Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

“being Responsible”‎ – Tokunbo Fasoro - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / “being Responsible”‎ – Tokunbo Fasoro (326 Views)

ARE YOU RECOMMENDABLE? By Tokunbo Fasoro / "All Fingers Are Not Equal, Must Your Own Be The Shortess" By Tokunbo Fasoro / Secrets To Passing A Job Interview -tokunbo Fasoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“being Responsible”‎ – Tokunbo Fasoro by BISolutionsng: 1:28pm On May 10, 2016
www.biempowerment.com
#WeLoveGraduates
#WeEmpowerYouths
Sometimes last month a friend was talking to me about a brilliant business opportunity and she needed a partner to get the job done and immediately we recognized who would just fit into the role. But as soon as his name was mentioned, guess what she said? “I cannot work with him on this project because he will not take it seriously ” then I asked why? And she said while working with him in the same organization, I noticed he regularly comes late to work and that is an organization were he is under authority so imagine if he was to do stuff himself, he would never take it seriously. In conclusion he lost the opportunity
Well I don’t know if her assumptions where right or not but the point remains that his not being able to show responsibility on his present job, made him loose the fantastic offer.
Sometimes we just do stuff without realizing someone may just be watching and you will surly be remembered in a positive light or in the negative light when the opportunity comes.
Reliability is an amiable characteristic a person who does as promised is responsible and reliable. People don’t like dealing with people who are unreliable, they rather give their businesses and rewards to someone they can count on.

Tips on how to be responsible.

1. Do as promised: When you let people down, they stop believing in you, you are taken seriously only if you do as you have promised
2. Be consistent, You don’t take a break on responsibility, it’s continuous .
3. Never place the blame: Take full responsibility for the actions you have made, never look for who to put the blame on. You did not get to work late because of traffic, you simply did not leave early enough. A responsible person tackles difficult tasks without blaming others for any set back or problems. Instead they are responsible for its success and failures and with the risks the rewards come.
4. Avoid complaining: Stop complaining about things you cannot help, expend the energy into something positive. Whenever you are about to make a negative statement, change it into something positive and people will change the way the look at you.
5. Stop making excuses.. A responsible person explains the real reasons why they did not get the job done like, “I did not try hard enough”
6. Avoid procrastinating : Get the job done avoid missing dead lines .
7. Learn to say sorry..It actually hard to say but, but step up and take responsibility , say am sorry, “I made a mistake and it’s not going to happen again”. And because you have learned from it, it will prevent you from making the same mistake again the future
8. Put your strength into being responsible for things you can control avoid the stress of those you cannot.
9. Take responsibility and be in control of your life avoid being totally dependent on people especially for little things you can do yourself.
10. Be someone people can count on..take proper care of a book you borrowed being responsible means you know how to hold up when things get though, you need to be responsible to be there for family and friends.
11. Think critically through decisions and ensure you make the right one.
12. Demonstrate you can handle tasks. No matter how boring and stupid your current responsibilities are, do it well! Some one is watching.

(1) (Reply)

To Own A Business Website Is A Goal To Success / Investment / E-inspirational For Career People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.