Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Practical Advice To Help Get You Results And Accomplish Your Goals. (an Intro) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Practical Advice To Help Get You Results And Accomplish Your Goals. (an Intro) (408 Views)

How To Overcome Time And Accomplish Great Task / ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) / 3 Tips To Help You Escape A Sack Letter When You Can’t Do The Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Practical Advice To Help Get You Results And Accomplish Your Goals. (an Intro) by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 10, 2016
A few days ago, I made the decision to walk away from a business opportunity to pursue writing a book, and the world laughed at me.

A lot of people were surprised by the maneuver. Some even said it was foolish, and that I should have stayed in business. Only the people closest to me knew that it was neither foolish nor a mistake, but a thoughtful and carefully made decision.

I didn't spend weeks or months evaluating my options, and I didn't spend time in the business to see if it were a "good fit". I weighed my options carefully. Decided. Then moved on.

Do I know whether this book will be a success? No I don't. For all I know it might be a total failure. Could a business yield more opportunity, financial or otherwise, than a book will? Possibly so. But I'm not doing this to increase my chances for success, I'm doing it to increase my chances of attaining the kinds of success I want to achieve.

You see, I'm currently at a place in my life where I want to engage more opportunities that appeal to my personal interests. I'm not interested in pursuing a business -- no matter how successful it might be -- if it does not appeal to my individual values and interests. (This is something I'm going to touch on in more detail later in the week.)

Indecision is one of the three biggest inhibitors to success. The other two are procrastination and fear.

When I first started out as an entrepreneur, I was consumed by all three. I second guessed and questioned everything I did. My first e-commerce store took almost a year to launch because I kept redesigning and rebuilding the site because, "it wasn't quite ready, yet". These days, I still have to contend with fear every once in a while, but indecision and procrastination are virtually non-existent to me.

This didn't happen because I grew out of it, but rather the result of deliberate focus and effort to make it happen. I learned very early on that if left unchecked, my indecisiveness was going to be the end of my career. It didn't matter if I were an entrepreneur, an executive, a barber, writer or a street thug. If you can't make decisions, you don't grow, and if you're not growing, success will always be outside of your reach.

Indecision is what holds so many people back from fulfilling their goals and dreams, and I knew back then that I never wanted to be held back.

I mention this because it's one of the many lessons I'll be sharing with you through this website. These are the very lessons that have allowed me to not only grow as an entrepreneur and professionally, but also personally.

This is not one of those entrepreneurship websites that focuses on popular theory and useless strategies. My focus is on offering you a practical and pragmatic approach -- my approach -- that will help get you results and accomplish your objectives.

I'm confident that if you learn from my experiences, as well as the lessons and experiences from other top-performers and elite entrepreneurs whose strategies and processes I've borrowed from; and if you adopt these principles and believe in them wholeheartedly, then you are on the path to more fulfillment and achievement.

A journey I personally refer to as venturing North of Zero.

I'm a little nervous because this will require me to share some of my darkest secrets and failures as an entrepreneur, but that's perfectly okay. The ugliness of life reminds us that it's real. My only prayer is that when the content begins to roll out, it reaches the people who need it most. The people who have ideas but aren't sure how to go about pursuing them. The people who want something more out of life than to work or pay bills. The people looking to further explore their options, but believe they don't have the resources or means to do so. The people who want a better life.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. But only time will tell if I'm successful in that regard. So until then, take care, and be blessed!

Ra
Re: Practical Advice To Help Get You Results And Accomplish Your Goals. (an Intro) by superstr: 4:40pm On May 10, 2016
You need to check www.careerlinko.com to get several useful information. Just check.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Measure Success / School Of Aviation Zaria Recruitment 2015/2016 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.