fellow neigbour

Even the bible in the new testament did not emphasize tithe, check out the book of Act, it said everyone was bringing in what He as for the benefit of others, in which some deacons were appointed. So don't bother yourself on Men, you go ahead and practice the Word. But our soul aim also as a Christian is to also Take Care of Our Pastors Who Labour Over Us Spiritually, as Some of them are are called of God, so if they venture into secular Jobs, God will not be pleased... So far the Gospel is Preached with Ease for them. Think from that View. Every tin You Do For them will be that you are doing it for Jesus. God bless You. Not only Finances Bless them, our Prayers also Goes a long way...
Re: God, Man And Tithe by Frankamah11(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2016
.......PERIOD BROTHER,PEEERIOD!!...
there is no argument about this,u just nailed it home. A brother asked that question ,abt helping pay his brothers fees who has been sent out of school with his tithe money and "GIVING THE TITHE TO HIS PASTOR" ...I was like WTF!!!
we should stop following God blindly oo!!

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: How 11 Disciples Spoken To Becomes 500- Mt 28:19,20 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.