Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria (46051 Views)

President Buhari Reacts To Zimbabwe Military Takeover & Robert Mugabe's Removal / President Buhari Reacts To The Death Of 30 Football Fans Electrocuted In Calabar / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25am On May 11, 2016
iGeneral:

I just knew that if someone has to say something stupid in defense of corruption, it will be someone from the south east of Nigeria. So you would have preferred that the corruption not be talked about by the president despite all he knows abi? Useless thing!
so why is he crying when cameron start towing the same line with him? Anu gboko
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by reliablenenge1: 10:30am On May 11, 2016
US and the UK, that are the most corrupt nation in the world calling Nigeria corrupt. Won't blame Cameron, we are to be blame. We like washing our dirty lining outside that's why. And 2ndly if our president buhari could call us corrupt when he was addressing the nation abroad. Why won't anybody call us same. Instead of Mr president defending the nation he's exempting himself as if he's a saint
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by donodion(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2016
Honorable President,

Thank you for all your efforts to see a radical change in our country and how the world perceives us.You and the true patriots of our dear nation salute you and would continue to support your pursuit for a transformed Nigeria.

You inherited a great deal of monumental problems created by the corrupt buffons of the past,however in shall Allah, you shall succeed on your mission. We the corrupt ones would gladly shrug such comments off their back as it means nothing to them.Its their culture and orientation.

Soon the world shall begin to see us Nigerians as good people great nation under your leadership.

Tuale baba...PMB/Osibanjo till 2023.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by Zhaligkeer(m): 11:04am On May 11, 2016
Buhari: 'I don't want apology'

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari says he does not want an apology from UK Prime Minister David Cameron for describing his country as "fantastically corrupt" - but he does want the repatriation of assets stashed in the UK by corrupt Nigerians.

Speaking at an anti-corruption conference in London, he said:

No. I am not going to demand any apology from anybody. What I am demanding is the return of assets.

I have already mentioned how Britain really led and how disgraceful one of the Nigerian executives was. He had to dress like a woman to leave Britain and leave behind him his bank account and fixed assets, which Britain is prepared to hand over to us.

This is what I am asking for.
What would I do with an apology. I need something tangible."

#BBC Africa
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by donodion(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2016
reliablenenge1:
US and the UK, that are the most corrupt nation in the world calling Nigeria corrupt. Won't blame Cameron, we are to be blame. We like washing our dirty lining outside that's why. And 2ndly if our president buhari could call us corrupt when he was addressing the nation abroad. Why won't anybody call us same. Instead of Mr president defending the nation he's exempting himself as if he's a saint

Guy

are NIGERIANS not corrupt? It is in Nigeria that corruption is an official culture...From sexurity establiahments to religious circle...We reek and stink of corruption and we even export same mentality abroad.....dare you to deny that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by naijanaso: 12:02pm On May 11, 2016
I laugh in vernacular and swahili...This my presido sef! Why are we getting angry with Cameron when he only affirmed our President's position of the state of Nigeria. Was it not GMB that once said that Nigerians were criminals and corrupt? Why the cry now.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by chemberlin(m): 12:11pm On May 11, 2016
Honestly the prime minister isn't wrong with his sayings, looking at the situation of things how many country have u heard names of the leaders there stealing together with his carbinet members? Is only my country Nigeria...so why getting embarrassed.. When u are suppose to come and kill everyone that have been involved since the last 10 years for embezzlling, u still leave them going round the world...PMB u have to do what Ghana did to all corrupt politicians for this spell to end..and u also include it to the constitution that anyone that steals from the country economy will be killed.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2016
ononujuchika:
hope you won't be angry when we call on bubu to arrest amaechi,fashola and tinubu based on their corrupt deeds in govt?

You dey mind them. That's why dem dey call some people zombies.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by LAFOCUZY: 12:33pm On May 11, 2016
Cameron made a fair comment regardless of the circumstance. Is Nigeria corrupt? Yes she is. Is it going to be corrupt 8 years from today - quite definitely. The efforts made by this administration and the past are good but not sustainable in dealing with corruption. they are mere ranting of an ant.

The system is broken and breeds corrupt people. Take out the corrupt principles. The next group of guys would find more ingenuous way and will definitely be more corrupt. The institution that fight corruption is week. The truth is you don't fight corruption, you starve it of livelihood by building good systems and strong institution that benefits the people, reduces uncertainty, provide basic standard of leaving etc.. these will reduce affinity to be corruptible and will boost the threshold of corruptibility depending on the individual. This in turn increases the cost and risk of corrupt practices to corrupt agents resulting to a general downturn in corruption.

While they chase corrupt people, more importantly the government( if not corrupt) should focus on building the system and strong institution. This is what is not happening

I still wonder how a police man who earns poor salary with no welfare system, no medical facility, no housing scheme, no electricity, no guarantee of pension, gratuity and insurance, no schools for his children, no credit system that allows him to acquire basic means of life etc. I wonder how loyal and committed that officer will be at executing his job in the face of the incentives of corruption

our laws literally compensates corruption. Take a look at the sentencing guideline the judges have to use to make judgments and the nature of our laws and you will realize it aids corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by afolabi76: 12:57pm On May 11, 2016
Is the statement of fact that we are extremely fantastically corrupt nation. See the huge supporters of looters in the country especially from SE and SS.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by Rapzino: 1:18pm On May 11, 2016
#NIGERIA,a funny country indeed! President Buhari went to UK months ago and said that "Nigeria is very corrupt" .....NO PROBLEM; David Cameron now chorused that Nigeria is "fantastically corrupt",then every zombie is condemning the Prime Minister's assertion. For those of you taking it too personal,I want to ask: Are your perceptions based on pure sentiment or just blind loyalty or both? Why did you defend PMB for downgrading Nigerians as being corrupt but choose to berate the British PM for making the same statement? Just shut up and face the problems of today,THE TWO LEADERS BOTH MEAN THE SAME THING: Our country is in tatters!!! I think its high time the president allows his Foreign Affairs minister handle the nation's international relations and diplomacy. Nobody can be right all the time,so on this,Buhari first sang the song and now Cameron is mimicking the 2nd stanza ....PERIOD!
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by koolaid87: 1:49pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by omoabejoye: 4:06pm On May 11, 2016
Britain and Cameron cannot exonerate themselves from being a corrupt country and leader because Britain under the watch of David Cameron is a save heaven for corrupt Nigeria politicians. Cameron is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 11, 2016
989900:

The queen and Tony Blair are one of the most corrupt people on earth, ironically one of the most respected.
Cameron is just another loose tap that gets caught on camera with every senile comment . . . heard he is somehow connected to 'Panama'.

His father was connected but his late now .
All the same david profited
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by Obienesarah: 8:54pm On May 11, 2016
ononujuchika:
support one-sided fight against corruption?

What happened to those who padded our budget?

Did rat ate up the petitions written to EFCC about how amaechi and fashola stole their state blind?

What killed timipreye silver's case at EFCC?

When will buhari and his EFCC lap dog probe source of his campaign funds from states that were owning civil servants at that time?

Till your hypocritical buhari answer these simple question don't expect us to take him serious .
For saying this on my behalf........ Take as many beers for my head. U too much.
Re: Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria by Davzeg: 6:38am On May 12, 2016
[that not true.....
quote author=ononujuchika post=45501052]support one-sided fight against corruption?

What happened to those who padded our budget?

Did rat ate up the petitions written to EFCC about how amaechi and fashola stole their state blind?

What killed timipreye silver's case at EFCC?

When will buhari and his EFCC lap dog probe source of his campaign funds from states that were owning civil servants at that time?

Till your hypocritical buhari answer these simple question don't expect us to take him serious.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Babayo Gamawa Decamps To APC From PDP / Police/Equipments: What They Look Like From Around The World. / EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.