Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,986 members, 7,821,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

MTN 4G LTE Already Available In Neighboring Countries - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / MTN 4G LTE Already Available In Neighboring Countries (623 Views)

MTN 4G LTE Mifi [quick Sale] / Unlocked MTN 4G LTE MIFI For Sale / Mtn 4g Lte Modem Mobile Mifi MF927U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN 4G LTE Already Available In Neighboring Countries by musicwriter(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2016
Just traveled to the neighboring country, bought a SIM card and found out it was browsing at a very fast speed. I have no idea what I was doing when I checked the pack to discover it was actually 4G LTE. Asked someone he said there was not even much of a hype about it over here.

It's very funny how things neighboring countries we regard as poor take for granted, we regard as big deal in Nigeria. I remember few days ago ntel announced rolling out their 4G LTE in Nigeria and it was such a big deal. People had to go queue at Hilton hotel just to lay their hands on the SIM. The same SIM card is all over the streets here and nobody cares.

I didn't want to write an epistle about this, but this prompts so many thoughts in my mind being the type of a person I am.

The Nigerian government had led Nigerians to a ditch!. We've been led to a gutter in Nigeria- a gutter of mediocrity where our expectation for quality, be it from the government or society in general is very low. Something that other poor countries take for granted matters to us a lot in Nigeria. Example; I've been here for 3 days and there've been no power outage for one minute!. I've not heard the sound of a single generator for 3 days!. But, the successive Nigerian leaders have managed to get my psyche to accept such as a feat. I mean, if this happened in Nigeria it would be considered as a feat for real. Our government have managed to convince me to accept so little from them and to blame myself for their incompetence, instead.

In Nigeria, if you manage to have light for 20 hours a day for 3 days straight, it's a miracle!. Such a miracle that you could go for thanks giving in a church or mosque. And that reminds me few days ago back in Nigeria, there was light for about 6 hours straight, and when they took it my brother exclaimed ''NEPA una dun try today''. And I was like; how did they try?.

The Nigerian government had led Nigerians to expect very little from public office holders, the society at large, and general low self esteem. Most Nigerians live and die without knowing electricity is not supposed to be seized. Most Nigerians don't know electricity is meant to work 24/7, 365 days a year.

This's becoming like a long post, but I don't take things at face value. Rather, I go beyond the surface to find out what's responsible for an effect. I'm usually not interested in ''effects'' or ''consequences'', rather, I'm someone more interested in the ''cause'' and ''why'' question.

I believe the root cause of our low expectation from public office holders dates back to NEPA. That organization destroyed the self esteem and expectation of Nigerians from our government and public office holders. The moment NEPA became inefficient in the late 80's and was branded ''Never expect power always'' and was accepted as normal was a turning point in the destruction of the mind of Nigerians. Because, ironically, at the same time, NEPA started getting a commendation of ''up NEPA'' instead of ''down NEPA'' whenever they restored electricity. The domino effect is the reason for our mediocrity which led to expecting too little from government officials and society in general. Something that doesn't mean anything is big deal to us in Nigeria.

Nigerians needs to really sit up.

2 Likes

Re: MTN 4G LTE Already Available In Neighboring Countries by Flexherbal(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2016
Hmmmm!
What is the way forward?
Re: MTN 4G LTE Already Available In Neighboring Countries by Turks: 2:52am On May 11, 2016
L.O.L

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note For Sale (sold) / Brand New Huawei P8 Lite For Quick Sale / I Need Used Or New 1TB Internal Hard Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.