Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,986 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans (828 Views)

Nigerians Are So Rubbish Libyans Tossed Them Into The Sea / Libyans Killing Nigerians (pics). / Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by olalekanabiona(m): 9:04am On Aug 14, 2009
"[size=14pt]Reps raise alarm over 10 Nigerians executed in Libya [/size]

ABUJA— House of Representatives, yesterday, raised an alarm over 10 Nigerians executed in Libya this week, with another 200 on the death row from today in Tripoli, the Libyan capital city for violating immigration laws.

Briefing the press in Abuja, Chairman, House Committee on Special Duties, Samson Osagie, said that he got the information from some Nigerians living in Libya under the aegis of ‘Edo global’ via an e-mail letter sent to him.

According to him, “I am worried over the lackadaisical attitude of the Federal Government, but I want Nigerians to rise to the occasion by rescuing the lives of Nigerians who are being maltreated by the Libyan authorities for allegedly gaining entry into the country illegally.

“Whether the information is true or not, I want our government, as a matter of urgency, to mobilise all relevant agencies to begin diplomatic negotiations with Libya.

“It needs to be emphasised that it is the primary responsibility of government to protect its citizens anywhere in the world and the doctrine of citizen diplomacy has no better time than now.”

Meanwhile, the House Committee on Diaspora has called on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to intervene to save two hundred inmates of Africa origin, most of them Nigerians on death row from an impending execution in Libya.

According to the Chairman of the Committee, Abike Dabiri, reliable sources in Libya have informed the committee that between thirty two and forty Nigerians, have already been summarily executed in the last one week, while about 200 are facing the death penalty." ---

My view on the Vanguard Report:

I URGE ALL NIGERIANS TO PLS DO SOMETHING WITH THIS EVIL-MINDED ACT BY THAT UNGODLY COUNTRY, This will remains a slap on the whole Nigerians if we allow and remain silent on such a malicious, unconstitutional, barbarous act for the so-called country to be killing Nigerian citizens as if we are chickens,  Why can't they deport them to their home country if they gain entry into their country illegally? This happens everywhere so we cannot shy award from that truth.   NOW WE SHOULD RISE UP AND SAY NO TO THIS, LET THE SPIRIT OF BROTHERHOOD, SISTERHOOD AND CITIZENSHIP FLOURISH!!!!

IDEAS AND SUGGESTION WILL BE OF IMMENSE HELP, WHO DO WE NEED TO CALL UPON TO CURB THIS STUPID ACT??
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by nex(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2009
O God! This lie has finally reached the House of Reps?

Didn't they claim that the Libyans were going to execute the 220 Nigerians by last week Thursday? What are they still waiting for?

Let me make clear that no Nigerian. Will be executed It's all a fable.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by blacksta(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2009
I am not surprised  - Useless house  anyway its foundation is built on lies so what does one expect.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by tpiah2: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2009
so nobody knows the truth of this matter for sure?
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by olalekanabiona(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2009
blacksta:

I am not surprised  - Useless house  anyway its foundation is built on lies so what does one expect.

nex:

O God! This lie has finally reached the House of Reps?

Didn't they claim that the Libyans were going to execute the 220 Nigerians by last week Thursday? What are they still waiting for?

Let me make clear that no Nigerian. Will be executed It's all a fable.

Are you telling me the story that Vanguard carried is not true?  
Why would Abike Dabiri affirm the matter to be true?
True or not true, we must show concern and try as much to spread the news and hear people's view from this.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by blacksta(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2009
olalekan abiona:

Are you telling me the story that Vanguard carried is not true?  
Why would Abike Dabiri affirm the matter to be true?
True or not true, we must show concern and try as much to spread the news and hear people's view from this.  

Very simple - All they need to do is summon the high commissioner from libya to Nigeria / That would simply confirm whether the story is true is not / As usual the Nigerian circus wont do that / but create a false atmosphere that the Reps are doing something.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by olalekanabiona(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2009
You said it all but am not sure if they will take it that serious, our leaders never appreciated their citizens and everything they do is too political, so maybe the intervention of higher authorities like UN will shade more lights the boiling issue.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by Afam(m): 10:04am On Aug 14, 2009
Don't know about the correctness or otherwise of the claim but my question is this

Why would Nigerians engage in illegal activities only to complain when laws made in wherever they find themselves begin to deal with them?

From drugs, crimes to murder and entering a country illegally as if one is a thief. What is wrong with some of us?
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by olalekanabiona(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2009
Afam:

Don't know about the correctness or otherwise of the claim but my question is this

Why would Nigerians engage in illegal activities only to complain when laws made in wherever they find themselves begin to deal with them?

From drugs, crimes to murder and entering a country illegally as if one is a thief. What is wrong with some of us?

You have a very good question and I know large amount of the Nigerian citizens both home and abroad have huge problem but this cannot be ruled out to other citizens as well, Realistically, I wont dispute the fact that people might be engaging in some illegal stuffs but 100% rule of law should be applied and not just killing people anyhow even though it is said that the news is not true!!!
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by kuramo: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2009
In as much as it is difficult to verify the authenticity of this story, one has to be worried about the type of justice Libya is imposing on Nigerians who have fallen foul of Libya's repressive laws.

Yesterday the President's media spokesman ( Adeniyi ) confirmed that information given to the Nigerian Government by it's Ambassador to Libya showed 14 Nigerians are on death row for various offences ranging from murder, drugs, armed robbery and 419.

57 Nigerians are serving life sentence for alcohol related offences, fake currency, drugs, robbery and fighting. 587 others are awaiting trial for various other offences.

One wonders why any Nigerian should be sentenced to life imprisonment in a foreign land for fighting, i think that is barbaric of the Libyans.

The Federal Government needs to seriously tackle the Libyan Authority on this issue.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by presido1: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2009
@Afam,

Did you read the original post? when did punishment for illegal entry become death penalty. What happends to deportation?. If Gadaffi not the one that is advocating for United States Of Africa?. Well Nigerian govt don't take care of their citizens in Nigeria so we shouldn't expect any country to threat us any better.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by Afam(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2009
kuramo:

Yesterday the President's media spokesman ( Adeniyi ) confirmed that information given to the Nigerian Government by it's Ambassador to Libya showed 14 Nigerians are on death row for various offences ranging from murder, drugs, armed robbery and 419.

57 Nigerians are serving life sentence for alcohol related offences, fake currency, drugs, robbery and fighting. 587 others are awaiting trial for various other offences.

One wonders why any Nigerian should be sentenced to life imprisonment in a foreign land for fighting, i think that is barbaric of the Libyans.

The Federal Government needs to seriously tackle the Libyan Authority on this issue.

Every county has the right to make laws that suits it and its citizens. If you feel a country's law is barbaric then don't go there, laws are made by those who have jurisdiction to make them and they are usually tilted to favor the ones making them.
Is every single Nigerian living in Libya on death row?

Unfortunately, by the time some Nigerians realize that not all countries play with the laws it would have been to late to make amends. We must learn to respect the law and constituted authority.

presido1:

@Afam,

Did you read the original post? when did punishment for illegal entry become death penalty. What happends to deportation?. If Gadaffi not the one that is advocating for United States Of Africa?. Well Nigerian govt don't take care of their citizens in Nigeria so we shouldn't expect any country to threat us any better.

Unless you have a copy of the constitution of Libya and can confirm that illegal entry does not attract death penalty I cannot debate this. My point is that any country reserves the right to make any laws the way it likes.

That Nigeria does not have any serious immigration laws does not mean that other countries will do the same. Some countries are trying to protect their citizens especially as regards to crime. What do illegal immigrants do in foreign lands? How do they feed? Do they work? How do you think crime is promoted? Extreme level of joblessness and/or hopelessness.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2009
There is no truth whatsoever in this story.
Re: We Must Say No To This Devilish Act By The Libyans by nex(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Afam

This story is absolute fallacy. Don't bother yourself with it. I will tell you what happened.

Italy and several EU countries have paid the Libyan government to stop foreigners using their border to Europe and Libya is doing its part to arrest all foreigners who cannot account for their presence in the country. They are not executing any illegal immigrants. The foreigners that are on Death Row, whether illegal or legal, have committed more severe crimes.

Now, there are thousands of Nigerian illegal immigrants held in a camp. They have no means of return and no Government wants to bear the cost. No government should because no government sent them there.

There immigrants have been there for a while now, but they know that the RAMADAN is approaching and since majority of Libyans will be fasting, it is clear that they will not be keen on feeding the detainees with three square meals. This fear has made the detainees seek desperate means of getting out of the detention camp ASAP. There are several radio call-in programs in Benin City where these detainees have called to express this concern.

Due to the fact that they see no urgency on the part of the Nigerian government to quickly repatriate them before the Ramadan starts, they've decided to employ scare tactics to alarm the government and people of Nigeria into coming to their aid.

So be rest assured my fellow Nigerians, nobody will be executed in Libya on the count of illegal immigration. They will only partake in involuntary fasting.

Nigerians should start taking responsibility for their actions. These people truly don't want to leave Libya. They just want to leave the detention camp. If they are released and sent home, 150% of them will return with the hope that this time they won't get caught.

This news came out last week that the 220 would be executed on Thursday 6th August. Now It's tomorrow and tomorrow it will be tomorrow. A poorly constructed lie.

Nothing dey happen.

(1) (Reply)

Richyblack & Morpheus Got Skillz / Oyibo Crazy-9yr Old Boy Turns Into Girl (cuts off his brokus) / Kobojunky's Idealism And Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.